ej should be thrilled

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire TEAM should be thrilled -- the Bills essentially traded a "depth" player for a top-3 RB. The only people who aren't loving this deal are the ones with mad man-love for Kiko.

i would NOT call Kiko a depth player.

He's another Keuchly if he stays healthy. A young impact player at a key position who in three years will be in his prime while McCoy will be on the way out of the league.

Edited by Webster Guy

He's another Keuchly if he stays healthy. A young impact player at a key position who in three years will be in his prime while McCoy will be on the way out of the league.

He is a depth player in the sense that we have room to spare on our defense. We showed last year our defense can be very good without Kiko, but our Offense was horrid. Forget the player vs player aspect and think about the need vs need aspect.

We needed a good running game and spiller wasn't playing ball, so we got McCoy. Philly needed capspace and got a promising LB in the deal.

Both teams benefited and that means it was a good trade. I am not sure what world people live in that the Eagles should trade us McCoy for something that wouldn't benefit them. And anything benefiting them would surely be a loss to us. Just because we lost a player doesn't make it a bad trade. It was pretty equal in my opinion with the Eagles side being more risky.

He was not needed last year for the Bills to field a great defense, and his position would have been changed this year. You're making a big assumption. And the "if he stays healthy" is a big if -- three surgeries in the last four years?

Who cares about three years from now? This isn't hockey. In the NFL it's all about right now.

Just answer the simple question of whether the Bills' players believe they just got better or worse with the trade?

We improved eball although I'm not a player. It's funny I watched that cartoon video, and the bartender stated the NYJ did not have a top 10 defense in the last 6 years.

I know it's just a joke but had to look up and under Rexxy, there was only one year they were 11th, with every other year in the top 10 and more of those 6 years as top 5. I didn't realize his first year they were the #1 defense.

Rexxy's going to I believe make this defense even better, and Ross Tucker (NFL Radio) this morning postulated (who is often on point) that we all but have Lupatti in our sights and Roman has talked to him.

That would be awesome as we are down to TE and QB. We all know there are no great QB options, but there are at TE. We can a few guys and we can have room for one of the top 3 in free agency.

I personally think Pegula is "all in on 21 red" and going for it after not making any headway with the Sabres.

How many people believe that EJ has a better chance to start than Cassel?

hell if i know! and neither does anyone else outside of the organization do they?

Just be a guess at best.

excepting Leroi.

imo

EJ has shown the ability to protect the ball. mayube he needs to learn to force it a little more. Please don't bring up the Watt interception.....S#!) happens. We need a QB who cvan run a ball control offense and hit some play action when it is there. EJ is better than Cassel hands down. My guess is Cassel is here AS a back up. I really wish we had brought in Matt Moore but C'est la vie.