Kiko or Shady? Go on record

Kiko or Shady  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you rather have in a Bills' uniform?

A 12 mil cap hit? Way too much for a RB. This guy better light it up for the next 3 years or so. This will cost us at least two good players that we could have had, either resigned or picked up. The price is just too high.

Edited by Spiderweb

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 12 mil cap hit? Way too much for a RB. This guy better light it up for the next 3 years or so. This will cost us at two good players that we could have had, either resigned ornpicked up. The price is just too high.

What are you talking about?

I don't know how it could even be debated. It addressed an area of need, we have plenty of cap space so its a non-issue there and LeSean McCoy is one of the top RB's in the league. The defense was great without Alonso and will continue to be. Its a rough comparison, but look what Rex's Jets of 2009 and 2010 were able to do. The only negative about this is it basically is the end of Freddy which is tough, but he isn't the same player on the field he was 2-3 years ago. People seem to sweat Whaley but I think he's done a good job drafting and putting together personnel. I still think they should draft a RB if the right one is available in later rounds.

I don't know how it could even be debated. It addressed an area of need, we have plenty of cap space so its a non-issue there and LeSean McCoy is one of the top RB's in the league. The defense was great without Alonso and will continue to be. Its a rough comparison, but look what Rex's Jets of 2009 and 2010 were able to do. The only negative about this is it basically is the end of Freddy which is tough, but he isn't the same player on the field he was 2-3 years ago. People seem to sweat Whaley but I think he's done a good job drafting and putting together personnel. I still think they should draft a RB if the right one is available in later rounds.

I think it can be debated. Alonso shined in Pettine's defense, which is closer to Rex's than to Schwartz's. He could have been useful. Also, Alonso is worlds cheaper than McCoy. We're paying McCoy a lot wile running back is generally a cheap and expendable position in today's NFL. McCoy has a lot of tread on the tires as well - most carries the past two years, and he is just a couple years short of the timeline where most RBs start to lose their edge.

At the end of the day if we get elite play from McCoy, nothing else matters. But I think it's worthy of debate.

Explain how it would be the end of Fred?

Right now....Shady

CJ is gone. Fred is the perfect compliment to Shady running style.

This gives Fred less carries and it fits Rex's ground and Pound thinking.

We get some guards in FA , Get Locker and let him fight it out with EJ.

If we can find a QB this season we can go into the playoffs and do some damage with this D even without Kiko.

I hope this makes Spikes come back, more likely now with Kiko gone.

This has been an excellent off-season so far and I think it will continue.

I think it can be debated. Alonso shined in Pettine's defense, which is closer to Rex's than to Schwartz's. He could have been useful. Also, Alonso is worlds cheaper than McCoy. We're paying McCoy a lot wile running back is generally a cheap and expendable position in today's NFL. McCoy has a lot of tread on the tires as well - most carries the past two years, and he is just a couple years short of the timeline where most RBs start to lose their edge.

At the end of the day if we get elite play from McCoy, nothing else matters. But I think it's worthy of debate.

Alonso stopped shining after 5 games. And he was bad against the run.

He might be an awful at OLB but he is coming off a major injury. And as clueless as Rex is about offense, he is a genius in terms of defense.

Alonso stopped shining after 5 games. And he was bad against the run.

He might be an awful at OLB but he is coming off a major injury. And as clueless as Rex is about offense, he is a genius in terms of defense.

Oh, I don't think he was a complete player in year one, but he made a lot of game-changing plays and I don't think that can be discounted. That said, you're right, on defense it is in Rex we trust, and I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that.

sam-elliott-biglebowski.jpg

Eagles analytics > Bills analytics

You don't trade for a RB in decline.

Eagles enjoyed all of McCoy's best years already. We're getting sloppy seconds.

Now Eagles will enjoy all of Kiko's best years as well.

Horrible trade. Indefensible.

Oh, I don't think he was a complete player in year one, but he made a lot of game-changing plays and I don't think that can be discounted. That said, you're right, on defense it is in Rex we trust, and I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that.

sam-elliott-biglebowski.jpg

Haha. And I meant Kiko might be awesome at OLB but who knows.

