Anthony Fasano - TE

YoloinOhio

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Lee smith all that much but he actually grades out a lot higher than Fasano. Fasano is an aging declining player. He graded out as one of the poorest TE's this past season, 61st out of 67 TE's graded. He was particularly putrid run blocking. Lee smith graded out much better ...... long story short: No thanks to Fasano

I don't like Lee smith all that much but he actually grades out a lot higher than Fasano. Fasano is an aging declining player. He graded out as one of the poorest TE's this past season, 61st out of 67 TE's graded. He was particularly putrid run blocking. Lee smith graded out much better ...... long story short: No thanks to Fasano

thank you - that's good info. Not a Lee smith fan but fasano doesn't sound good either.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard his name mentioned yet. Hopefully this isn't a sign of the Clay signing going south. Fasano split duties with Kelce in KC last year.

Per Rotoworld.

The Bills are reportedly interested in free agent TE Anthony Fasano.

Released by Kansas City late last month, Fasano visited the Titans on Tuesday. The 31-year-old is purely a blocking tight end at this stage of his career.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/575883740464816128

I haven't heard his name mentioned yet. Hopefully this isn't a sign of the Clay signing going south. Fasano split duties with Kelce in KC last year.

Per Rotoworld.

The Bills are reportedly interested in free agent TE Anthony Fasano.

Released by Kansas City late last month, Fasano visited the Titans on Tuesday. The 31-year-old is purely a blocking tight end at this stage of his career.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/575883740464816128

Doubtful its a sign of anything with Clay. Just that they need a blocking guy after releasing Chandler. Fasano would be cheap

Fasano is a downgrade from Chandler. I'm sure he's looking for similar money. Makes no sense unless they want him as a blocking tight end in addition to Clay or someone like Vernon Davis.

Thank goodness the Bills aren't naive enough to consider every free agent that comes available as their only option.

I would be shocked if Clay isn't signed. I think the delay is just the process and making the contract something the Dolphins can't match.

I know Bills fans aren't the most patient, but I think in this situation stay calm and stay away from journeyman

Edited by dezertbill

Doubtful its a sign of anything with Clay. Just that they need a blocking guy after releasing Chandler. Fasano would be cheap

For the umpteenth time...Chandler was a terrible blocker.

I think he would be replacing Lee smith.

Bingo.

The guy trashed Buffalo previously

Meh. Lots of guys have. Funny what receiving a paycheck does for your feelings about things.

Funny how money can changes one perspective. Btw, what did he say? Was that when he was in Miami? I'm guessing tony Sparano jr knows him.

He basically trashed the City as a dump

Bills prob need a backup plan, since the Dolphins could match an offer on Clay up to the 7th day. While I wasnt a huge Chandler fan, does make me wonder why they released him this early with the uncertainty at our TE position.

i don't see this as a backup plan for Clay. Very different players. Fasano is a replacement for Lee smith.

I think Chandler release is independent of Clay. If they don't get clay I think they will draft a TE or go after another athletic TE in FA.

@alexmarvez: 1 reason @buffalobills cut Scott Chandler: Want better blocker at TE. Anthony Fasano gives that as 2nd TE. @MikeGarafolo says he's visiting

i don't see this as a backup plan for Clay. Very different players. Fasano is a replacement for Lee smith.

I think Chandler release is independent of Clay. If they don't get clay I think they will draft a TE or go after another athletic TE in FA.

@alexmarvez: 1 reason @buffalobills cut Scott Chandler: Want better blocker at TE. Anthony Fasano gives that as 2nd TE. @MikeGarafolo says he's visiting

Hope this is the case!