Brandon Marshall anybody?

chris heff

I'd take him in a heartbeat...would make an excellent boundary target and red zone thread opposite Sammy, and allow Woods to move to the slot.

Hogan moves to #4, where he'd be one of the better #4 options in the NFL IMO.

If I remember, he had some pretty decent chemistry with Matt Moore whilst in Miami...hmmm...

The long awaited replacement for Mike Williams!

I guess I am in the minority...but I would take Cutler (or Marshall for that matter) in a heartbeat. He may not be elite, but he is worlds better than any QB the Bills have had since Bledsoe, year one.

I think Marshall is (still) a stud too... the notion that they would be traded as a package is silly. Unless the Bears have a great back-up plan (can't imagine what that would be) at QB, they would be silly to dump Cutler. You would think Chicago, as much as any NFL franchise, would know how hard it is to find a decent starting QB.

Instead of pushing Cutler out, they should focus on improving their O-line (Cutler had no protection this past season) and improving their defense a lot.

I guess I am in the minority...but I would take Cutler (or Marshall for that matter) in a heartbeat. He may not be elite, but he is worlds better than any QB the Bills have had since Bledsoe, year one.

I think Marshall is (still) a stud too... the notion that they would be traded as a package is silly. Unless the Bears have a great back-up plan (can't imagine what that would be) at QB, they would be silly to dump Cutler. You would think Chicago, as much as any NFL franchise, would know how hard it is to find a decent starting QB.

Instead of pushing Cutler out, they should focus on improving their O-line (Cutler had no protection this past season) and improving their defense a lot.

I respect your opinion on things, but I really don't get what people like about Cutler. He has a good arm. But his negatives outweigh his positives. He is a terrible leader and turnovers the ball over a ton. He has been to the playoffs once and has barely over a .500 career record.

I don't get the love for him.

Cutler has been a dumpster fire for years. I don't know why people on this board are so fascinated with him.

Think about it, dumpster fires look pretty Cool, from a distance, Enter Cutler. At the end of the day though, it is still just someone else's garage.

unfortunately i beg the bills to avoid marshall like the plague. he has an uncontrollable ego centric behavior and personality disorder that causes all those around him to walk on egg shells because of his unpredictable rage and outbursts. it is difficult to understand until you know someone with that. extremely high maintenance. just say no.

unfortunately i beg the bills to avoid marshall like the plague. he has an uncontrollable ego centric behavior and personality disorder that causes all those around him to walk on egg shells because of his unpredictable rage and outbursts. it is difficult to understand until you know someone with that. extremely high maintenance. just say no.

So do you know Marshall?

The Bills need a third WR and they need a big WR that can catch TDs. I don't think he would be particularly expensive. I live in South Florida, so I am aware of the highly publicized incident. I don't want him to date my niece, I want the guy to play football.

Edited by chris heff

I know exactly what you mean. The guy has admitted BPD. A relationship with him could be extremely toxic. Would consider only if he is in therapy regularly and even then have a very short leash.

So do you know Marshall?

The Bills need a third WR and they need a big WR that can catch TDs. I don't think he would be particularly expensive. I live in South Florida, so I am aware of the highly publicized incident. I don't want him to date my niece, I want the guy to play football.

No but I live in the Chicago area and have heard numerous accounts of this behavior over the years, peaking last season when the team crumbled. There is not one radio, TV or print reporter who covers the Bears extensively that would want him back next season- despite his outstanding receiving capability.

His positive effects would be overshadowed by the negative impacts on critical team relationships and chemistry. Adversity that can destroy a team from the inside out.

I know exactly what you mean. The guy has admitted BPD. A relationship with him could be extremely toxic. Would consider only if he is in therapy regularly and even then have a very short leash.

Toxic is the right word but unfortunately therapy is not effective enough.

Edited by jethro_tull

No but I live in the Chicago area and have heard numerous accounts of this behavior over the years, peaking last season when the team crumbled. There is not one radio, TV or print reporter who covers the Bears extensively that would want him back next season- despite his outstanding receiving capability.

Toxic is the right word but unfortunately therapy is not effective enough.

That's also because of his contract.

What would it take to get both of them? With their contract situations, only a couple teams could afford both. If we could land both for a 2nd And a 3rd, I think they should do it. Cutler has issues but he is good. When he has weapons, he makes plays. I don't love Cutler or Marshall, but I think with our surrounding cast, we make the playoffs. And if a couple things work out, they could go far.

Edited by Franchiseneedsme