Now let's seal the deal: Fix the O-line!

Our franchise QB isn't walking through that door so it's time to stop fretting about a position we can't fix and get busy fixing the ones we can! I sat and watched every sports talking head show I DVR'd yesterday and almost every one made the same valid point: The McCoy deal is useless unless the Bills improve their run blocking.

I'm sure Rex and Doug are well aware and likely scheming some fixes as I write this. Get a line that can bust open some holes and we have something here.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Patience my friends. FA doesn't even start until next Tuesday and we already have a new RB, new QB and new OG. Can't wait for FA and the draft. I'm sure that the OL will be addressed. Another G for sure and possibly a couple through FA and the draft.

Patience my friends. FA doesn't even start until next Tuesday and we already have a new RB, new QB and new OG. Can't wait for FA and the draft. I'm sure that the OL will be addressed. Another G for sure and possibly a couple through FA and the draft.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I guess Whaley & the Pegulas have been moving so fast that expectations are that they'll be done by dinnertime.

Isn't it great to have a decisive action oriented FO making moves. I have no doubt the OL and TE issues will be addressed through free agency and the draft. We just have to let FA and the draft happen.

This is more crucial to making the playoffs than Hughes is, in my opinion.

I disagree. And, I believe it is a lot easier to find an upgrade at G, then it is to find a pass rushing talent equivalent to Hughes. Defense wins championships!

Both Spiller and McCoy are same type of backs who work in space and tend to bounce out when unsuccessful.

This is opposite to Fred Jackson who tends to be a cutter and a tackle breaker.

The OL blocking has been very poor last two years and there was no holes for RBs and RBs needed to make holes or hope for coverage breakdowns. It all was directly related to coaching scheme and not surprised OL coach was not retained.

Joe D’Alessandris is a great OL coach and it is not surprising that OL regressed last two years; talent was some of it but Joe D’Alessandris took players who were discarded by other teams and made them functional.

Our franchise QB isn't walking through that door so it's time to stop fretting about a position we can't fix and get busy fixing the ones we can! I sat and watched every sports talking head show I DVR'd yesterday and almost every one made the same valid point: The McCoy deal is useless unless the Bills improve their run blocking.

I'm sure Rex and Doug are well aware and likely scheming some fixes as I write this. Get a line that can bust open some holes and we have something here.

:beer: This is what I have been saying too! Fix what we can! At the very least it will make the bad QB's a little better.

@JasonLaCanfora
PHI and BUF will be very active. PHI to target Byron Maxwell, Jason Worilds, Devin McCourty among others. BUF like David Harris, Mike Iupati

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/573576862468804608

Big Cat likes to disagree with me but Iupati is going to be too expensive. I like Boling or get a G in the draft. I like Harris though, tackling machine

I think we're only 1 player away from fixing the OL. If even that much.

One thing to remember is the coaching mess that was our Offensive staff last year, especially at OL.

Eric Wood said it in an interview this offseason: between the OL coach, the OC, the HC taking an interest in OL, and other assistants, tehy had 3-4 different voices in their heads at all times. Often telling them all different things.

I think getting rid of those chumps and bringing in Kromer and Roman is a pretty substantial upgrade to the OL itself.

With the long list of serviceable OGs available in FA, we should be able to add 1 more and be ready to roll!

Trading for McCoy without fixing the O-Line would be like trading two first round picks to move up and get the best WR in the draft without fixing the QB situation.

Wait, what? :mellow:

And then have a coach who refuses to scheme to him!

Big Cat likes to disagree with me but Iupati is going to be too expensive. I like Boling or get a G in the draft. I like Harris though, tackling machine

Agreed, we dont need to get the top-paid OG in FA, just a good one who can road-grade. I'd take Boling or Blalock at $3-4mil instead of Iupati at $7.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I guess Whaley & the Pegulas have been moving so fast that expectations are that they'll be done by dinnertime.

Isn't it great to have a decisive action oriented FO making moves. I have no doubt the OL and TE issues will be addressed through free agency and the draft. We just have to let FA and the draft happen.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Absolutely loving the fact that they are being so active in addressing needs early this offseason. Can't wait for next week to see what they do.