TSW Insiders

this new one came begging for that attention. The beating started before he even posted that he had a source, didn't it? He started out with the vague "what would you say of I told you the bills were signing incognito" that we've seen 50 times in the last year.

If we got a "hey I don't post often and this is my first lead on some inside info thanks to some of the changes with the team.... I hear the bills are in the process of vetting RI and if things check out he will be signed in the coming week" would've played differently

This...

I was the first to reply to the bully post and it was a response to the phrasing, not the poster. It was also a new thread on RI that came on the heels of numerous "we should sign" Ingocnito threads. I like the inside info and welcome it more than anyone, but it's the way it's presented that will dictate the board's response. Once someone proves them self an insider they are, however, god around these parts. Never give up hasn't posted in years, yet we still pray for him to emerge each March.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of us are already at that point, and that it's the select few that criticize that seem to get noticed.

The latest poster was a bit vague, but as I said in that thread: if I have no reason to doubt the info then it goes into "we shall see" territory; just like every other first-time info post.

I guess the question is where do we draw the line between responsibility of the poster to understand this is a message board where people will be blunt with their opinions as there are very low consequences versus the responder who at times will say offensive responses that can get them banned? I didn't read the original post, but based on reactions it seemed the poster made it personal with the lead of "guess what I know..." if I started a thread like that I would be much more sensitive to criticism than a "take it for what it's worth, but I have a source that says...."

That and people are jerks B-)

Hard to believe someone really had inside info if they said "Next time I won't share it"

Inside info if you really have is something you want to get out ASAP so you can be the first. That is the competition of inside info to get it out first. That is why you never believe someone who says they will stop...

This from the guy who lead the charge in berating the OP.

I guess the question is where do we draw the line between responsibility of the poster to understand this is a message board where people will be blunt with their opinions as there are very low consequences versus the responder who at times will say offensive responses that can get them banned? I didn't read the original post, but based on reactions it seemed the poster made it personal with the lead of "guess what I know..." if I started a thread like that I would be much more sensitive to criticism than a "take it for what it's worth, but I have a source that says...."

That and people are jerks B-)

This is the original post in full:

What would you say if I told you rex was gonna bring in the ultimate bully... Incognito?

Then later:

Let's say a little birdie told me we will take a look at Incognito

Then even later

If I wasn't confident in my source I would never have posted

That's three posts to get to the idea he has a real source and even that's vague

Edited by NoSaint

How about you all just don't be Internet !@#$s to people, legit or not. I know that's impossible for here, but still.

"How was I suppose to know he was real, I thought he was a troll like the rest......so I had to be an ass to him."

Gross

+100

Respectfully stated, well thought out counter arguments are always welcome. Just bashing someone or their opinion always comes across poorly.

It was also in the heels of several RI fanboy threads, so this one just had the feel of being another. Hey, we admitted being wrong and gave the poster his due belatedly.

My sources told me it was legit so I left the thread open.

Couldn't agree more. I'm sure there are weaving forums out there with more negativity.

knit one pearl two mother!@#$er!

This is the original post in full:

Then later:

Then even later

That's three posts to get to the idea he has a real source and even that's vague

Thank you NoSaint, for pulling that up. That is vague, and the post seems to be about him/her as much as the information they are telling us. I don't know if that justifies the degree that this person has been blasted, supposedly, but they don't seem to fall in to the Lori camp of posters who are trying to provide credible information to us.

Thank you NoSaint, for pulling that up. That is vague, and the post seems to be about him/her as much as the information they are telling us. I don't know if that justifies the degree that this person has been blasted, supposedly, but they don't seem to fall in to the Lori camp of posters who are trying to provide credible information to us.

The second I saw it, I took it that this guy has inside knowledge. Not his fault you couldn't get the hint....

People were rude to him, and now that he was right, it's still his fault they were rude to him. Some people just don't get it.

The second I saw it, I took it that this guy has inside knowledge. Not his fault you couldn't get the hint....

People were rude to him, and now that he was right, it's still his fault they were rude to him. Some people just don't get it.

The point I am trying to make isn't whether or not people should be rude to him. Obviously, they shouldn't. What I am trying to figure out is, how and in what ways is the original poster responsible for the situation. You could be completely correct in that irregardless of the post no one should bully/be made to feel like they were bullied.

My point is, upon reading the post, that the poster messaged the board in a way that if he/she received criticism, they would take it more personally than other posters due to the person's emphasis on themselves having knowledge about RI.

Hard to believe someone really had inside info if they said "Next time I won't share it"

Inside info if you really have is something you want to get out ASAP so you can be the first. That is the competition of inside info to get it out first. That is why you never believe someone who says they will stop...

Could you please explain to me how I couldn't get the hint as I never participated in that thread? Is that a personal attack? Honestly, I don't think it is, but where do we draw the line? At what point s reprimanded the bullies a form of bullying?

That Incognito poster made an ass out of a bunch of big mouth tough guy regulars here. He was spot on correct. If he never comes here again I dont blame him at all. This place has too many children.

I was never embarrassed being a Bills fan. I'm embarrassed to be associated with this site though...at times. Yolo...cb26BLITZ and a few others keep me coming back. I appreciate what you guys do. Many thanks for your useful insight.

The children...well, it takes time I dont have to filter thru that stuff.

The point I am trying to make isn't whether or not people should be rude to him. Obviously, they shouldn't. What I am trying to figure out is, how and in what ways is the original poster responsible for the situation. You could be completely correct in that irregardless of the post no one should bully/be made to feel like they were bullied.

My point is, upon reading the post, that the poster messaged the board in a way that if he/she received criticism, they would take it more personally than other posters due to the person's emphasis on themselves having knowledge about RI.

So what you're saying is irrespective of the of the accuracy of the information, posters should treat him with respect, regardless; thus irregardless. Sorry, grammar police pet peeve. Cheers. :beer:

Could you please explain to me how I couldn't get the hint as I never participated in that thread? Is that a personal attack? Honestly, I don't think it is, but where do we draw the line? At what point s reprimanded the bullies a form of bullying?

Not you, specifically. I meant to quote the person you were quoting too.

I don't see anyone being reprimanded here either B-)

But yes, when someone says "let's just say a little birdie told me" and "what would you say if I told you" that translates to "I know something" or "I have a source."

I'm not reprimanding anyone. I just felt bad for the way he was treated, and then I came here to see that people were blaming him for being mocked.

Edited by CFLstyle