AP wants a new team; now reinstated

YoloinOhio

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were pretty close to getting in the draft years ago. If he had lost an extra game or two that year, we would've been in position. Then Patrick Willis went right before us, and we took Marshawn Lynch. Too bad we didn't keep Marshawn.

AP in Buffalo next year makes us super bowl contenders

Wow, has this polar vortex made people around here forget that the Bills don't even have a starting QB yet? You know....the most important position in all of sports. A RB does NOT make this team a Super Bowl contender, a QB that doesn't suck would be a good start though.

Not a child abuser. It happens

What happens? Whipping a young child? It doesn't happen in my house and my boy is very well behaved. There are other ways to teach right from wrong than beating a kid.

"everybody" and "nobody" aren't the same as "some". But you know that.

I don't get your crusade against me. Just because you don't like my views? Read this thread...most want him, others don't because they don't want to trade picks and tie up that much money...not really any mention of beating children. Yet people couldn't wait to run Marshawn out of town because he was a jerk...same thing with McGahee because he said buffalo women are fat Or something.

Edited by Tampa Bob

What happens? Whipping a young child? It doesn't happen in my house and my boy is very well behaved. There are other ways to teach right from wrong than beating a kid.

I don't get your crusade against me. Just because you don't like my views? Read this thread...most want him, others don't because they don't want to trade picks and tie up that much money...not really any mention of beating children. Yet people couldn't wait to run Marshawn out of town because he was a jerk...same thing with McGahee because he said buffalo women are fat Or something.

ha! I don't have a crusade against anyone. You said "everyone" hated lynch (not true) and "nobody" has an issue with signing a child abuser (not true). Those aren't "views." Those are incorrect statements.

Paying Qb money to a 30 year old rb who hasn't played in a year is definitely the smart way to build a team in today's NFL.

I love Peterson (as a player). Drafted him as a rookie in a keeper fantasy league and have had him every year since (he destroyed my team this year :( ). He's a freak. But it's silly to pay any rb big bucks, especially at his age. He will hit a wall.

Sorry, regardless of his off the field transgressions, I would not want him here. I think Dallas proved last year that an average to slightly above average RB can be great with an elite Offensive line. They cost way less to build than a few costly skill position players, and I think, hope and prey that DH knows this too. Build a dominant OLine and you can win with a great defense, and average play from skill players. AP would cost way too much, and the ROI wouldn't justify the move, IMO.

Tim-

Glad you realized he was trying to teach his kid right from wrong and that he's not a monster. He made a mistake in the way he did it and I'm pretty sure he will handle it differently next time. Bring him in if we can.

He's a great running back, but I agree with most that we don't need to tie up that kind of cap money in a RB. From all that's being said, if we keep Spiller we're set with what we currently have and an upgraded offensive line. If Spiller leaves, it sounds like we'll grab a RB in round 3 or 4 who will still have an impact, and be set with that guy plus Jackson-Brown-Boobie.