So far, treading water in FA and trade aquisitions

I know that it's very early in free agency, but some of the enthusiasm seems to have faded.

So far, we're maybe breaking even when comparing last year's team to this years; specifically,

- Cassell for Orton - maybe a slight plus

McCoy for Kiko - maybe a slight plus - I don't buy the argument that our defense was great last year without him... it's still an elite young talent going out the door - one which would've made our defense even better

Incognito for Searcy - wash

Kept Hughes - we're supposed to keep our own good players - wash

adding Felton - I suppose a plus

If we address TE (Clay) and upgrade guard and add a good linebacker, we could probably say we're better than last year from and overall talent perspective. However, none of these have happened yet.

Right now, about the same as last year, with no first rounder...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoy for Kiko - maybe a slight plus - I don't buy the argument that our defense was great last year without him... it's still an elite young talent going out the door - one which would've made our defense even better

You don't buy it? Meaning it didn't happen? Was last year a mirage? :lol:

...our defense was great last year without him. It's not a wash, it's an objective fact that our defense isn't changed from this year to last year without him, by virtue of the fact that he didn't play last season.

The comparison is McCoy vs. Spiller. That is clearly an improvement.

I know that it's very early in free agency, but some of the enthusiasm seems to have faded.

So far, we're maybe breaking even when comparing last year's team to this years; specifically,

If we address TE (Clay) and upgrade guard and add a good linebacker, we could probably say we're better than last year from and overall talent perspective. However, none of these have happened yet.

My enthusiasm hasn't faded

If comparing the potential 2015 team to last year's, McCoy is a lot more than a "slight plus" over Kiko. Alonso didn't play a down.

And keeping a UFA as good as Hughes deserves a little more credit than you're giving.

The QB is a slight improvement at best. Keeping Hughes was a big plus. One look around the NFL shows the reality that no team keeps all its good players. Any thought otherwise is nonsense. That was a big win. Alonso did not play last year, and the fact is indisputable that the D was excellent last year. The law of diminishing returns says Alonso could not possibly make the D much better. The RBs on this team were not effective, so getting an elite talent atRB is a big plus. That said, the Bills need to sign a TE, Harvin, and possibly an OL to truly make this FA period a success. They can get this done for sure. A LB can be added in the draft and is replaceable for sure.

How don't you buy the argument that our D was better last year with out kiko? It's a fact. Kiko didn't play. The defense ranked better across the board. Could it have been even better if kiko played? Probably. But there is no argument. This isn't a slight against kiko. Just stating a fact.

I think we are better so far compared to last.

shady is better than our backs last year

incognito should be better than whatever we had there last year

Coaching is not free agency or a trade but across the board it is better than last year so we should improve almost everywhere.

cassel is = to Orton

Felton is better than summers

kiko didn't play so there's no gain or loss compared to last year.

As the previous poster alluded to, you are comparing apples to oranges. How do you compare a RB to a LB, a Guard to a safety??? Makes no friggin' sense.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

You're supposed to build through the draft...

I'm surprised there are football fans that don't know just how special McCoy is at the position. A slight edge over Kiko? As much as I like Alonso's potential, that is just what it is at this point, potential; promise based on a decent rookie season. That just doesn't compare with the accomplishments McCoy has already achieved in the league.

GO BILLS!!!