Have we talked about Buffalo being one of worst sports logos

mead107

Thanks! I never knew that. I always just assumed it was ease of use, say off the side of a passing train. LoL... I guess I can't trust Hollywood! ;-)

Well I'm sure there were some city "sports" that plinked at them off trains, no doubt. Wounding far more than they killed I imagine. But the pros, the ones that shot thousands of Buffalo in their careers where some of the finest shots this nation has produced. They would sneak up to a herd unnoticed, lay there heavy barreled rifles on a rest and shoot the leader[it was always a cow] though the lungs. As it lay there slowly bleeding out, the rest of the herd would mill about unsure what to do. The hunter would then pick them off one by one.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beau fleuve, I believe.

from mme Colleran, 7th grade (witch) french teacher.

Yes, that's what I was taught too, and that was back in the 50's, a much nearer time to the French colonists.

I know it's the off season, and everyone's bored with watching bowling but, no matter the logo, I wouldn't have changed the last 20 years. :cry:

I'm not a particularly big fan of any sports logo that every 4 year old could draw near flawlessly: Packers, Bears, Colts and Cowboys come to mind.

Funny. I've always said the exact opposite. I like simple logos. I hate logos that have way too much going on. We have the perfect balance, not boring, yet not overwhelming.

The original six hockey teams haven't change their logos in years. Modified and updated, but stayed with the concept. Look what happned with the Sabres. They tried going modern with the goat-head, people didn't care for it. They tried again with the slug, and people hated it. Now they went back to the original and it's loved. Same with the Bills uniforms.

I hated the Sabres new uniforms couldn't believe they went away from the Blue and Gold. Couldn't stand the crappy uniforms that came with Gregg Williams, also never liked the red helmets. I hope they never try changing them again.

I hated the Sabres new uniforms couldn't believe they went away from the Blue and Gold. Couldn't stand the crappy uniforms that came with Gregg Williams, also never liked the red helmets. I hope they never try changing them again.

I actually like the red helmets. Granted they wore those during the best years of their existence.