Kiko provides inside look on trade, via NFL.com

I think Kiko is talented in his own right but in many cases a great DL can make LBs look better. LB is also one of the easier positions to step in and succeed as a rookie. I hope he has a great career. I'll be interested to see him in a different D.

Ok, been biting my tongue but this is the kind of trade that one day we will look back upon and be surprised. Not like Lynch, no. This will likely be, at least what I feel, to be a trade where in 10 years we have long forgotten McCoy - 5 years or something beforehand, and Kiko Alonso is still one of the best LB's in the game.

The perception will remind people of Seau.

Edited by jboyst62

McCoy will be good sure, for a few more years but Alonso will be great for a decade.

or he injures his ACL... Again.

Ok, been biting my tongue but this is the kind of trade that one day we will look back upon and be surprised. Not like Lynch, no. This will likely be, at least what I feel, to be a trade where in 10 years we have long forgotten McCoy - 5 years or something beforehand, and Kiko Alonso is still one of the best LB's in the game.

The perception will remind people of Seau.

Defense got better without him... That didn't happen with your other examples.

Edited by Beef Jerky

kiko's wheels are problematic.. his agility makes him valuable.. another severe knee injury could make him just another LB with great football sense who can't catch up to the play.. hoping that doesn't happen to the kid, but it's a reality

ACLs happen.

I've snapped my left ACL, and had it replaced twice. (I'm 50, and an avid skier.) My right ACL has never had a problem. And, they are very good at replacing them these days. There's no reason his new one shouldn't be 100%.

I really like Kiko and don't feel like we have to win the trade. I hope Kiko does great on the Eagles. It did somewhat surprise me that he said he wasnt 100% yet. Hasnt it been 10 months or so? With the surgeries these days I would have thought he was back to 100%.

That's not to say I dont think he will be, or that he is damaged goods. I expect him back as good as ever. But from the limited reports we have heard he was back, and if he is not 100% yet I found that a little strange.

I love the trade, mostly because I think Bradham is a stud. But I think and hope Kiko kills it on the Eagles.

For some reason the Eagles like to trade for guys with twice blown out ACLs. I wish the best for Kiko, but he is undersized and now in a physical division. Bradford, besides the two ACLs also had a bad shoulder injury in college. I have more faith in Kiko succeeding than I do Bradford. Chip is either gonna look like a football genius or a football idiot.

I really like Kiko and don't feel like we have to win the trade. I hope Kiko does great on the Eagles. It did somewhat surprise me that he said he wasnt 100% yet. Hasnt it been 10 months or so? With the surgeries these days I would have thought he was back to 100%.

That's not to say I dont think he will be, or that he is damaged goods. I expect him back as good as ever. But from the limited reports we have heard he was back, and if he is not 100% yet I found that a little strange.

I love the trade, mostly because I think Bradham is a stud. But I think and hope Kiko kills it on the Eagles.

Actually, not a whole lot has changed with ACL replacement in the last decade. The remains of the torn ACL are cleaned out, and then another one (usually from a cadaver) is threaded in in its place. A new ACL grows around the cadaver ligament. For the first few months, or so, the new ligament actually gets weaker, as the body rids itself of the graft, while the new one grows. It's usually a few months or more before someone can run. Rushing rehab can really mess up the new ACL.

Edited by Rocky Landing

McCoy will be good sure, for a few more years but Alonso will be great for a decade.

as long as his knee is ok....and Alonzo himself said it is not 100% healed......I understand a long ways until the season but I'd be a bit worried if I was Philly.

Actually, not a whole lot has changed with ACL replacement in the last decade. The remains of the torn ACL are cleaned out, and then another one (usually from a cadaver) is threaded in in its place. A new ACL grows around the cadaver ligament. For the first few months, or so, the new ligament actually gets weaker, as the body rids itself of the graft, while the new one grows. It's usually a few months or more before someone can run. Rushing rehab can really mess up the new ACL.

All this said, you're not a pro athlete charged with running down some of he fastest, strongest men on the planet . . .