Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the hate Bills fans have for this move if it happens? Take your pick in free agency, nothing great. McCown and Locker fit the scheme the best.

I don't hate them trying to address the position but how does McCown fit the system the best? Doesn't Roman prefer a mobile QB?

I just can't see McCown @ 35 being offered anything but a backup role

I imagine he will be offered the same role as Orton was offered, a veteran backup who could start

Edited by Max997

I don't get the hate Bills fans have for this move if it happens? Take your pick in free agency, nothing great. McCown and Locker fit the scheme the best.

I don't think McCown is any better than EJ and McCown has no upside. He is what he is. At least with Locker he's young, reports are that he has shown some above average play at times (yes he has injury issues) and has some potential to get much better. McCown will play one or two years and then the Bills are right back where they are now at QB. No viable candidates on the roster only those that "may" have some potential.

I expect the Bills to sign McCown, a mediocre QB who fits Roman's system. Then I expect them to draft a QB (maybe Hundley) in rd. 3 or 4.

While I've been intrigued by Locker, it is a lot to expect of Roman and David Lee to work with three projects at the same time. It makes sense to have one known quantity on the roster and pour most of your teaching time and energy into the two young bucks with the hopes that one of them will really pop in training camp.

I don't think McCown is any better than EJ and McCown has no upside. He is what he is. At least with Locker he's young, reports are that he has shown some above average play at times (yes he has injury issues) and has some potential to get much better. McCown will play one or two years and then the Bills are right back where they are now at QB. No viable candidates on the roster only those that "may" have some potential.

So if EJ is better great. I still don't know what the issue is?

Yes, but next years potential FA QB class looks to be very strong. Maybe that's the plan. Get through this year, if EJ steps up that great, if not, sign a guy next year.

Kyle Orton 2.0, typical Bills move :thumbdown:

Go ahead, gve your plan.

I would prefer Locker or even Ponder to McCown because they at least have a chance to get better.

Why would you want them to get better, you think they are franchise material? It doesnt matter who we talk about, there is no upside.

Edited by TheTruthHurts