Say McCoy refuses to be a Bill. Would you...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...trade him to the Cowboys for a first and fourth?

so in this fantasy Kiko is worth a first and a fourth to you?

If McCoy could hv brought that back don't you think the Eagles would hv taken that over Kiko to help their rumored attempt to trade up?

Why would Dallas trade a first and a fourth to pay a RB ten mil when they can just resign Murray?

What kind of compensatory pick will the Bills get if he doesn't suit up for them? Will it be something like a 5th rounder?

Why would bills get a compensatory pick? Edited by Max997

If for whatever reason he refuses to suit up for us, you trade him for whatever you can get. If he happens to get us a first and a fourth, then awesome. But I highly doubt anyone will offer us more than just a fourth.

...trade him to the Cowboys for a first and fourth?

Can we please just wait until something like that happens?

And can we also please quit with the crazy talk trades?

If the Eagles could have got a 1st and a 4th from Dallas for McCoy, they would have done so. If Dallas wants to pay $10 million plus a 1st and a 4th for a running back why wouldn't they just do a full court press to resign Murray?

Shady is a PA kid and has lived in Pennsylvania his entire life. His friends and family are all there. And I'm sure the trade came as a shock. I don't blame him for being unhappy.

I'm sure he'll adjust to a new reality. Being the workhorse in a Rex/Roman ground-and-pound offense can't sound like a bad thing once he does a little research. Roman has a reputation for drawing up plays that give backs holes to run through. And Rex's former players almost universally like/love him.

Personally, I'd be happy to move back to Buffalo (or move to any NFL city), if someone was going to pay me millions per year. Shady will be fine with the trade eventually.

Edited by hondo in seattle

My ideal scenario is that this trade falls through because of this and Whaley comes to his senses.

Why do you think this trade falling through would constitute Whaley coming to his senses? It's potentially a very good deal for both sides.

In any event, hopefully the Bills will put some contingency language in the trade agreement, but I put my faith in that Rex Ryan charm and the B'lo players to talk him into it.

I like the trade..but the one thing that bothers, or maybe I should say, puzzles me: Does Chip Kelly really think that McCoy is done, or useless to him? Love Kiko, don't get me wrong, but I would think the Eagles could have packaged McCoy, and say, some draft picks to move up closer to getting Mariota.

Can't keep up with all the moving parts in these things any more...but is there some financial advantage to the Eagles for trading McCoy now, as opposed to later in the off-season? Is he due some big pay-out if he is still on their roster once FA starts? If so, I can understand it a little, but otherwise, if I was an Eagles fan, I would be very leery of Chip Kelly and all the power he has obtained in Philly.

Kelly seems out to prove that the Oregon Ducks can beat any team in the NFL. I wouldn't be shocked if he slides from being a "genius" to a buffoon in the next two years... he is dumping, and continues to dump, a lot of proven NFL talent, and getting little in return for it.

Edited by Buftex

What if Kiko fails his Eagles' physical? Then everyone is boo-hooing because their fears were confirmed - Kiko is not healthy.

I am sure Whaley knows McCoy very well. Both went to University of Pittsburgh. Whaley is as much a PA guy as McCoy. The Pittsburgh connection goes even deeper in that Donohoe is a special advisor in Philadelphia so it would make sense that Whaley and he had some conversations about McCoy's availability, etc... (Whaley and Donohoe were together for a short time with the Steelers before Donohoe came to Buffalo)

knowing he doesn't want to be here makes this deal even worse. how hard is he going to play for us if he doesn't want to play for us?

and there's no way we would get a 1st round pick for him. if we could i would do that deal in a second, draft Gurley and then have that 4th round pick too