Shady+Bryce+ Booby = Bye Freddy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is this serious? if folks are comparing mccoy and jackson, they have no idea re jackson's role.

jackson remains an excellent 3rd down and platoon back. he's obviously not someone you give the ball to 200 times.

It's not serious.

Why not? You're saying their gonna cut their second best RB who is also the heart/soul of the team and its biggest leader? Nah.

No I think everyone (Frdddie included) will see that he doesn't have it anymore. It was readily apparent last year that he had lost more than a step. I don't think they will outright cut him. I also don't see it as out of the realm of possibility that he is not on this team in 2015. He will be the oldest back n the league by far. He has played 1 full season in the last 4. At some point in time it will be over for Freddie. I would not be shocked to see it be this year.

In 2011, Fred was ProFootballFocus' #1 back overall, and #2 in receiving backs to Ray Rice. McCoy was #20, Spiller, #13, Boobie #80, Bryce Brown non-existent.

In 2012, Spiller was ProFootballFocus' #2 back. Fred was #104, Bryce #137, and Boobie #83.

In 2013, McCoy was #1, Fred was up to #18, Bryce up to #49, Boobie up to #68, and Spiller down to #137.

In 2014, Fred was #22, Bryce up to #27, CJ still down at #130, and McCoy was #146.

Who's done?

who else would you rather have out there on 3rd down? bryce brown? thats almost laughable.

Yeah ha. Give Bryce the same carries and catches. It wouldn`t even be close to old dead legs Fred. Oh he blocks so well ,maybe he can gain 75 lbs and be a guard.

The better question would be does Fred have any trade value or would another team want a 36 yr old rb.

How is that a better question?

You want to trade the leader of this team?

Glad you're not making decisions for the Bills.

Yeah ha. Give Bryce the same carries and catches. It wouldn`t even be close to old dead legs Fred. Oh he blocks so well ,maybe he can gain 75 lbs and be a guard.

"Old dead legs Fred" led the Bills in rushing last year and directly contributed to wins. Bryce lost a game for us with his fumble. Stop with the crusade please

You're dealing with box score analysts. What you're discussing is beyond their comprehension.

Freddie has been great for this team. He was not the same back last year. He looked to be running in quick sand. He may stick around this year but it would not be shocking to some of us to see him not be on the opening day roster. That is all I am saying in this thread and will now be stepping away from my (surely) dead horse.

I do appreciate your snark though :rolleyes:

No I think everyone (Frdddie included) will see that he doesn't have it anymore. It was readily apparent last year that he had lost more than a step. I don't think they will outright cut him. I also don't see it as out of the realm of possibility that he is not on this team in 2015. He will be the oldest back n the league by far. He has played 1 full season in the last 4. At some point in time it will be over for Freddie. I would not be shocked to see it be this year.

It won't be this year, don't worry.

How is that a better question?

You want to trade the leader of this team?

Glad you're not making decisions for the Bills.

"Old dead legs Fred" led the Bills in rushing last year and directly contributed to wins. Bryce lost a game for us with his fumble. Stop with the crusade please

you`ll be crying soon enough . Later.

In 2011, Fred was ProFootballFocus' #1 back overall, and #2 in receiving backs to Ray Rice. McCoy was #20, Spiller, #13, Boobie #80, Bryce Brown non-existent.

In 2012, Spiller was ProFootballFocus' #2 back. Fred was #104, Bryce #137, and Boobie #83.

In 2013, McCoy was #1, Fred was up to #18, Bryce up to #49, Boobie up to #68, and Spiller down to #137.

In 2014, Fred was #22, Bryce up to #27, CJ still down at #130, and McCoy was #146.

Who's done?

I wish there was a mic drop emoji.

Who's done?

Astro I love your draft insight and all you do for this site but please tell me you don't believe in pff.

In 2011 was great! For 10 games before getting injured. The #1 back and he only plays in 10/16 games?!

In 2014 Fred played in 14 games had a 3.7 ypc and 3 total tds but was the 22nd best rb in the league? I love Freddie but I have to take issue with that. Also Bryce was 27th best back in the league and played in parts of 7 games!

Freddie has been great for this team. He was not the same back last year. He looked to be running in quick sand. He may stick around this year but it would not be shocking to some of us to see him not be on the opening day roster. That is all I am saying in this thread and will now be stepping away from my (surely) dead horse.

I do appreciate your snark though :rolleyes:

Any time. It was directed at OP and the other guy, but there's enough to go around. People that don't understand that different RBs have different skill sets that are valuable in different situations have little to contribute, and when they combine their ignorance with arrogance they deserve to be ridiculed.

As far as running in quicksand, he was still very effective prior to his injury. As of now he's still our best blocking and best receiving RB on the roster by a wide margin. If he's cut we currently lose both of those elements.

Astro I love your draft insight and all you do for this site but please tell me you don't believe in pff.

In 2011 was great! For 10 games before getting injured. The #1 back and he only plays in 10/16 games?!

In 2014 Fred played in 14 games had a 3.7 ypc and 3 total tds but was the 22nd best rb in the league? I love Freddie but I have to take issue with that. Also Bryce was 27th best back in the league and played in parts of 7 games!

Calvin Johnson isn''t the best WR because he got hurt?

