Phone Broke - What to Get?

Gugny

After having an iPhone for many years, I switched to Android (Motorola Razr HD Maxx) about 15 months ago. I dropped it just right and it's toast. Gotta get a new one tomorrow morning (Verizon) and looking for some quick reviews.

I didn't hate the Apple, but my wife is having a B word of a time with her 5.

I've enjoyed the Android, but it was starting to get very laggy as of late. I downloaded an app cache cleaner and it helped a little, but not much. I'm not a big app guy, so I wasn't taxing it; I'm sure of that.

All I want is something that:

Has good battery life

Doesn't freeze

Doesn't have a history of glitches

Is user friendly

Is speedy with Internet browsing, facebook, tbd, etc.

I don't want a phablet. I loved the size of my Razr.

Serious input would be appreciated. Thank you.

How can I block Beerball from this one thread?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having an iPhone for many years, I switched to Android (Motorola Razr HD Maxx) about 15 months ago. I dropped it just right and it's toast. Gotta get a new one tomorrow morning (Verizon) and looking for some quick reviews.

I've enjoyed the Android, but it was starting to get very laggy as of late. I downloaded an app cache cleaner and it helped a little, but not much. I'm not a big app guy, so I wasn't taxing it; I'm sure of that.

Has good battery life

Doesn't freeze

Is user friendly

dkmb86g_487pr55s2hc_b.jpg

I am still using a Moto Droid 4 from 3 years ago. I use Go Launcher on it. Heck, it fact I am hammering away on the slide keyboard for this post. I don't know what I am going to do when I need a new phone, I use this one for everything I do... I don't even use a PC outside work. They simply don't make the QWERTY's anymore... Everything is on screen keyboard, I will be lost with out this phone.

Oh... The phone will blaze and then it slows down. What's the odds there is some conspiracy that Verizon wants me to upgrade. I will wear 'em down! I really wish they'd make a Droid 5!

IMO

Apple = best hardware

Google Nexus = best value

Best OS = seems a matter of preference, if someone is already on Apple platform I would think just stick with it. For someone's who's platform agnostic, I'd give slight edge to Android as it's simpler looking, and more familiar to traditional PC users ....

.... which brings up another point. Windows phones won't look familiar to pre-Windows 8 PC users, however if someone wants to be considered a "rebel", a Windows phone is the way to go (surprising as that sounds about a MS product)

Edited by JTSP

My wife said the same thing. Didn't ever want to give up the slide-out keyboard. Then she had to give up her keyboard for an iphone, and it took like 2 days to get used to it!!

I am so scared man! LoL... I hate change! :-(

The big iPhone is next for me.

I Have A Feeling This Will Be Me Down That Wormhole. I Am Typing This Onscreen... Why Is Every Word Capitilized Automatically? Lol ...

Has good battery life

Doesn't freeze

Is user friendly

you need to research the carrier coverage where you live and frequently travel

even the best phone sux when you have no coverage.

all new smart phones have battery life or 1 day. IF you turn off ALL WiFi and only use it to make calls you will get better battery life

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I have an iPhone 6 plus. I LOVE the screen size. It's speedy. It's easy to read without making the text huge. I hate the size of the phone though. It's a tradeoff for me, but in hindsight, I wish I'd have gotten the 6 and not the plus. Fitting phone in pants trumps size!

I have an iPhone 6 plus. I LOVE the screen size. It's speedy. It's easy to read without making the text huge. I hate the size of the phone though. It's a tradeoff for me, but in hindsight, I wish I'd have gotten the 6 and not the plus. Fitting phone in pants trumps size!

Yeah, the 6-plus is a definite no for me, for that reason.

I can't believe no one is saying anything about Samsungs. I thought they were supposed to be the fashizzle dizzle.

iphone 5's are very comfortable in the hand and the pocket, that's for sure. I think if someone doesn't have a tablet that's when the 6" screens make the most sense Edited by JTSP

Yeah, the 6-plus is a definite no for me, for that reason.

I can't believe no one is saying anything about Samsungs. I thought they were supposed to be the fashizzle dizzle.

I have the iphone 5 and work gave me a Galaxy S5 and I prefer the older iphone. I will definitely get the 6 when my contract is up.

If you purchase apple products, you're doing it wrong. Overpriced and underpowered.

Buy yourself one of these

http://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/droid-turbo-64gb-black-ballistic-nylon/?srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=38-28349428-2&cmp=Google-PLA

and thank me later.

Had the droid for years and as soon as I got my sons old iphone 4..I never

looked back. I use it all day for emails, updates ..podcasts.upgrade next

month to the five or six...

I have the iPhone 6+ and my wife has the 6. I really do love my phone, but I would also have been perfectly fine with the 6. The size of it is not a hindrance for me...I would never carry my phone in my front jeans pocket anyway.

Before I had the 6+, I was infatuated with getting the biggest screen possible. Don't get me wrong, it's still an awesome phone for reading and responding to emails. However, the "will it fit in my pants" factor will trump any large screen size argument. Again, beforehand, I would never have fathomed loving a smaller phone. After, you truly need to invest in a practical device.