Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"New Bills coach Rex Ryan has been the driving force in the Bills' pursuit of Clay, the source said. Ryan knows the challenges Clay presented when he was coach of the New York Jets during the multiple times they faced him from 2011 to 2014. Clay has 17 career receptions against the Jets for 169 yards and two touchdowns."

No. Haven't made him official offer. He knows the basic parameters though.

That's what I thought. Omar said if he liked it he would have signed it by now, but there's nothing to sign yet

Edited by Bftvocal70

Kirwan on Sirius just now "no reason for Buffalo to be in a hurry. Let Miami sign a couple more guys and use up their cap".

^This^ If Miami holds-off, they'll miss the boat on other players. If they sign them now, then we are basically guaranteed Clay.

We got our guys in free agency and are in a win win at this point. We'll get a guard via trade or later in free agency when there's a cut.

At this point I think Whaley is being calculated. He seems to want this guy and I would be surprised if he doesn't end up with him even if it's "overpaying" (fwiw I don't care if it is)

That's exactly what I think. If it goes on another day or two AND there is a guy available we want we may make the offer so we know exactly what we have. Or if another team jumps in which I highly doubt. Even if say Mathis can be had by trade the Bills don't have to make a move, they can just assume the contract and make moves just before they sign Clay to either contract.

Does he know it's not just about 2015 or nah?

@OmarKelly: The Bills have $14M in cap space. The Dolphins have $21M. Not sure there's an offer Miami can't match. WANT TO is a different subject.

There's the hedge. If the Dols don't match the Bills' offer, it's because they didn't really want him anyway.