Stevie Johnson may be released from the 49ers (now released)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd like to see him in carolina. I think with Newton playing backyard style QB he might do well with a backyard style wr to go with olsen and benjamin

First post in this thread that even mentioned hate....

saying he's overrated, saying he only gets 2.9 catches per game, all the negatives.

if this was anyone else on any other team, if this was a guy that never played for this team we'd be screaming for him to come in and play slot and replace Hogan. People want to replace him with Brian freaking Hartline.

i'd like to see him in carolina. I think with Newton playing backyard style QB he might do well with a backyard style wr to go with olsen and benjamin

saying he's overrated, saying he only gets 2.9 catches per game, all the negatives.

if this was anyone else on any other team, if this was a guy that never played for this team we'd be screaming for him to come in and play slot and replace Hogan. People want to replace him with Brian freaking Hartline.

Hmm... No one said the word overrated, other then you. If he signs for as cheap as Hogan is then yes anymore is a waste. You are holding onto a perception of Stevie that isn't around anymore. That was a long time ago in NFL days. Edited by Beef Jerky

I would love to have Stevie back as I think the combo of Stevie, Sammy, and Woods would be really good with Hogan the 4th WR and maybe draft or sign a cheap big body. But signing Stevie would need to be accompanied by getting a good tight end either through the draft or through free agency. The team could use Stevie who I think could make for a great slot WR but the team would also still need to get a big more dynamic red zone target too.

That being said I don't think Stevie would return unless the market for him isn't there and the Bills offer him a one year mid-level prove it deal. I think Stevie would rather go to a team with a really good QB and try to pile up good numbers and chase a ring.