Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

Here is what I saw on another site.

5.5 in 2015

7.675 in 2016

8.875 in 2017

8.95 in 2018

9.05 in 2019

Not sure about accuracy but the numbers work. Will be interesting to see what is guaranteed in 18 and 19.

Likely nothing in either. 16s already paid and 11+ paid in the next two years is likely the balance. The 5.2m dead money if cut after year 3 likely means it's a 4 year deal that may even see all 5 if he doesn't fall off a cliff

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Now I think we may have overpayed. I'm not sure he can possibly live up to it.

You're right. We're doomed. Same Old Bills.

@MikeGarafolo: Of that $16m in the first year for LeSean McCoy, $13m comes as a monster signing bonus. Total value of the deal: $40m over 5 years.

@Jason_OTC: Looks like McCoys first year salary cap number will be $5.6 million (using numbers from @MikeGarafolo ) #Bills

Calm down, armchair capologists

But now we can't sign Suh, Favre, Sam Gash, Mark Brammer, Mark Bavaro, Mark Mywords, and Lou Potty!!! :doh:

People react to these contracts like its their money being spent. McCoy getting more than he's worth? Perhaps. Beerball care? Not one little bit. McCoy happy? Certainly. Beerball happy? Certainly. Future cap hurt by McCoy signing? Not one little bit. Beerball happy? Certainly.

You're right. We're doomed. Same Old Bills.

But now we can't sign Suh, Favre, Sam Gash, Mark Brammer, Mark Bavaro, Mark Mywords, and Lou Potty!!! :doh:

actually we could...

Jay Skurski @JaySkurski 21s21 seconds ago

McCoy's reworked contract saves $4.75M in cap space for 2015. I have the Bills with $21.605M of room to take into free agency and the draft.

barring physical it's a whopper

According to Yahoo Sports' Rand Getlin, McCoy has signed a five-year, $40 million extension. That's not just inflated numbers either; the Bills will pay McCoy $16 million in the first season, with $26.5 million guaranteed according to various reports. The contract includes a $13 million signing bonus

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12443981/lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills-agree-new-five-year-deal

LeSean McCoy and the Bills have agreed to a five-year, $40 million contract that includes $26.5 million in guaranteed money, according to the star running back's agent.

The deal will pay the three-time Pro Bowler $16 million in the first year, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus.

McCoy is expected to take a physical with the Bills on Sunday, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson

That's crazy for an old RB like Gore...Eagles trading Shady for Gore? That's a big L...

Makes no sense, still paying big money for an RB...could have just restructured McCoy, a much better back

Edited by matter2003

That's crazy for an old RB like Gore...Eagles trading Shady for Gore? That's a big L...

Makes no sense, still paying big money for an RB...could have just restructured McCoy, a much better back

If it's a 3 year 15m deal they freed up 10m and got a starting lb on a rookie deal- both sides did ok I think.

That's crazy for an old RB like Gore...Eagles trading Shady for Gore? That's a big L

Considering the restructure we did with Shady and Gore has had some big injuries (ACL, Broken Hip)....what an awful move for them LOL

Considering the restructure we did with Shady and Gore has had some big injuries (ACL, Broken Hip)....what an awful move for them LOL

They didn't want to do the restructure we just did or they would've just kept him and done it.

They didn't want to do the restructure we just did or they would've just kept him and done it.

I get that...just seems like a meh move for them. I suppose Gore & Kiko for Shady is a decent trade.

I haven't given it much thought to now, but Gore keeps you going for a few years after they grab Mariotta. They can grab another RB in the draft when Mariotta develops in a few years; plus they have Kiko...

Really not a terrible trade....just meh

I get that...just seems like a meh move for them. I suppose Gore & Kiko for Shady is a decent trade.

I haven't given it much thought to now, but Gore keeps you going for a few years after they grab Mariotta. They can grab another RB in the draft when Mariotta develops in a few years; plus they have Kiko...

Really not a terrible trade....just meh

It's gore and kiko, and if the 5m numbers in the ballpark 10m in cap space so another contributor too (or upgrade)... I don't think either side will be terribly upset unless injury bugs bite and you just can't predict it

It's gore and kiko, and if the 5m numbers in the ballpark 10m in cap space so another contributor too (or upgrade)... I don't think either side will be terribly upset unless injury bugs bite and you just can't predict it

You are entirely correct...