And I don't trust a thing Rex doesn't offensive. But he makes scrubs look good on defense. I don't think he's ever had this much defensive talent as a head coach.

Eagles analytics > Bills analytics

You don't trade for a RB in decline.

Eagles enjoyed all of McCoy's best years already. We're getting sloppy seconds.

Now Eagles will enjoy all of Kiko's best years as well.

Horrible trade. Indefensible.

Translation: I have Kiko's jersey and I like his hair.

The second NaVorro Bowman tore his knee in the NFC Championship game two years ago, I thought he's playing the wrong position to come back from that injury. Backward, forward, left, right, zig, zag... We'll see with Alonso in Philly. It is painfully obvious for Philly fans who got the better end of this deal based on media reaction. Willie McGinest is very critical of Chip Kelly.

I love Kiko, but the D was awesome last year without him, good enough to go the distance.

McCoy makes this a whole different atmosphere, offensively.

We haven't had an offensive player like this since Thurman.

Why is the atmosphere so different? Still a lousy offensive line and still a passing game so bad that teams will continue to play 8 in the box. Does McCoy block? Can he play QB? In a league where RB's have never been more devalued, our big trade is to grab a 4.2 yards per carry RB? What are the odds McCoy is ecstatic and will play inspired football? Nothing makes a diva running back happier than getting shipped off to a team without a QB or an offensive line worth spit.

I'm sorry but I can't sit back and watch this without commenting....

KIKO is a one trick pony, a complete disaster against the run, undersized, and lacks the ability to shed block. Kiko had a terrific front end of his rookie campaign and a horrific back end. I challenge you to throw on the atl and tb tape. Both of which highlight, kikos limitations and over pursuit against the run. Couple this with not one but two ACL injuries in Three seasons, and you have philly trading a KNOWN commodity, one that has proven his worth as a top 3 RB over the last half decade, for an unknown commodity in Kiko, coming off a major injury.

Again, please watch the tape, he's absolutely awful against the run. In fact, the non casual bills fan will tell you Preston Brown, had the better rookie campaign this season at LB than Kiko did in 13

Edited by BIGBOY

Agreed. Kiko was an absolute gem in the 2nd round. I do not like this trade at all. Especially with a 12M cap hit.

Nailed it.

For me it's about cost-production ratio. The monetary cost + losing Kiko means a lot of resources are invested in McCoy. Conversely, Kiko produces a LOT at a low cost. Now, if he doesn't come back fully from the injury, maybe that's a little bit different.

I don't understand, if they had the money, why they wouldn't throw it at Murray and keep Kiko. This seems at the very least to be a move that could have waited till FA opened, so they could test those waters.

A 12 mil cap hit? Way too much for a RB. This guy better light it up for the next 3 years or so. This will cost us at least two good players that we could have had, either resigned or picked up. The price is just too high.

The concerns over his cap number are a mirage. He's got only 1 million in guaranteed money left on his deal, meaning he'll renegotiate before he's ever a Bill to a contract that's more cap friendly for the Bills' long term goals and gives Shady more guaranteed money. If your concern is only about the "12 million cap hit", you'll come around on this trade soon enough.

Think of it another way. We just got the best RB in football (top 3 at worst) for a LB who was on IR last season.

Straight up.

The Sporting News says the Bills got owned by Philly in this trade. Philly dumps a diva expensive player in decline and gets one of the best ILB in the game:

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4637449-lesean-mccoy-kiko-alonso-eagles-bills-nfl-trade-analysis-rex-ryan-chip-kelly-buffalo-philadelphia?modid=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Edited by kdiggz

He was until he tore his ACL... Again. Then he wasn't even part of an elite defense. The Bills offense was horrible last year and they just upgraded the offense without downgrading the defense.

But we take the cap hit with McCoy. We could have spent that money elsewhere and make multiple improvements. Dixon could fill the same role as a bruising north/south type runner.