Chris Brown addresses Mike Williams issue in Fan Friday

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that Orton didn't feel he could trust MW. I didn't trust Orton to be able to step up in the pocket and deliver the ball like a man rather than turning his back to the D like a wuss whenever he felt the pressure coming.

Mike Williams was a lazy malcontent. Shocker.

not a shocker I guess but the first time "the team" has addressed it (if you consider CB a team mouthpiece, I do). Other than Marrone saying at the end of the year that it was nothing MW did; hogan just rose up. But with Marrone gone I wasn't sure if we'd ever get the real story. Guess this is it. Still think there's more but again, no other team has signed him (yet).

not a shocker I guess but the first time "the team" has addressed it (if you consider CB a team mouthpiece, I do). Other than Marrone saying at the end of the year that it was nothing MW did; hogan just rose up. But with Marrone gone I wasn't sure if we'd ever get the real story. Guess this is it. Still think there's more but again, no other team has signed him (yet).

I wasn't trying to blast your story, I had just been a healthy skeptic of MW being the perfect teammate, and I got into a ton of arguments over it.

It is insteresting that they list Robert Woods as the number 3 behind Percy Harvin

I noticed that too though as mentioned in another thread I think #2-3 is kind of muddy with the different sets. Woods will get his targets. Sanjay all also mentioned in his interview yesterday that he loved woods in the intermediate stuff. Harvin is going to draw the coverage so Sammy can be targeted more. Edited by YoloinOhio

I noticed that too though as mentioned in another thread I think #2-3 is kind of muddy with the different sets. Woods will get his targets. Sanjay all also mentioned in his interview yesterday that he loved woods in the intermediate stuff. Harvin is going to draw the coverage so Sammy can be targeted more.

Woods does not strike me as the guy that will B word about his touches......he does complain when QBs lead him into big hits.

Maybe MW realized that Marrone and Hackett were schlubs +/- didn't like the move to bench EJ?

It is interesting he specified Kyle Orton and when he took over in week five as the point in which he became indifferent to putting in extra time. Williams was always a wild card, so, nothing would surprise me. However, like YoloinOhio, I think there is probably more to the story...

I noticed that too though as mentioned in another thread I think #2-3 is kind of muddy with the different sets. Woods will get his targets. Sanjay all also mentioned in his interview yesterday that he loved woods in the intermediate stuff. Harvin is going to draw the coverage so Sammy can be targeted more.

I have been dilly dallying at some lineup moves. Putting Woods and Sammy in the slot with Hogan, Goodwin or Harvin outside. Now with Clay it gets interesting.

I really am curious to what we have. I need to study Romans O. If it is like I understand we will be able to thrive on short yard passing to get YAC. A 3 yard dump to Woods can become a 11 yard pickup if we draw the LB's off their assignments like we should be able to do.

Teams will have no choice but to play us in nickel or dime and only the Jets have the d to accommodate that

As always, I appreciate Yolo's finding stuff and sharing it here. So thanks for the link.

This is old news though. We had discussions about MW when it was revealed that he wasn't onboard with Orton's insistence that the receivers come in at 5am to study film and put in the extra time on game plans, etc. He just rubbed Orton the wrong way from the get go. If your QB feels he can't rely on you, you are screwed as a WR. Simple as that.

GO BILLS!!!

As always, I appreciate Yolo's finding stuff and sharing it here. So thanks for the link.

This is old news though. We had discussions about MW when it was revealed that he wasn't onboard with Orton's insistence that the receivers come in at 5am to study film and put in the extra time on game plans, etc. He just rubbed Orton the wrong way from the get go. If your QB feels he can't rely on you, you are screwed as a WR. Simple as that.

GO BILLS!!!

Yea - but how a coach handles that can vary from bench the guy permanently, to telling them to suck it up and get the job done to coming down on the qb.

Mike Williams isn't good enough to be untouchable but I'm not sure orton earned the right to dictate personnel either.

Really, a shame all around it didn't work out- but they won't all work out I guess

The narrative, as some believed, was that Williams was in Marrone's doghaus and at some point, it was just personal. That never made sense to me. Why would a coach looking to build his resume through wins-losses keep the most talented guy of the two off the roster? What was in it for him? I'd think a coach who makes it to the top of the NFL, with a team struggling offensively, would absolutely put the best player on the field. this explanation makes sense, and would explain why a guy who went for 80 yards once might seem to be the guy at that moment, but maybe not be it so much for the other 59 minutes of the game.

then again, maybe given DM's desire to build a resume to have him actually move backward on the food chain four tsteps, maybe he did botch it all and Orton is a convenient scapegoat.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

The narrative, as some believed, was that Williams was in Marrone's doghaus and at some point, it was just personal. That never made sense to me. Why would a coach looking to build his resume through wins-losses keep the most talented guy of the two off the roster? What was in it for him? I'd think a coach who makes it to the top of the NFL, with a team struggling offensively, would absolutely put the best player on the field. this explanation makes sense, and would explain why a guy who went for 80 yards once might seem to be the guy at that moment, but maybe not be it so much for the other 59 minutes of the game.

you mean the same type of coach that likely let his ego drop him from head coach to OL coach in jax? Yea, I could never see said ego derail any of his decisions with regards to what's best for his career.

Interesting that Orton didn't feel he could trust MW. I didn't trust Orton to be able to step up in the pocket and deliver the ball like a man rather than turning his back to the D like a wuss whenever he felt the pressure coming.

Yeah, anyway....at least Orton was a pro and could spot a guy dogging it. Good for him--now we have a nice find in Hogan, because of ORton.

It is insteresting that they list Robert Woods as the number 3 behind Percy Harvin

Can't remember where I heard it, but I did hear that one of the determining factors for Harvin, in deciding where he would play this year, was that he wanted to be used as a "real wide-receiver" and not just a "gadget player". Perhaps this has something to do with his placement on the depth chart? Ultimately, I don't think it will make a huge difference.