Marrone: Didn't expect to get another HC position right away

YoloinOhio

I totally understand that you cannot be truthful with the media a lot of times and a lot of ways. I totally understand diplomacy, and taking the high road, and all that kind of stuff, especially when being introduced to a new team.

But saying I didn't expect to get another HC position is downright embarrassing, laughable, pathetic and sociopathic - made worse by Gus Bradley saying I didn't ask him about Buffalo. :D Incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikssfUhAlgg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Four million richer and not a lot of pressure in his new job. Not to bad. Maybe he just didn't have his heart in it. He wasn't going to get the four million if he stayed. Sometimes it's all about the money honey. All the players do it.

Did Jimmy Sexton put in a "coach for free in the 3rd year" clause? That's so unlike him.

Marrone: "I didnt expect to get another HC position right away. I was hoping. But not expecting"

CBF

That's code for, "damn, there's some really talented guys interviewing for these jobs. I might be screwed."

Four million richer and not a lot of pressure in his new job. Not to bad. Maybe he just didn't have his heart in it. He wasn't going to get the four million if he stayed. Sometimes it's all about the money honey. All the players do it.

Any football coach worth his salt is not running from pressure.

What Marrone could have said was "I tried to leverage a 9-7 season with the Bills into an extension for myself and some of the coaching staff along with increased say over personnel but the new ownership refused. So from my perspective I was left with no choice other than to opt out of my contract with the Bills and pocket $4M while pursuing other head coaching openings. I thought the Jets job was going to be mine but a lot of negative reports came out in the press and owner Woody Johnson got cold feet and rejected the advice of his advisors and went in another direction. Things starting to go south at that point with the other openings. I cancelled an interview with Denver because I knew they were going another direction and I didn't want to waste my time. I could have got a 'consulting' gig down in Houston but I took the offensive line position here in Jacksonville because by my estimation Gus has a good chance of being fired during the course of next season because the Jaguars should be bad again and that might leave me an opportunity to promote to the head coaching job here".

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

What Marrone could have said was "I tried to leverage a 9-7 season with the Bills into an extension for myself and some of the coaching staff along with increased say over personnel but the new ownership refused. So from my perspective I was left with no choice other than to opt out of my contract with the Bills and pocket $4M while pursuing other head coaching openings. I thought the Jets job was going to be mine but a lot of negative reports came out in the press and owner Woody Johnson got cold feet and rejected the advice of his advisors and went in another direction. Things starting to go south at that point with the other openings. I cancelled an interview with Denver because I knew they were going another direction and I didn't want to waste my time. I could have got a 'consulting' gig down in Houston but I took the offensive line position here in Jacksonville because by my estimation Gus has a good chance of being fired during the course of next season because the Jaguars should be bad again and that might leave me an opportunity to promote to the head coaching job here".

That was last week's diary entry...obviously.

Edited by eball

Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran · 13m 13 minutes ago

Marrone on being a head coach again: "My focus is on right here."

Michael DiRocco @ESPNdirocco 7m7 minutes ago

Marrone says the Jags lineman all finish plays. Encouraging. Also said it's rare to have everyone do that.

Vito Stellino @vitostellino 8m8 minutes ago

says young linemen all move well and finish...being able to finish is important to marrone.

:w00t:

B9GSU5QIcAAzJgF.jpg

He looks like he put on weight?

B9G8hWnIYAIn5Q6.jpg

Really can ANYONE BE THAT STUPID... opting out is not quitting you f-ing looser??? Do us all and favor and dont talk EVER.

man I really wish that Jags game was at the Ralph..... F-ing jagoff (see what I did there)

Edited by gordon_g