Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that I remember about RGIII is in his rookie season people were saying he was doing better than Luck and how lucky Washington was in drafting him. I didn't see much of his play but the highlights I did see were impressive. Now I know he got hurt and his play fell off but what the heck happened to him? Did his play fall off that much and why?

Intelligence and maturity at the college level means zero in the NFL, and a lot of it has to do with interviews and nothing to do with football intelligence. I am in no way diminishing what your relative said or saw, at all, only that it's impossible (and I'm sure he would say this too) to gauge a players ability to process NFL defenses intelligently or quickly enough, after playing at Baylor in that offense. That also says nothing about a player's head and his want to put in the time to study as a pro, which RG3 clearly did not do.

I don't think he is a total lost cause. And I do think the upside is the highest.

But he is shot right now. I remember watching the last game last year and he threw this DART across the middle that was a fabulous pass. And I was, like, "Holy Hell, what a throw!" And when they showed the replay, he had all the time and room in the world, and he threw it off his back foot anyway. All arm. In some ways that's even more impressive. But it's the sign of a guy who has ZERO fundamentals and is not playing the game right in any way. And later he threw TERRIBLE passes off his back foot repeatedly.

I would love to know where his pro scout evaluation stands with him now - in regards to the mechanics you mention. He seemed to have that Whaley-Sammy type love for him when he came out of school so wondering where he is with him. He scouted him for 2 years so I don't think he based anything off of the pre-draft interviews. But my impression is from 10,000 feet with this whole soap opera in DC, if it is true, is that things changed a lot from how he was at Baylor and how he was with the Skins (regarding the comments on work ethic, preparation, maturity, film study). I wonder if any of those issues portrayed by the media were based on any variables he might not have with another team, if they weren't there before he got there. Just thinking out loud. FWIW I also have friends who think he is done. I'm not banging the table for him but I think he has talent.

Perhaps. But the rest of the world had already considered this little talked about topic. Pretty much every news and online outlet was postualting as to what would be next for RG3.

If you were to list the top 5 most talked about options at QB RGIII probably would crack that list (Cutler, EJ, Bradford, Samchez, draft).

If you were to list the top 5 most talked about options at QB RGIII probably would crack that list (Cutler, EJ, Bradford, Samchez, draft).

I agree with you Kirby. Jus think that this guy who tweeted is over-hyping what he was told, which, it now seems, isn't much---or isn't much that hasn't been widely discussed.

I would love to know where his pro scout evaluation stands with him now - in regards to the mechanics you mention. He seemed to have that Whaley-Sammy type love for him when he came out of school so wondering where he is with him. He scouted him for 2 years so I don't think he based anything off of the pre-draft interviews. But my impression is from 10,000 feet with this whole soap opera in DC, if it is true, is that things changed a lot from how he was at Baylor and how he was with the Skins (regarding the comments on work ethic, preparation, maturity, film study). I wonder if any of those issues portrayed by the media were based on any variables he might not have with another team, if they weren't there before he got there. Just thinking out loud. FWIW I also have friends who think he is done. I'm not banging the table for him but I think he has talent.

I was thinking along these lines as well. Also, NFL media types are mostly insiders and ex-player types. At Baylor he was a god and who in the media was going to question him. In the NFL, all it takes is something like the infamous comment, about how everyone needs to play better including me and the old school media bites you. They ripped him for not putting it all on himself, "that's what a leader does ,that's what an NFL QB does" blah blah blah. I'm wondering if he just wasn't inexperienced, naively so, and ill prepared for what would happen at the next level. If we you are taking a risk and all these guys are risks, the player better have UPSIDE- he does IMO.

Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

If it is Griffin I will be less then thrilled and disappointed with the direction we went this offseason.

I'd rather work with manuel who will take less.

agreed. RGIII doesn't even know what type of QB he is. RGII is on his shoulder shoving him into some type of action.

Anyone in the DC area who listens to local AM sports radio can tell you similar. IIRC The Skins had to stop allowing RGII from attending daily practices.

havent we more or less traced him to a friend of someone in russ brandons family?

and yea, its so vague its worthless. odds are even this "not discussed option" has been discussed on here, just not heavily on ESPN and CNNSI.

he was littmans kids friend iirc. and after the changeover i wondered if he'd have anymore info without the team. looks like he's still getting good stuff. he has been on with a lot of his leaks. id tend to think he's getting good info again.

also for the people thinking he is just tryna get clicks to its not his style.

Noone has been mentioned the EJ Manuel to GB for Aaron Rogers and a first round pick... could that be it?

Somehow I doubt GB would throw in a 1st. But weirder things have happened like us drafting EJ in 1st and give away 2 drafts to get a WR in a WR rich draft.

he was littmans kids friend iirc. and after the changeover i wondered if he'd have anymore info without the team. looks like he's still getting good stuff. he has been on with a lot of his leaks. id tend to think he's getting good info again.

also for the people thinking he is just tryna get clicks to its not his style.

You and Kirby are right- I didn't think RB sounded right but couldn't come up with a name that rang a stronger bell off the top of my head. It was definitely JLs son.

Sounds like he may still get passing access. Or is overselling stuff and keeping it vague on purpose

You and Kirby are right- I didn't think RB sounded right but couldn't come up with a name that rang a stronger bell off the top of my head. It was definitely JLs son.

Sounds like he may still get passing access. Or is overselling stuff and keeping it vague on purpose

I bet that he has some relationships in the building. He doesn't seem like the type to make stuff up. In part because he can't wait to take credit for it when it turns out to be true.