All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

It is a silly post, but I think you're both missing the point. When Rex stated that he wanted to "build a bully," he's stating that defensive lines are going to be a little more cautious in attacking our QB (whomever that may be), if they know that they may get hurt in the process. That's my take, anyway. I think the RI signing supports this line of reasoning.

Thank you for seeing the point in my intentionally tongue in cheek comment. You got the message I was sending. Thank you.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its interesting that people assume that this guy has not learned from his mistakes and is likely to repeat old mistakes. He certainly has a history of being a hot head ashole, but people change and mature, well most people. Do you same people think this guy is unaware that this might be his last chance before he moves on to his next career as a strip club bouncer? lets see if rex can help him and lets be happy the FO is being aggressive and bold. its fun and entertaining and isn't that what its about?

Right. You do realize his career earnings greatly exceed $10 million to date, right?

The average US wage earner makes $44,000 a year.

So Incognito has now earned more than what the average American earns in a mere 227 years.

I'm sure his next stop is McDonald's, or a strip club bouncer as you suggest.

Meatheads like this getting rich off of being a meathead due to nothing more than lucky genetics make me sick.

This guy is an AHOLE.

Thank you for seeing the point in my intentionally tongue in cheek comment. You got the message I was sending. Thank you.

So you are suggesting that EJ's main problem is that he is taken advantage of and beaten up by opposing teams' defensive lines? And that no one on the Bills O-line comes to his aid?

If you think this is what is holding EJ back, you need to watch more football.

Edited by Stopthepain

I think its interesting that people assume that this guy has not learned from his mistakes and is likely to repeat old mistakes. He certainly has a history of being a hot head ashole, but people change and mature, well most people. Do you same people think this guy is unaware that this might be his last chance before he moves on to his next career as a strip club bouncer? lets see if rex can help him and lets be happy the FO is being aggressive and bold. its fun and entertaining and isn't that what its about?

His history of being a hothead !@#$ has defined him at just about every step of the way. What's the definition of insanity, again?

People here are acting like this dude has even one Pro Bowl under his belt. He doesn't. People are getting way too excited about a serviceable guard a year removed from the league. I trust that this isn't plan A even though it will get the most press. If it is plan A, I feel no more excited about it than I would Kujo competing for the job.

I can see why he has a fan base with the Flat Earth Society, but let's see him play a down as a Bill before parading around shirtless in the club celebrating this one.

I applaud the Bills for this signing, but let's not stop here when it comes to the line we still need 1 maybe 2 more additions to this line.

Let's cut bait with Urbik, C Williams & Pears and go hard after Boiling & RT Parnell from Dallas those 2 guys would be great additions to this team at a good reasonable price. I think Parnell won't get more then 3yr 10mil and Boiling probably 4 yrs 16-20 mil. If we can't get Boiling I would love to sign Jahri Evans once he gets cut from the Saints. Evans is the kind of road grader Roman & Kromar love.

New starting line

Cordy, Boiling/Evans, Wood, Incognito, Parnell. . That's Bully!

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

His history of being a hothead !@#$ has defined him at just about every step of the way. What's the definition of insanity, again?

People here are acting like this dude has even one Pro Bowl under his belt. He doesn't. People are getting way too excited about a serviceable guard a year removed from the league. I trust that this isn't plan A even though it will get the most press. If it is plan A, I feel no more excited about it than I would Kujo competing for the job.

I can see why he has a fan base with the Flat Earth Society, but let's see him play a down as a Bill before parading around shirtless in the club celebrating this one.

I understand but do you remember what Kelly said about buffalo and did to buffalo before becoming an angel is most fans eyes? lets just see what happens, respect the opposite viewpoint just don't fully understand.

Right. You do realize his career earnings greatly exceed $10 million to date, right?

So Incognito has now earned what the average American earns in a mere 227 years.

Meatheads like this getting rich off of being a meathead due to nothing more than lucky genetics make me sick.

This guy is an AHOLE.

So you are suggesting that EJ's main problem is that he is taken advantage of and beaten up by opposing teams' defensive lines? And that no one on the Bills O-line comes to his aid?

im sure when you were in your twenties you were a model citizen, not getting paid millions. yup his personality is arrogant ahole, just pointing out that he is human and can turn it around. redemption stories are awesome, lets hope for the best but expect the worse. jim Kelly is a PRIME example. he flat out said in his own way "f@#& buffalo" and now look at him. im also almost certain I have friends who legit might be his sons

went to pro bowl in 2013

went to pro bowl in 2013

I stand corrected, though he was an alternate who got in after Marshall Yanda pulled out.