Calvin Johnson isn''t the best WR because he got hurt?

Calvin Johnson sucks.

Seriously this is where we go? I guess....

Well was Calvin Johnson the best WR in the league this year? Or would you rather have had D. Thomas or Dez Bryant or Antonio Brown or Jordy Nelson? Would you rather one of those guys for all 16 games or Calvin for 10? Freddie was fantastic that year, but only played in 10 games. Was Adrian Peterson the best back in the NFL this year?

In none of my posts have I said anything negative about Freddie other than Father Time is catching him. People in the McCoy thread are saying HE is on the downside of his career and he is 7 years younger than Freddie!

Also want to add that Bryce Brown had 126 yards rushing and somehow was rated as the #27 overall back this year. If that doesn't show you how bad PFF is I don't know what to tell you...

Seriously this is where we go? I guess....

Well was Calvin Johnson the best WR in the league this year? Or would you rather have had D. Thomas or Dez Bryant or Antonio Brown or Jordy Nelson? Would you rather one of those guys for all 16 games or Calvin for 10? Freddie was fantastic that year, but only played in 10 games. Was Adrian Peterson the best back in the NFL this year?

In none of my posts have I said anything negative about Freddie other than Father Time is catching him. People in the McCoy thread are saying HE is on the downside of his career and he is 7 years younger than Freddie!

Also want to add that Bryce Brown had 126 yards rushing and somehow was rated as the #27 overall back this year. If that doesn't show you how bad PFF is I don't know what to tell you...

You also said that Freddy wasn't the #1 back because he only played 10 games. C'mon man.

Who's done?

F-in amazing dude. Good find. Pretty convoluted to predetermine who takes what avenue.

Over the space of several years, there is some transparency to it. Banking on a season and one season alone via PFF to measure player value? No.

Wow. Didn't you guys throw enough dirt on Fred's grave in 2012 after the knee injury? The reason he's #22 in this year's PFF is that it's an OVERALL ranking. Fred's YPT (yards per touch) is higher than McCoy's. No question Fred had a down year rushing, but he won the Bears game all by himself (Conte is still feeling that stiff arm). How about the big plays, the first downs, the huge gains on screen passes? You're gonna cut this?:

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Wk-1-Cant-Miss-Play-Buffalo-Bills-running-back-Fred-Jackson-sets-up-Bills/a8c53121-c4b8-404d-a9fc-ba74d43b66b6

You guys are nuts. Bryce Brown is #4 on the depth chart. Boobie is a hybrid. Fred Jackson is entering the Kevin Faulk period of his career, so he's #2. Shady is #1, for now. But Fred beat out both Lynch and CJ, so I expect him to raise his game and give McCoy all he can handle. Fred's will is unmatched on the Bills, he will not go quietly.

You also said that Freddy wasn't the #1 back because he only played 10 games. C'mon man.

I have no idea what you are getting at here. OBJ played 12 games and put up amazing numbers - much better than Freddy's. He may have an argument for #1 wr in football this year but his numbers were still good for close to top of the league not 18th like Freddy in 2010 (and I'm not taking anything away from him - 2010 was a great year for him and a lot of fun to watch)

Would you rather Freddy's 10 games and 927 yards rushing, 4.2 ypc, 5 tds, and 4 fumbles or Arian Foster's 16 games, 1626 yards rushing, 4.9 ypc, 16tds, and 3 fumbles?

Do you really want to say that Freddy's year was better than Foster's? Or to go back to your strawman that Calvin's year was better than any of the other players I listed?

There is rarely a position in the NFL where the best player is the best player year in and year out. Megatron was in that conversation but this year he was hurt and missed some games. Was he still the #1 wr this year even though he was #31 in receptions, #16 in yards, #18 in tds, or #9 in ypg? Does that make him a bad player? Of course not but this year he wasn't the #1 wr in football and a lot of that had to do with only playing in 13 games instead of 16..

This will be Fred's last year, barring injury. The Bills won't cut a heart out of the team, and will let him retire gracefully and on his own terms.

exactly

If anybody's gone its B.Brown. I wanted to cut him after the KC game.

Who buy the way got cut because of Shady lol

No way FJ out gains McCoy next year barring injury. Fred has slowed down but will be on the roster next year. It will likely be his last. He has lost a step or two and RB is a young man's position in a young man's league. From a leadership and serviceable change up perspective, he gets another year.

The one thing FJ does bring is good blocking, but the only ones who feel he's deserved to stick with the team are the fans.

Freddie does everything well. Blocking is just something he is great at. There's no back in the league better at blitz pickup. As for your statement, I think more than the fans think he deserves to stick as evidenced by the fact that he's still on the team. In fact, he's considered - inside the locker room - to be one of the leaders.

So really the statement should be that the "only ones who feel he doesn't deserve to be back are a few fans, everybody else knows his value."

Freddie does everything well. Blocking is just something he is great at. There's no back in the league better at blitz pickup. As for your statement, I think more than the fans think he deserves to stick as evidenced by the fact that he's still on the team. In fact, he's considered - inside the locker room - to be one of the leaders.

So really the statement should be that the "only ones who feel he doesn't deserve to be back are a few fans, everybody else knows his value."

This.