Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

What I understand is it's a domestic dispute, he didn't kill her did he? No. Was she afraid for her life yes. Maybe the Pats pk him up and he becomes man of the yr.

Can we just... I'm having a tough time following this logic. Especially the first two sentences. It's seemingly okay for her to fear for her life at any given point in time. Yeah, Greg Hardy isn't that bad. Those cheating Patsies are going to make him an All-Pro!!!!! Jokes on them, we're going to sign him to a 6 year deal!!!! Ha take that Belicheat!

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely about Revis's awesome talent level, but I will say that the Bills are in pretty good shape at the CB position. Gilmore was playing like an all-pro late in the season, and Corey Graham is clearly capable of playing man effectively. Toss in a talented vet (albeit an uneven one) like McKelvin, who can run with just about anyone (the bills' version of Cromartie), and I think the Bills are reasonably set at the position for this type of defense. Robey is an OK fourth, although I don't think he's as good as I think he is (if that makes any sense). I think that they need another CB, but a solid #2 who can play man would be my rec in FA.

Any thoughts on Brandon Flowers? (Admittedly my Hokie biased side hopes we sign Flowers, Royal, Vick, and Tyrod Taylor)

What I understand is it's a domestic dispute, he didn't kill her did he? No. Was she afraid for her life yes. Now if the NFL let's him come back I think that's enough for me. Maybe he learned his lesson. Maybe the Pats pk him up and he becomes man of the yr. So if we pk him up for cheap on a 1 yr deal I think it's worth the risk.

She claimed to have been thrown in the tub, thrown on a pile of guns, and choked out to the point of almost death. But when she went to the hospital the only visible injury was a broken toenail which she admitted was from when she was kicking his bentley at the club that night. I find it hard to believe if a 6-6 guy is throwing you around like that you dont have any injuries. Funny thing was I was standing at a bar a few weeks after this happened and who is next to me? Hardy. I talked to him for like a half hour while we watched the 4pm games and he mentioned a couple times he'd love to play on a line with mario dareus and kyle. He came off well spoken and very nice.

Any thoughts on Brandon Flowers? (Admittedly my Hokie biased side hopes we sign Flowers, Royal, Vick, and Tyrod Taylor)

Why is it always full name "Tyrod Taylor?" You named 4 guys but only did his full name..........Every game I saw or listened to with him, the play by play guy would be "and Tyrod Taylor tucks it in and takes off. Tyrod Taylor back to pass." It drove me nuts. Can it ever be just Taylor??

Just based on that, I don't want him!!

Why is it always full name "Tyrod Taylor?" You named 4 guys but only did his full name..........Every game I saw or listened to with him, the play by play guy would be "and Tyrod Taylor tucks it in and takes off. Tyrod Taylor back to pass." It drove me nuts. Can it ever be just Taylor??

Just based on that, I don't want him!!

I used his full name for 2 reasons, 1) Taylor is far more common of a last name than Flowers, Royal (probably 2nd most common in the group), and Vick, and 2) of the 4 players he is the one I expect the least people to know, especially by last name only, since he hasn't really seen the field since college

Does the Defense really need to dish out big $ for Revis? Will he make the D that much better?

I'd rather they invest in the guys currently on the roster and do what they can to solidify the Offense (OL or a solid TE)

I think Revis would make the Bills better because of the defensive scheme you will be running. If you were looking to add him to the Schwartz defense, I would say he isn't worth it.

I think Revis would make the Bills better because of the defensive scheme you will be running. If you were looking to add him to the Schwartz defense, I would say he isn't worth it.

I also think there are little things that Gilmore could pick up from playing with a Revis caliber corner that would push him in his development

hey now..... lets not get any ideas. besides I don't want Johnny Rehab.

I don't know about getting pick 19 back but I could see them wanting Leo. Pettine is a CB-lover and has real issues with Gilbert. Buster Skrine is a FA. Haden is a GREAT CB imo but I could see them wanting to go with Haden, Leo, Skrine if they can sign him because they can't depend on Gilbert progressing/getting his act together. They need to have good corners to compete in that division. I could also see them being interested in EJ because right now all they have is Connor Shaw.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't know about getting pick 19 back but I could see them wanting Leo. Pettine is a CB-lover and has real issues with Gilbert. Buster Skrine is a FA. Haden is a GREAT CB imo but I could see them wanting to go with Haden, Leo, Skrine if they can sign him because they can't depend on Gilbert progressing/getting his act together. They need to have good corners to compete in that division. I could also see them being interested in EJ because right now all they have is Connor Shaw.

I could part with McLovin and CJ in a trade. Like it or not EJ is the best QB the Bills have and the prospects out there are not great.

I'd rather have the devil you know than the one you don't.

I could part with McLovin and CJ in a trade. Like it or not EJ is the best QB the Bills have and the prospects out there are not great.

I'd rather have the devil you know than the one you don't.

CJ is a FA.

It doesn't sound like EJ is in their plans based on the tea leaves. The stuff Massare is saying and the comments from the staff. I'd be REALLY surprised if he was the starting QB next year (barring an injury).

CJ is a FA.

It doesn't sound like EJ is in their plans based on the tea leaves. The stuff Massare is saying and the comments from the staff. I'd be REALLY surprised if he was the starting QB next year (barring an injury).

I don't think the team knows yet who they are going to get, only who they are going after, which is going to be virtually anyone and everyone.

Unless it's a stud and clear starter, I think they go into the OTAs and training camp with an open battle. If it's a guy like RG3, he is going to have to beat EJ out, and I guess likely will. But he might not. If it's a guy like Matt Moore I think it's an open fight. I have very good reason to believe they are going after some big names, but a lot of stuff has to happen for it to become a reality. If it's Bradford, EJ is not starting. But if it's a middling guy, or a guy with a lot of ?, he is going to have to beat EJ out. If he;s any good, he will. But I think EJ is going to surprise people in pre-season. It's the real games where the proof will lie.

I don't think the team knows yet who they are going to get, only who they are going after, which is going to be virtually anyone and everyone.

Unless it's a stud and clear starter, I think they go into the OTAs and training camp with an open battle. If it's a guy like RG3, he is going to have to beat EJ out, and I guess likely will. But he might not. If it's a guy like Matt Moore I think it's an open fight. I have very good reason to believe they are going after some big names, but a lot of stuff has to happen for it to become a reality. If it's Bradford, EJ is not starting. But if it's a middling guy, or a guy with a lot of ?, he is going to have to beat EJ out. If he;s any good, he will. But I think EJ is going to surprise people in pre-season. It's the real games where the proof will lie.

I guess I could see them doing both trading for RG AND bringing in a stable vet like Moore. It depends on how this staff views EJ on that. They are absolutely going after a new starting QB it's just a matter of what they find.

I agree that if it is a Hoyer or Moore than EJ will have a shot to compete. I just don't get the impression that is their plan A. They are going to try to get a guy with some question marks and a lot of upside. I don't see it as a guy in the draft either.