Todd Gurley, RB

Peace Frog

You're right, they should. But they also need a big target for Wilson to get the ball to. If Lynch goes they need a replacement with a similar playing style to keep that offense effective.

The Browns may be desperate for depth at other positions and have young players there but they had limited success on the ground this past season and well, this the Browns... My point with them is that they could trade back from one of those picks and collect others later in the first to take him. They've got a lot of possibilities to fill every position.

The Browns have there back field set for the foreseeable future. Isaiah Crowell & Terrance West both looked very good last season and they were both rookies.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever contributed a post of substance here?

I'm sure you will suspend me for this...it seems that is your favorite thing to do. Oh well, I had a great run of being off suspension for 1 day.

I don't think Fred is good, everybody hates me. I change my perspective and think he is great and everybody hates me. I can't seem to win with you people. Can someone please tell me what will make you happy? I know I can't say Fred is as average as his incredibly average/below average career stats suggest because y'all will hate me for that too.

I'm not as concerned about Gurley's knee as some are. This is not the knee injury that McGahee or Lattimore suffered where their entire knees were completely destroyed, this was pretty much just the run of the mill ACL tear. Typically, you are around 100% after 6 months. He will be fine. If he happens to be there at 50, we should be sprinting to the podium. As soon as Gordon is selected we should be weighing our options for trading up in the draft room. When the cost becomes our second and something like next years 3rd, do it. This guy is going to be a special back. One that makes you say, "well, I guess truly elite RBs are not a dime a dozen."

I'm sure you will suspend me for this...it seems that is your favorite thing to do. Oh well, I had a great run of being off suspension for 1 day.

I don't think Fred is good, everybody hates me. I change my perspective and think he is great and everybody hates me. I can't seem to win with you people. Can someone please tell me what will make you happy? I know I can't say Fred is as average as his incredibly average/below average career stats suggest because y'all will hate me for that too.

this thread isn't about Fred. You brought him up just to troll, IMO, because he is a fan favorite. No one who has seen your previous posts about him believes that you really think he's great. Extreme comments like he should be a #1 RB until he's 40 are obvious trolling. The thread is about Gurley but all you wrote about was Fred.

Most of us know Fred's carries will be decreasing and he's in his final years. He still adds great value in pass pro, leadership, and getting tough yards. He's not a #1 RB this year which is why we have threads about drafting RBs with the first pick. I don't know why you insist that we think otherwise.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Typically I'd say be yourself, but, in your case that might not be the best advice.

You can say mostly whatever you want.

You can't crap in threads having nothing to do with your crusade.

You can't crusade.

Your a brave soul....because hardwood is extremely hard on those ligments after that kind of injury.

I would never have allowed my son to do that.

Scared the crap out of me (and him), but he had the best medical service/advice possible. We took him out of state to Steadman Hawkins for surgery (used hamstring) and his physical therapist is now doing research at UVA and no longer actively rehabbing people. Not your run of the mill PT who works with old ladies who fell down. They "allowed" him to wear a brace, but said it was worthless as you can't brace the ACL. Their point was to give him confidence in the repair, which came with time. It's just amazing what they can do. Gurley will be just fine with a "common" ACL tear.

Given the injury and the devaluation or running backs, I think Gurley slips into the start of the 2nd but I don't think he drops as far as #50. Jacksonville at #36, the Giants at #40, the Rams at #41 and the Falcons at #42 are all majorly in play for me, as might the Vikings be at #45 depending on the AP situation.

Given the injury and the devaluation or running backs, I think Gurley slips into the start of the 2nd but I don't think he drops as far as #50. Jacksonville at #36, the Giants at #40, the Rams at #41 and the Falcons at #42 are all majorly in play for me, as might the Vikings be at #45 depending on the AP situation.

I still believe that Gurley will be gone by the end of the 1st. Melvin Gordon should be gone by the early 2nd, as well. Depending on what happens in FA, the Bills should wait on RB until later in the draft, IMHO; however, if either Gurley or Gordon were still there by some weird chance, I'd pull the trigger.

First....the thread wasnt about Fred. That is problem number 1

Second.....there are are plenty of folks that think Fred Jackson has slowed down over time......so if that is what you would have said you would not be alone

BUT

That is not what you are saying. You are saying that Fred has never been good which is flat NOT TRUE........the eye test doesnt bear that out and the stats dont bear that out. He also has done the little things over the years like being a solid blitz pickup back and a veteran leader.....some of those things dont even show up on the stat sheet. In THIS area you dont have a leg to stand on.

Interesting. It sounds like idle talk to me but who knows.

probably that's all it is. Some analysts were convinced that the Vikings would dump him due to public backlash and that Dallas would get a discount because of his interest and then drop Murray because of price

Dude. I feel for ya. People get really militant on posts that they havent even started and dont really care about. But i must say you confused me with that one post :lol:

So bottom line: stop trolling. It'll make you look like a more likeable person even if you hate Fredex (for whatever crazy reason).

Maybe Gurley is our next Thurman Thomas? Falls due to injury. Would love the pick.

My thoughts exactly. But, he wont fall that far according to Mayock, a trusted source for me. I hope he does though. I also hope that if he doesnt, Ajayi doesnt become another Lynch. He seems talented, but immature.

First....the thread wasnt about Fred. That is problem number 1

Second.....there are are plenty of folks that think Fred Jackson has slowed down over time......so if that is what you would have said you would not be alone

BUT

That is not what you are saying. You are saying that Fred has never been good which is flat NOT TRUE........the eye test doesnt bear that out and the stats dont bear that out. He also has done the little things over the years like being a solid blitz pickup back and a veteran leader.....some of those things dont even show up on the stat sheet. In THIS area you dont have a leg to stand on.

Yep. Right on. I just dont think Tampa Bob is that much of a troll (until he started crusading in unrelated posts like this one). He confused me, and his opinion might be wrong, but he deserves to be able to voice it. I personally agree with you and disagree with him, but he shouldnt have to resort to saying the opposite of what he believes for sarcastic effect to make a point. I do NOT support his trolling in later posts though...

I'm not as concerned about Gurley's knee as some are. This is not the knee injury that McGahee or Lattimore suffered where their entire knees were completely destroyed, this was pretty much just the run of the mill ACL tear. Typically, you are around 100% after 6 months. He will be fine. If he happens to be there at 50, we should be sprinting to the podium. As soon as Gordon is selected we should be weighing our options for trading up in the draft room. When the cost becomes our second and something like next years 3rd, do it. This guy is going to be a special back. One that makes you say, "well, I guess truly elite RBs are not a dime a dozen."

Very true. The flaws in the others have kinda thinned out the crowd.

Edited by Uffalo Ills