I'll say it now: Jameis Winston = Jimmy Clausen Part II

Watched his games. Watched him throw to wide open receivers. Watched him run through monstrous holes in a weak division. He's now predicting Superbowl in first year (Yeah, I know...just confidence) and equating Lovie Smith compliments to being a Buccaneer. He'll demand a limo in no time. Welcome to the NFL Jameis Clausen.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched his games. Watched him throw to wide open receivers. Watched him run through monstrous holes in a weak division. He's now predicting Superbowl in first year (Yeah, I know...just confidence) and equating Lovie Smith compliments to being a Buccaneer. He'll demand a limo in no time. Welcome to the NFL Jameis Clausen.

yup and won a national championship and had 8 come from behind victories showing he can overcome a lot of things. Yea he makes mistakes but people need to remember he only played college ball for 2 years and had a really in experienced WR corps this year. His offensive line was underacheiving all year until Erving went to Center and he still brought them back. I'm not saying he's a lock to be a stud but to me he has the it factor that players would love in the lockeroom.

I know it's the weekend baby, but you should stop drinking now.

Jameis will throw 20 TD's and 21 INT's and we will read about how he just needs another year. He wants people to make excuses for him...just like Jimmy (who fell off the face of the earth).

Well Peyton Manning was terrible his first year with 24 INTS...guess that means Peyton Manning= Jimmy Clausen you heard it here first

I'll tell you this the, demand for franchise QBs is not being met you're lucky to get one every three years

Define "franchise QB": it's either a QB who is athletic, smart, experienced and professional who you want to be the face of your franchise....or a punk with an attitude who got away with being served everything in his life and now profits from a lean QB class due to Mike Mayock and Mel Kiper's "insider" mock drafts. I'll stick with EJ until something better comes along.

This may be the first time in history that someone has drawn a comparison between two quarterbacks who don't have the same skin color.

It's funny. My first inclination was to post "That can't be right. Jimmy Clausen isn't even black." But I was afraid people wouldn't understand I was making the same point as you and take it as racist.

Still, I think Winston's red flags are very different than Clausen's. I actually think he will do well in the NFL as long as he puts in the effort needed and stays clean off the field. While I admit that he isn't a sure thing, I'd take the chance on him.

Really astounding how polarizing Jameis is - and it really is funny how those that give this kid no respect just mimick what they hear in the media like SHEEP. Whatever, you're entitled to your opinion - but man is it going to be fun in a few years to watch you do a complete 180. I'm sure many of the same haters will be drafting him atop their fantasy drafts in a few years after they see how good he is.

Jameis is the epitome of a "franchise QB." He is BETTER than Andrew Luck was coming out of college and will be a better pro than him in my opinion. He will elevate any team that takes him instantly. I can't wait to watch him in the NFL. Hope those that have nothing but disdain for this kid remember their foolish predictions in a few years. You will soon see how far off you are on him. Best QB prospect in many, many years.

Really astounding how polarizing Jameis is - and it really is funny how those that give this kid no respect just mimick what they hear in the media like SHEEP. Whatever, you're entitled to your opinion - but man is it going to be fun in a few years to watch you do a complete 180. I'm sure many of the same haters will be drafting him atop their fantasy drafts in a few years after they see how good he is.

Jameis is the epitome of a "franchise QB." He is BETTER than Andrew Luck was coming out of college and will be a better pro than him in my opinion. He will elevate any team that takes him instantly. I can't wait to watch him in the NFL. Hope those that have nothing but disdain for this kid remember their foolish predictions in a few years. You will soon see how far off you are on him. Best QB prospect in many, many years.

I don't know how you can rip people for not giving Winston the respect he deserves and then turn around and overrate him just as much. I really like Winston as a prospect, but he's no Luck. Luck had the advantage of being at Stanford and working under David Shaw who is not only an exceptional coach, but also runs the closest thing to a pro system that exists in the NCAA. That answered some of the questions with him that are still outstanding with Winston. And then there are the numerous off the field issues that Luck didn't have. Is Winston a very, very good prospect with great upside? Yes. Is he near tear the level of Luck? No.

So I have to wait a few years?? OK...but make sure you reciprocate when he gets benched after being arrested in Vegas with 20 grams of cocaine. The kid is a head case waiting to explode. Sad really. I'll look for your apology in a few years.

I don't know how you can rip people for not giving Winston the respect he deserves and then turn around and overrate him just as much. I really like Winston as a prospect, but he's no Luck. Luck had the advantage of being at Stanford and working under David Shaw who is not only an exceptional coach, but also runs the closest thing to a pro system that exists in the NCAA. That answered some of the questions with him that are still outstanding with Winston. And then there are the numerous off the field issuesthat Luck didn't have. Is Winston a very, very good prospect with great upside? Yes. Is he near tear the level of Luck? No.

Numerous? Besides the alleged rape and free crab legs, what are you referring to? Don't bother with how he jumped on a table and made a joke that was very popular at the time.

Also, how is he not prepared to play in a pro style offense. That's precisely what he played in.