Today! Mad Dog Sports.... I have to share this

Well since the Bills are the talk of the NFL right now, todays Mad Dog Sports summed it all up...

Dolphins fan calls in and talks about the Fins and how they will pan out in FA this year. He starts talking about the division and the radio man steps right in on him.

"Im sorry to tell you this but the Buffalo Bills are now the Beast In the East" Hands down

The guy was quiet..

Radio guys says that Buffalo just took over that division and confidence the Bills have now will alone put the Pats in second place. He said when NE comes to Buffalo this year to play it will be a end of a era for New England.

Had to share this because it had me so pumped up guy!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well since the Bills are the talk of the NFL right now, todays Mad Dog Sports summed it all up...

Dolphins fan calls in and talks about the Fins and how they will pan out in FA this year. He starts talking about the division and the radio man steps right in on him.

"Im sorry to tell you this but the Buffalo Bills are now the Beast In the East" Hands down

The guy was quiet..

Radio guys says that Buffalo just took over that division and confidence the Bills have now will alone put the Pats in second place. He said when NE comes to Buffalo this year to play it will be a end of a era for New England.

Hope it works out that way, it certainly feels like a massive change is in the air. :beer:

Then again, Poojer could have just farted.

The Sports Radio talking heads here in the Boston area are actually in agreement that we have a kick-ass defense and are improving to the point where we may give the Patriots some "competition" this year. But they say we are not close to being good enough to knock them off the top of the mountain yet. Signing Matt Cassel didn't exactly send them running into the streets in fear of playing the Bills next year.

The Sports Radio talking heads here in the Boston area are actually in agreement that we have a kick-ass defense and are improving to the point where we may give the Patriots some "competition" this year. But they say we are not close to being good enough to knock them off the top of the mountain yet. Signing Matt Cassel didn't exactly send them running into the streets in fear of playing the Bills next year.

Heh. When I heard that Matt Cassel was unhappy about being traded to B'lo my first translation was "shitting his drawers at the thought of facing the Pats 2x season"

They killed him in Minn. last year - just absolutely shredded him, no quarter, no mercy, 4 INTs, 1.2 AY/A, just a giant turd of a game. That said, the Minn. offensive system was "hand off to AP. Get out of his way. Repeat", and that was the week the AP child abuse thing broke and he wasn't playing. So the Vikes likely were scrambing around for a game plan, but still, it was clear Bellycheat knew every one of Cassel's tendencies as a passer and was ruthless in exploiting them.

Edited by Hopeful

Heh. When I heard that Matt Cassel was unhappy about being traded to B'lo my first translation was "shitting his drawers at the thought of facing the Pats 2x season"

They killed him in Minn. last year - just absolutely shredded him, no quarter, no mercy, 4 INTs, 1.2 AY/A, just a giant turd of a game. That said, the Minn. offensive system was "hand off to AP. Get out of his way. Repeat", and that was the week the AP child abuse thing broke and he wasn't playing. So the Vikes likely were scrambing around for a game plan, but still, it was clear Bellycheat knew every one of Cassel's tendencies as a passer and was ruthless in exploiting them.

Cassel should be happy wherever he winds up. At least he'll likely play here unless EJ or someone else learns to excel.

I get the feeling we are turning into the Redskins - going after every big-name guy trying to make a splash like its a video game or something. Pretty soon we may be in Salary cap hell with no draft picks to fill the roster.

I mean, we traded for Cassel when there are a half dozen free agents who are just as bad as him.

Edited by peterpan

The guy was quiet..

That could very well be, but as they say, "the proof is in the pudding."

Rex is a good coach, but he's certainly not without his flaws.

As we all know, Brady carries the Pats, not Belicheat. As soon as Brady trends downward or retires, that's when the official changing of the guard in NE occurs.

For now I'd say it's a two-team race assuming we don't make any draft blunders or anything else. Whaley's still here, author of that ridiculous Watkins trade and self-proclaimed "mastermind" behind the huge reach to draft Manuel.

There's finally a lot to be optimistic about. Cassel, McCoy, decent WRs, hopefully a good TE that will be available in round 2, and no matter what probably a top-10, maybe top-5 D again.

I get the feeling we are turning into the Redskins - going after every big-name guy trying to make a splash like its a video game or something. Pretty soon we may be in Salary cap hell with no draft picks to fill the roster.

I mean, we traded for Cassel when there are a half dozen free agents who are just as bad as him.

I don't know about that, Cassel was probably worth a flyer of a 5th or whatever it was. He's at least posted a couple of really good seasons. The questions on him are why did he not play well in the others. Talent around him worsened, or did opponents just catch on. In NE in 2008 the Pats had an easy schedule that season, it's not like he won 11 games against great team, he didn't. He mostly if not exclusively won them against schleps and failed to make the playoffs for the only time during the Brady era.

NE just won the Super Bowl and the Bills are the Beasts of the east? I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for that to be the case but until we beat them on the field both times in a season we are who we are.

Edited by UB83

I think it is automatic reflex action for the media to say X player is not happy about going there anytime someone is traded or drafted to Buffalo. If Cassel is upset about coming to Buffalo then he is a freaking idiot. He is going to get a chance to be a starter with the best supporting cast he has ever had around him. He could have a rebound year and make him an extra 20 million over his career on his next contract.

There is a chance that Cassel could have a late career surge on a great team that suits his strengths. We are trying to be a great running team and I think we will. That should suit Cassel because he is good at play action. Also he is playing with by far the best receivers he has ever played with. I really love our trio. Watkins the game breaker super talent that should be one of the best it he league. Robert Woods a hugely underrated receiver with great hands and great competitiveness, and Hogan the classic great route runner who always get to the spot he needs to be. Fix the line and upgrade the tight end and Cassel couldn't possibly be entering a better situation.

Keep tree branches out of the hands of McCoy.