I'll say it now: Jameis Winston = Jimmy Clausen Part II

Well...the point was that he had never lost. And this is how he reacted. His next team is the worst in the NFL and he will start off losing a lot of games, under a lot more pressure with more at stake.

So losing regular season games at the start of his career for a team in a small pro football market with low expectations will be more pressure filled and have more at stake than the National Championship? :doh:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So losing regular season games at the start of his career for a team in a small pro football market with low expectations will be more pressure filled and have more at stake than the National Championship? :doh:

Of course......oh wait. was that sarcasm--got me!

"low expectations"?? He will be the 1st pick in thee draft. He just said he should be compared to Peyton Manning?

anyone who compares clausen to Winston should be banned from scouting

This is the whole source of these guys on why I keep responding to them. If you think Winston is Clausen or even JaMarcus Russell who was extremely lazy about football then you dont know what your talking about. I have never once said that Winston will have a career like Brady, Montana, or Elway. I honestly think that Winston's floor is something like Matt Schaub. A guy who's around for 10-12 years has 3-4 really good years and is a high volume INT guy. His ceiling is probably Ben Roethlisberger. I know that is a common comparison but it makes a ton of sense. Same figure, same ability to get away from pressure. Has the ability to run but doesnt prefer it. The Roethlisberger comp as his ceiling is perfect. Jimmy Clausen being a comp is just blind hatred for someone spewing out of the mouth.

When Dude is your best retort to an argument I know you dont have much besides the ESPN drivel you have heard for the last year.

Listen to his press conf at the combine...he acts like an entitled douche without an ounce of humility. Russ Wilson he is not...he has the brain of a field mouse.

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or think I wrote Russell Wilson so I'm confused.

This is the whole source of these guys on why I keep responding to them. If you think Winston is Clausen or even JaMarcus Russell who was extremely lazy about football then you dont know what your talking about. I have never once said that Winston will have a career like Brady, Montana, or Elway. I honestly think that Winston's floor is something like Matt Schaub. A guy who's around for 10-12 years has 3-4 really good years and is a high volume INT guy. His ceiling is probably Ben Roethlisberger. I know that is a common comparison but it makes a ton of sense. Same figure, same ability to get away from pressure. Has the ability to run but doesnt prefer it. The Roethlisberger comp as his ceiling is perfect. Jimmy Clausen being a comp is just blind hatred for someone spewing out of the mouth.

When Dude is your best retort to an argument I know you dont have much besides the ESPN drivel you have heard for the last year.

If I recall correctly, you introduced the "dude" reference...I simply referred to him as "da' man" (which is the moniker he has relied on both on and off the field). Physical attributes? Sure. Mentality to lead a team (with veterans)? Try again.

4-6 games? Wait....what? I heard he's better than Andrew Luck.

Hahaha, I'm talking at a worse possible scenario.

And in the long run he may very well be better than Luck... :o

Well...the point was that he had never lost. And this is how he reacted. His next team is the worst in the NFL and he will start off losing a lot of games, under a lot more pressure with more at stake.

You're right, that is the point. He handled it all a little suspect but he was after-all just a 20 year old boy... For crying out loud there is 35-40 year old men I know who can't even handle losing a game of cards or on a video game, let alone their profession. I think he'll handle it better than he has. The interviews at the combine have suggested nothing other than he's prepared to deal with whatever consequences his actions have - be it good or bad.

https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/569257791015268352

https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/569259247525081089

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/569257566863278080

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24525604/in-195-hours-of-baseball-football-winston-is-nonstop-and-wants-more

This is some of the stuff you dont hear about Winston. I know people will say oh so he did one good thing but last year ESPN was on a smeer campaign for clicks. Im not trying to change your mind, I can see why people don't like his character all the time but he's done a lot of good things for people as well which is something you dont hear about with him.

If we had the first pick. ..I'd want this kid, without question. He is without a doubt the best QB to come out of college since Luck.

is anyone questioning this? No QB was even considered at #1 the last 2 years. Bortles at 3 last year was even a surprise. Edited by YoloinOhio

Hahaha, I'm talking at a worse possible scenario.

And in the long run he may very well be better than Luck... :o

You're right, that is the point. He handled it all a little suspect but he was after-all just a 20 year old boy... For crying out loud there is 35-40 year old men I know who can't even handle losing a game of cards or on a video game, let alone their profession. I think he'll handle it better than he has. The interviews at the combine have suggested nothing other than he's prepared to deal with whatever consequences his actions have - be it good or bad.

True. But how old will he be in September?

I'mma leave this here and say Winston is everything I wish Manuel was as a player

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000473191/Winston-and-Mooch-simulate-a-draft-interview

The fact that Jameis can describe a red zone play that Mariucci diagramed....that was in Jameis' playbook...that he was on video feed during the interview....is impressive?

You can analyze the minutia to death. Grab meaning out of the shape of chicken nuggets. I saw all I needed to see when he led his team to a national championship in the final minutes of the game against basically an NFL defense.

Is he immature. Of course. Is he an A-hole. Probably. But he sure looks like he "gets it" as a QB on gameday and I wish the Bills had a shot at him.

Edited by JPS

You can analyze the minutia to death. Grab meaning out of the shape of chicken nuggets. I saw all I needed to see when he led his team to a national championship in the final minutes of the game against basically an NFL defense.

Is he immature. Of course. Is he an A-hole. Probably. But he sure looks like he "gets it" as a QB on gameday and I wish the Bills had a shot at him.

not taking anything away from his national championship but what do you mean he beat " basically an nfl defense?" Auburn was ranked 39th in the country in D and only had one defensive player drafted off of that team after they played for the title. They gave up nearly 600 yards to Missouri in the sec championship game. James Franklin had more yards and TDs on them than Winston. Auburn's D is so bad they had to fire the DC this year.