Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 Sacks!!!! That's his ceiling. Iv been saying he is not worth 10m. Hell he isn't worth 8.5m. Offer the same contract to hardy and see what a real DE could do with the rest of this line. Hardy should be our #1 target. 15 sacks is Harry's floor. He could get 20 sacks if the offence can get a lead!! Go bills. He would help everyone. The run game, pressure the qb, and help the secondary.. Get this done

The Bills D is good, but to suggest playing nine vrs eleven seems a bit much!

In all seriousness I wouldn't over pay for him either, but likely some team will. If he goes a team with a decent D already, he may be OK, but likely the team to overpay are the ones with little to know current pass rush. Depending on Jerry in that mode., likely won't work out.

This should have been the plan all along.

Mario-Kyle-Dareus-Hardy

Brown-Harris-Bradham

Williams-Duke

Not too shabby...

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

If I was Hughes I take the 10-11 somewhere else, but make sure that is mostly signing bonus/guaranteed, because they'll want him to restructure in 3 years when he's not getting double digit sacks...

Hate to say it but he's part of the system here, a great part, but a part of it. Without three Pro Bowlers, he's average.

I commented in another thread, the Bills can get him back in two seasons once he's likely cut for underperforming the $11 mil contract he got. If he goes someplace where these's a good line, then he may be OK

If I was Hughes I take the 10-11 somewhere else, but make sure that is mostly signing bonus/guaranteed, because they'll want him to restructure in 3 years when he's not getting double digit sacks...

Hate to say it but he's part of the system here, a great part, but a part of it. Without three Pro Bowlers, he's average.

I hope most people around here think the same way when it comes to OGs. I'd rather pay a pass rusher like Hughes a premium than an OG like Iupati.

I do NOT think the way you do, at this time given the current roster. We need maulers up front to score points on offense. Pay Iupati or someone almost as effective in the run game.

Hardy would be even better than Hughes...He does have some baggage that might keep his price tag down a bit.

The sad part is that lots of guys have baggage, and he was acquitted once he had an actual trial. Some say he "paid off" his former girlfriend to not show up, but we will never know. If that's what happened then why are WE more concerned about it than the woman who apparently took the $$ as compensation for what happened?

Hardy would be even better than Hughes...He does have some baggage that might keep his price tag down a bit.

The sad part is that lots of guys have baggage, and he was acquitted once he had an actual trial. Some say he "paid off" his former girlfriend to not show up, but we will never know. If that's what happened then why are WE more concerned about it than the woman who apparently took the $$ as compensation for what happened?

I am more concerned about the potential for a six game suspension. It is very unlikely this issue will be sorted out before Tuesday. Big risk, but maybe that drops his price. I hope the Bills are planning to take a look.

I am more concerned about the potential for a six game suspension. It is very unlikely this issue will be sorted out before Tuesday. Big risk, but maybe that drops his price. I hope the Bills are planning to take a look.

I imagine they may try to hit him with something like a 6 week...But I doubt a suspension that long is going to stick after appeal... B-)

Losing Hughes, lost out on Harris at MLB plus of course no Kiko, god forbid we lose Dareus next yr. Our defense isn't set, we are going to have to make some moves there too. The focus has been offense, and rightfully so, but now we have some glaring holes on defense as well

Losing Hughes, lost out on Harris at MLB plus of course no Kiko, god forbid we lose Dareus next yr. Our defense isn't set, we are going to have to make some moves there too. The focus has been offense, and rightfully so, but now we have some glaring holes on defense as well

Are you just some Doom and Gloom troll?

Edited by Beef Jerky