Sanchez in talks to return to Eagles - update: signed

Have a feeling chip is going to go all in for his boy Mariota and deal Foles to Tennessee in the trade up to get him. Sanchez would be vet backup.

@AroundTheNFL: Report: Eagles, Sanchez have strong mutual interest in reuniting http://t.co/orixxlZKw5

I think that a deal for Mariota is in the works with the Jets. The Jets don't want him and they are probably wanting Nick Foles as part of the trade (along with picks) with the Eagles.

The price to go up to the Titans would be ridiculous and there's no other team that wants Mariota. Maybe the Rams would be in play? But they don't have a Foles to trade, they have Bradford and the Jets don't want that contract.

I think that a deal for Mariota is in the works with the Jets. The Jets don't want him and they are probably wanting Nick Foles as part of the trade (along with picks) with the Eagles.

The price to go up to the Titans would be ridiculous and there's no other team that wants Mariota. Maybe the Rams would be in play? But they don't have a Foles to trade, they have Bradford and the Jets don't want that contract.

i don't see any way mariota falls to 6. How do you know that no other team wants him? The only teams I don't think would take him are Jax and Oakland but they could certainly deal the pick to Phil.

Why wouldn't the jets want mariota?

I don't think you can guess who the Jets want at QB. And, with a QB I would think teams are more interested in having who they think is the better QB versus who has a friendlier cap hit as it is the most important position in pretty much all team sports. So, I don't think the Jets or anyone would prefer Foles over Bradford on the salary ALONE. Lastly, the Jets have a lot of cap space and I don't think taking on Bradford's contract would be an issue for them.

As a Bills fan I would prefer the Jets to have Foles over Bradford.

i don't see any way mariota falls to 6. How do you know that no other team wants him? The only teams I don't think would take him are Jax and Oakland but they could certainly deal the pick to Phil.

Why wouldn't the jets want mariota?

From what I've read and heard, Mariota is a talented QB but a project. Specifically, he knows college spread hurry up offense only. He never called a huddle or went behind center. Teams may say they have interest, but what NFL team is going to sign on to a 2 year project? Realizing that NFL coaching and front offices are on hyper speed for showing results? Coaches and GMs don't have four year deals and are afforded the time to show results three years down the line. That is today's NFL.

The only team I see that is comfortable with Mariota is the obvious team, the Eagles. Maybe Fisher with the Rams is comfortable in his job and would be afforded the three year time frame to develop him. But I just don't buy into the idea that NFL teams picking high in the draft are wanting Mariota. The media may report it, but I'm not buying it.

Unless you are Chip Kelly and are all in on using the Oregon offense in the NFL, I'd seriously question betting on Mariota developing quickly enough to save your job.

From what I've read and heard, Mariota is a talented QB but a project. Specifically, he knows college spread hurry up offense only. He never called a huddle or went behind center. Teams may say they have interest, but what NFL team is going to sign on to a 2 year project? Realizing that NFL coaching and front offices are on hyper speed for showing results? Coaches and GMs don't have four year deals and are afforded the time to show results three years down the line. That is today's NFL.

The only team I see that is comfortable with Mariota is the obvious team, the Eagles. Maybe Fisher with the Rams is comfortable in his job and would be afforded the three year time frame to develop him. But I just don't buy into the idea that NFL teams picking high in the draft are wanting Mariota. The media may report it, but I'm not buying it.

Unless you are Chip Kelly and are all in on using the Oregon offense in the NFL, I'd seriously question betting on Mariota developing quickly enough to save your job.

chan will run a spread in NJ

He isn't a "project" to be developed over a few years as much as he just isn't immediate plug and play due to oregon system. He just needs to learn how to huddle. I think he can handle it. He might be a guy to sit for a year - rams probably wouldn't mind a guy like that. I think he would start right away in nj or Phil. Could sit for a year in Tennessee or compete for starting job with mettenberger. QB prospects like him don't grow on trees. With the lack of QB talent in the league right now, he will be a hot commodity. Jmo.

Teams may say they have interest, but what NFL team is going to sign on to a 2 year project? Realizing that NFL coaching and front offices are on hyper speed for showing results? Coaches and GMs don't have four year deals and are afforded the time to show results three years down the line. That is today's NFL.

So the Bills are going to draft him? :nana:

Great, keep him far far away from this team. Cant have that butt fumbling sideline hot dog eating buffoon around this team.

Please tell us how you really feel about the Sanchize, Ryan. :lol:

As a Bills fan, I prefer the Jets have Geno Smith as their starting QB, and no Foles or Bradford. :D

And no Mariota either, IMO.

Possible problem for Philly.

Heard unsubstantiated chatter on local sports radio here in LA. That Philly cant assume that a move to 6 (Jets) will get Mariota.

Cleveland is lurking at 12. And they also have #19. They might package it up and move to 4 (raiders) or 5 (redskins) to leapfrog Philly, since those teams are not taking a QB. Neither is Jacksonville at 3.

The Texans might be in play also, perhaps sending Andre Johnson and a pick.

Edited by maddenboy

Makes sense for Sanchez to take another one year deal with the Eagles. They made him look pretty competent and improved his stock last year but not to the point where a team is going to give him a starting job. The Eagles will probably get him for 5-7 million one year small guarantee. Sanchez should have a good shot at being the Eagles QB. 1- If they can't swing a trade and Foles is there Sanchez will get a shot to overtake Foles 2- If they do get Mariota Sanchez still has a shot to overtake the rookie if in camp and preseason Mariota struggles (Also Chip being a college guy might want to sit him a year anyway).

Possible problem for Philly.

Heard unsubstantiated chatter on local sports radio here in LA. That Philly cant assume that a move to 6 (Jets) will get Mariota.

Cleveland is lurking at 12. And they also have #19. They might package it up and move to 4 (raiders) or 5 (redskins) to leapfrog Philly, since those teams are not taking a QB. Neither is Jacksonville at 3.

The Texans might be in play also, perhaps sending Andre Johnson and a pick.

They just took Johnny Manziel in the first round last year. There is no way the Browns give up on him after just two NFL starts and in the process use two first rounds picks to get a project QB like Mariota who will take a couple of years to develop.

NFL teams don't give up on a 1st round QB after two starts. I've never seen it happen. I'm not going to believe in any of these trade rumors other than the Eagles trade rumors. Possibly the Rams.

Fisher is far from comfortable with the Rams. He hitched his star to Bradford 2 years in a row and the best that can be said is he gets credit for "doing well, considering".

@AdamSchefter: Mark Sanchez is going back to Eagles, 2 Year Deal, max value of $16M, $5.5M Guaranteed, per source.

@MMehtaNYDN: Rex-Sanchez reunion in Buffalo was never an option/serious consideration RT @RapSheet Mark Sanchez is heading back to #Eagles, source said