I understand but do you remember what Kelly said about buffalo and did to buffalo before becoming an angel is most fans eyes? lets just see what happens, respect the opposite viewpoint just don't fully understand.

And Kelly was a notorious partier and douche. But he did not find himself consistently in the kind of trouble that R.I. has. If you want to argue that this is a product of our hyper-driven media age, I guess you'd be half-right, but this stuff has been going on since he was less under the microscope in Nebraska.

Again, hoping it works out, but I'm not obligated to think it's a great idea just because the Bills have been trotting out near-corpse-level play at OG.

15 years........... i don't care if we sign ray caruth,oj simpson and aaron hernandez! just win already. if you guys want a team full of good guys you're delusional. most of the dudes on the team now probably have a bit of !@#$ to them and you just fan boy them to hard to care. 15 years no playoffs and i just don't care what kinda team guys we have. just win

15 years........... i don't care if we sign ray caruth,oj simpson and aaron hernandez! just win already. if you guys want a team full of good guys you're delusional. most of the dudes on the team now probably have a bit of !@#$ to them and you just fan boy them to hard to care. 15 years no playoffs and i just don't care what kinda team guys we have. just win

Is it a little too much to ask for some kind of scale between murderer, rapist, sexual assaulter, and choirboy?

And I think given that people want OJ off the wall, it's not insane to posit that they kind of want to like (at least not loathe) the people who put on the red, white and blue.

I stand corrected, though he was an alternate who got in after Marshall Yanda pulled out.

And Kelly was a notorious partier and douche. But he did not find himself consistently in the kind of trouble that R.I. has. If you want to argue that this is a product of our hyper-driven media age, I guess you'd be half-right, but this stuff has been going on since he was less under the microscope in Nebraska.

Again, hoping it works out, but I'm not obligated to think it's a great idea just because the Bills have been trotting out near-corpse-level play at OG.

the media has a huge influence im sure there are tons of guys like him, personality wise. I hope it works. doesn't have to be a great idea. but you cant hit the ball unless you swing the bat I guess.

So Incognito has now earned more than what the average American earns in a mere 227 years.

This guy is an AHOLE.

NO.. I was suggesting that the Bills QB is vulnerable behind an offensive line that does not protect and retaliate against intentional late hits and intimidation. EJ Manuel was tangential to the main point.

If it is plan A, I feel no more excited about it than I would Kujo competing for the job.

What?

I can see why he has a fan base with the Flat Earth Society

What?

If it is plan A, I feel no more excited about it than I would Kujo competing for the job.

What?

I can see why he has a fan base with the Flat Earth Society

What?

"Why" would be a better question for #1. And the answer is that the guy has sat out for a year in addition to all of the non-football BS.

Rex Ryan is probably the strongest coach Incognito has had.

I wish this were true (in the sense that you're hinting at). My biggest reservation with Ryan's hiring is he has let the inmates run the asylum & that didn't work in NJ and it won't work in Buffalo either. Hope he learned something and has changed his methods.

Opposing defenses have deliberately (JJ Watt/Terrell Suggs/etc...) knocked EJ Manuel around to get him off his game. Alarmingly, no one on the OL retaliates.

The Bills play Houston at home this year. What do you think the crowd does if Incognito drops the gloves and decks Watt before the Bills first offensive play? They go wild. Rex's press conference comments? "Well, we have really been pleased with how aggressively Richie has fired off the ball. It's the coaching staff's fault there...he is still new and I think he got confused about the snap count. Nothing we can't coach up."

Do you think Watt (or anyone else) goes after EJ after that? Something tells me our hockey lover owner is going to love "on the field" Richie.

this is absurd

I wish this were true (in the sense that you're hinting at). My biggest reservation with Ryan's hiring is he has let the inmates run the asylum & that didn't work in NJ and it won't work in Buffalo either. Hope he learned something and has changed his methods.

I don't think he let's the players run the show. His teams reflect his personality. His record was what it was later in NY because like any coach, talent is needed.

But in terms of being a strong coach I'm saying Incognito will respect and respond to what Rex says.