2015 HOF inductees - Polian in!

YoloinOhio

Wasn't Haley caught up in the Michael Irvin coke/hooker scandal also? Not that it matters, just curious.

Was it really a scandal, or maybe more just a lifestyle best kept under the covers? A certain way of life they all accepted as normal. (Or at least many, for those picky folks out there.)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerome Bettis is the weakest HOFer ever chosen if its indeed true...UNREAL...

If he was on the Jets he would neve even made the top 15. But if you're a steeler or cowboy.... what a joke

Watching him play, I never thought "this guy is a future HOF'er." Always a really good player just never thought he was extraordinary.

I always agreed with the philosophy that says " can you tell the story of the NFL without this guy?"

And the answer with The Bus is a resounding yes! Warner and Terrell Davis were way more deserving.

Watching him play, I never thought "this guy is a future HOF'er." Always a really good player just never thought he was extraordinary.

I remember seeing Curtis Martin in the Blue-Gray game I think? I had heard his name before but had not really seen him. I remember askig "who the hell is THAT guy?" Loved him, except when we palyed him. He did more for me than Emmitt Smith. Moral of the story: surround yourself with greatness.

Jerome Bettis in, Kevin Green out per reports

@SportsCenter: BREAKING: Jerome Bettis will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. (via @WPXI) http://t.co/oEiTD2qxir

@sgw94: Crazy RT @ODonnellFox13: Kevin Greene's wife reveals that he didn't get into the Hall with her "MAD AS HELL" Tweet

Congrats to Bill

That is BS for Kevin Green, most sacks of any LB and played at a high level for a long time.

@viccarucci: Bill Polian says fellow HOFer Marv Levy will introduce him on Aug. 8 induction.

@GreggDoyelStar: Polian: Marv Levy will introduce him. "Everything I know about pro football I learned from him, and most of the things I know about life."

I wonder if Marv has a record for induction speeches? I love listening to me, either way!

Agreed. Ok player, but its the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of OK. Weak selection, but they mandate how many have to go in each year unlike the BB HoF.

• 5 months later...

Not sure if already out there, but Polian is going into the Hall as a Buffalo Bill

Probably obvious since he has Marv doing his speech, but some Colts fans were squawking about it when they heard

Edited by YoloinOhio

Not sure if already out there, but Polian is going into the Hall as a Buffalo Bill

Probably obvious since he has Marv doing his speech, but some Colts fans were squawking about it when they heard

Who was he with longer?

I mean, 4 straight super bowls with one team is significant...

Who was he with longer?

I mean, 4 straight super bowls with one team is significant...

14 years in Indy, won a SB and went to 2. 8 years in buffalo, 6 as GM.

Also - he only went to 3 SBs with Bills. He was fired before the 4th.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Do players go into the NFL hall on a team? I thought that was only a baseball thing?

they do. The team they choose is the one that throws them the party in Canton, among other things I suppose. I'm not sure how much it is referenced as to which team they choose because I don't really remember it being talked about in past ceremonies. Edited by YoloinOhio

Not surprising. It was obvious how much Bill loved his time in Buffalo. Everything was new, the comradery he had with the players and scouting staff. Almost like your first true love vs. marriage after 20 years or so...

they do. The team they choose is the one that throws them the party in Canton, among other things I suppose. I'm not sure how much it is referenced as to which team they choose because I don't really remember it being talked about in past ceremonies.

If you look up the HOF player bios online, if lists all the teams they played for with no apparent preference to any of them, except for the photo they use I guess.

Not surprising. It was obvious how much Bill loved his time in Buffalo. Everything was new, the comradery he had with the players and scouting staff. Almost like your first true love vs. marriage after 20 years or so...

You get the feeling the Bills was a labour of love.... the Colts and the Panthers were jobs. Good jobs, jobs he enjoyed, but jobs all the same.

You get the feeling the Bills was a labour of love.... the Colts and the Panthers were jobs. Good jobs, jobs he enjoyed, but jobs all the same.

Yeah, the Bills were like the love of his life that got away...you might date or even marry someone else, but you'll never love the same way you love them...

Probably shouldn't call the owner's daughter a See You Next Tuesday. Allegedly. :)

And he is a very worthy HOFer but man did he pick his spots. Inherited Kelly and the #1 overall pick in Buffalo; got multiple top 5 picks with the expansion PAnthers; and got the #1 overall pick for one of the greatest QB prospects ever. Even more impressively, he got his son and his buddies GM jobs. I wish Polian was my dad. :(

Probably shouldn't call the owner's daughter a See You Next Tuesday. Allegedly. :)

And he is a very worthy HOFer but man did he pick his spots. Inherited Kelly and the #1 overall pick in Buffalo; got multiple top 5 picks with the expansion PAnthers; and got the #1 overall pick for one of the greatest QB prospects ever. Even more impressively, he got his son and his buddies GM jobs. I wish Polian was my dad. :(

Luck is the intersection of opportunity and preparation. He had the opportunities, but he was ready to take advantage of them. And he added a lot more pieces in Buffalo like Thomas, Bennett, Conlan, Hull, Tasker, etc.

his big problem was Littman from what I understand. I assume that carried over to Ralph.