Per ESPN, RG3 Could be had in a QB Trade

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RG's problem is that he wants to do it his way.

He doesnt want a coach to take the RGIII out of him. He has the problem that Vick had in the early years.

I would only deal for RG if I were convinced that he had finally grown up and decided that he wanted to be a real NFL QB, and not just be RG III.

While I understand that being uncoachable is a bad thing. I would agree with him in that I would not want a coach to change what makes me successful. I good coach will use a player's strengths and build an offense around them rather than take a gifted athlete and force him to fit a system. I think back to Jim Kelly and how the Bills offense really took off when Marchibroda built the K-gun offense around what Kelly and the rest of the offense did well.

RG3 needs to mature, without question. But he has tremendous physical skills and a good coach should be able to work with that and should also be able to stroke his ego enough to get him to put in the work required to be great. A good coach is also a master motivator and a sports physcologist. Jay Gruden is non of those things.