Contract extension talks with Bradham taking place this week

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could this mean we're done with the big cost (starting) fa's?

if a Guard becomes available we can cut Chris Williams and sign the other guard with the money we save from him. That would be the only move left that I could envision us making at this point

He wants up front cash and might lose out on some cash but doesn't risk an injury happening and costing him a lot more

Take your guaranteed cash and increase base

Vs

Rookie deal and chance of getting hurt losing out on millions

I'd sign up for a 4 year deal (3 yr extension) with maybe one more contract later

if a Guard becomes available we can cut Chris Williams and sign the other guard with the money we save from him. That would be the only move left that I could envision us making at this point

The problem is cutting Williams saves them very little on the cap this year. He carries a cap hit of $3.35 m this year and a dead cap if cut of $3.125 m, according to Spotrac. Cutting Urbik does not save them much either. This assumes I am understanding the "dead cap" money issue correctly. If someone has a better understanding, please correct me. I think the Bills are out of significant free agent moves for now - very little cap room left after Clay. Their biggest potential savings is Fred Jackson, but nobody wants to go there it seems.

The money saved by cutting Chris Williams won't cover a new signing, particularly if that player is of quality.

Cutting Williams will only save $0.225M of cap if cut now. If cut as a post June cut he will save us $1.975M of cap this year but will have a $1.75M dead hit next year.