Phone Broke - What to Get?

Gugny

If you are looking at an Android phone, don't buy a new one now. New Samsung and HTC are coming in a month.

See if you can get by with a basic prepay phone for a month, then get one of the new ones.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are looking at an Android phone, don't buy a new one now. New Samsung and HTC are coming in a month.

See if you can get by with a basic prepay phone for a month, then get one of the new ones.

I think you meant to send this to Captain Hindsight.

I'm still new to the smart phone business as got my first one last year but I ended up getting arguably the best one out there. It's a Motorola Moto X. I ended up going with the a 1st generation as I don't like the idea of a super big phone but it's been discontinued but the 2nd generation has gotten some pretty good reviews too.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had an eye on HTC for a while now since I don't really care about camera quality, which was supposedly their weakness. Reviews are spilling out on the M9 now saying the battery is somehow worse than the M8? I don't even understand how that's possible, considering they up'd the battery size and kept the screen the same.

I try not to get the same phone as everyone else but may have to cave to the new Samsung, which looks pretty sweet.

thoughts on Galaxy S4 or HTC One? Was looking at the Droid Maxx, but it doesn't appear to have the available upgrade to Lollipop. Thoughts?

Personally I dislike HTC and Samsung. Mainly because of bloatware. They skin their Droids. I love HTC Hardware. If I got an HTC the first thing I would do is root it and flash a new ROM.

I stick with Motorola or Nexus. I have a Nexus 5 right now and it is the best phone I have owned.

These are pretty sweet. They're big, but like, you can flip it shut to be small and put it in your pocket. Ain't no app for that.motorola-razr-v3-unlocked-phone-silver-3

Bahh.... nothing can beat a good ol' bag phone. 3 watts of power, never drop a call....

il_fullxfull.572819759_nwxd.jpg