Cover Songs

Saw Gov't Mule last night with John Scofield. They did a bunch of covers.

Instrumental Illness (Allman Brothers)

Doing it to Death (The J.B's)

Breakdown (Tom Petty) That one was for you Tom

The Shape I'm In (The Band)

Low Spark of High Heeled Boys (Traffic)

Dreams (Allman Brothers)

Get Behind the Mule (Tom Waits)

Great show.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. I'm a big Ritchie Blackmore fan actually...though he did go a bit squirrely when he went into the Medieval folk stuff...though I enjoyed some of that too.

But I prefer the Tull interpretation if you are in the mood for a bit of the old Ludwig Van.

Not even sure this qualifies, per se, as a "cover"...but kind of.

Anyway, someone here hasn't heard this yet and that's a crime.

Great "cover" of sorts of Bach BWV 565. You'll recognize it if you don't know it. Love this video.

Great stuff - both videos. :beer:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

One of my favorite songs, covered brilliantly.

I had to sing that song at a friend's house recently when we were playing Rock Band, the video game. I'm a bad singer and they picked Bohemian Rhapsody for me to try. I made it through to the end, but man I mangled that song. Holy crap, what a hard song to sing. And long too. "Very very frightening" indeed.

Edited by Cugalabanza

I had to sing that song at a friend's house recently when we were playing Rock Band, the video game. I'm a bad singer and they picked Bohemian Rhapsody for me to try. I made it through to the end, but man I mangled that song. Holy crap, what a hard song to sing. And long too. "Very very frightening" indeed.

:lol:

Miley C. - Jolene

Nice call. I saw this circulating around FB last month. She really has a great voice and I hope she surrounds herself with better advisers, etc., so we can enjoy more stuff like this in the future.