Why would a team dump a QB without a replacement in place?

As far as Kaepernick goes, if SF was willing to let Harbaugh walk then it wouldn't be that far-fetched for them to listen to offers for Kaepernick. He's also got a weird contract and felt like Harbaugh was the only one in the organization who had his back when he was accused/implicated of sexual misconduct.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say that RG III has been benched the last 2 years is not accurate.....he also has had injuries mixed in there.

Look all these guys have warts.......you gotta look for one of them with enough talent to take a chance and pull the trigger.

It is completely unrelated....but the fact that the bills are willing to take chances on the cog also leads me to believe they will take chances on the QB side as well

What's inaccurate about it? And what part of his five touchdowns (throwing and running) in nine games last season intrigues you?

Bills

He has warts

His skill set intrigues me......he has an arm and can move around pretty well. He also showed in his first year in the NFL that he has talent

The options are limited

Its not accurate to say that a player was benched due to poor play when they also have had injuries.......there are several factors involved in why he was not playing.

He was on a disfunctional team and no doubt would need to be biult back up, but the good news is it looks like Roman's offensive system is so run the ball dominate we could actually bring a player along like that.

Edited by John from Hemet

Bills

He has warts

His skill set intrigues me......he has an arm and can move around pretty well. He also showed in his first year in the NFL that he has talent

The options are limited

Its not accurate to say that a player was benched due to poor play when they also have had injuries.......there are several factors involved in why he was not playing.

He was on a disfunctional team and no doubt would need to be biult back up, but the good news is it looks like Roman's offensive system is so run the ball dominate we could actually bring a player along like that.

You seem to have a fascination with BAD QBs, and bad QB play... Why is that?

not to defend John, and not to be too picky about words, but there's a BIG difference between these 2. Maybe you meant both, I dont know.

I would never want a bad QB. If you suck, I cant help you. (like the quote upthread from Chan Gailey about why he cut Trent Edwards only 2 games into the season. [not benched. Cut]: "I've seen enough.")

I would be happy if the Bills could find a good QB who has recently played badly. That can be fixed. And that is probably all we can hope for at this point.

Edited by maddenboy

IDK...

Whaley went ALL IN with E.J. by trading away the 2015 1st round pick, and now they have nobody at all to throw the ball. This was a huge mistake

and rookie G.M. move IMO, and I would have let Whaley go for that alone.

IDK...

Whaley went ALL IN with E.J. by trading away the 2015 1st round pick, and now they have nobody at all to throw the ball. This was a huge mistake

Who is the 1st round QB that you want at pick 19 of this draft? Edited by Kirby Jackson

Who is the 1st round QB that you want at pick 19 of this draft?

. . . or, is it that you wish we hadnt drafted a QB at all, finished 1-15 last year, so we could take Mariota or Winston?

A GM would have to tank more than just a QB to accomplish this feat.

----------------------------------------------------

On further reflection, this is getting boring. And will continue for months, or even years.

On this board, every QB post is as boring as a poker Bad-beat story. Different words, but always the same story.

Every Poker bad beat story, since the dawn of time: "He played bad, I played good, he got lucky, and in the long run i'll take all his money."

TBD QB threads: "We need a QB. Player X or Player Y or Coach or GM or Ralph sucks. Somebody fix it MY WAY"

Edited by maddenboy

. . . or, is it that you wish we hadnt drafted a QB at all, finished 1-15 last year, so we could take Mariota or Winston?

A GM would have to tank more than just a QB to accomplish this feat.

It's so weak when people go there. There isn't a guy at 19 that you would have drafted as your QB so you didn't miss out on him by trading up. To this day not one person has answered the "which QB would you have drafted at 19" question. They will end up looking completely uninformed when they throw out any name in this case.

IDK...

Ja'Wuan James, Justin Pugh, Shea McClellin, Sean Weatherspoon and Prince Akmukarma. What do they all have in common?

There have been persistent rumors on this board that Sam Bradford, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, RGIII and Colin Kaepernick (am I missing anyone?) may be available this offseason for various reasons. I don't see it. Why would any team give up a viable veteran (although not perfect) QB without an obvious replacement in the wings? I can kind of see Bradford because of the cap hit but even there why would St. Louis do that without an obvious candidate to take his place? This is a serious question.

youre missing the peyton manning rumors about the team cutting him if he performs poorly in conditioning/testing...

Edited by Uffalo Ills

No franchise QB gets traded its a situation that is very rare. The type of QB's that get traded are either backups (Which have mixed success rates) or reclamation projects. Foles would be interesting if the Eagles were looking to get picks for a trade up. But overall I don't think the Bills will go trade market.

Somewhere, at some NFL team fan board, fans are discussing EJ Manuel as a QB option for their team.

Doubt it. We're not talking about geno smith as a possibility. What all the aforementioned qbs have in common is that they've proven that they are worthy of being starting NFL qbs at one time or another in their careers.

IDK...

There are so many things fundamentally wrong with your line of reasoning I don't even know where to begin.

I will say the same thing to you that I say to everyone who questions my train of thought

If you dont like my solution....what is YOUR solution

Because it is soooo hard to find my solution is to find a QB

- At some point and time was playing good football

- Is not too old

- Could actually be available

What is YOUR solution to our QB problem.....Ill wait

IDK...

what QB would have been available to us at the 19th pick that could turn our fortunes around.......

Whaley saw the opportunity (he believes) to get a game changing player in Sammy Watkins.......it was a gutsy move....he is not yet wrong for having done it becuase their is NO QB available at that 19th pick to change our fortunes.