Patriots locker room attendant implicated in Deflate gate

So here we go, another "leaked" story...just like all the others that proved false, everyone now spewing this all over the place in the media (even though they are all quoting the same unnamed source) as if its gospel. What happens when another leaked report comes out tomorrow and says it was Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny who teamed up and leaked the air because they are Pats fans?

It amazes me how so many people so desperately want this to be true that they will grasp to every rumor and inaccurate leaked source as if it was coming directly from Gods mouth.

If the Pats are proven to have illegally tampered with something, drop the hammer. But its probably a better idea to wait until the actual real story comes out and the NFL states:

1. How many balls had a problem.

2. How off each individual ball was from the min PSI

3. Any evidence of tampering

4. What the balls for each team started at pre game and where they were at for both teams when they checked the PSI later during the investigation.

Until then, all of this is just so out of control its not worth following as nothing that has leaked has checked out so far...nothing.

Then don't follow it.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty hard to get away from if you love sports...its everywhere from here, tv, radio, internet, etc.

There is no proven facts, that is impossible right now, and there are not really any proven false reports, except for various "telephone game" type of twitter reporting. The original reports from the main sources have not been at all disproven.

For example, the Ravens thing you obviously were not paying close attention to. The REPORT was that the Ravens thought the K-Ball or kicking ball was soft. What Harbaugh was talking about were the Patriots offensive balls. The ravens never touched them and that is what he said. He also said the league contacted several members of the organization, so the league obviously had information about their complaints. But he didn't know the specific conversation the league had with other members of the Ravens.

He personally disregarded the kicking ball being soft idea, he didn't think it was a factor himself, because of the weather. But none of his statements proved that the report was false. That a Ravens official notified the Colts that they thought the kicking ball was under-inflated in their game against the Patriots.

When you're reading, like a lot of people are, reports of reports of reports, some of them of course are lost in translation, and they will contradict each other. None of the reports as far as I can tell from the legit sources have been disproven. Nothing has been proven or disproven.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-ravens-did-not-notice-anything-about-patriots-footballs-being-deflated-john-harbaugh-said-20150121-story.html#

There is no proven facts, that is impossible right now, and there are not really any proven false reports, except for various "telephone game" type of twitter reporting. The original reports from the main sources have not been at all disproven.

For example, the Ravens thing you obviously were not paying close attention to. The REPORT was that the Ravens thought the K-Ball or kicking ball was soft. What Harbaugh was talking about were the Patriots offensive balls. The ravens never touched them and that is what he said. He also said the league contacted several members of the organization, so the league obviously had information about their complaints. But he didn't know the specific conversation the league had with other members of the Ravens.

He personally disregarded the kicking ball being soft idea, he didn't think it was a factor himself, because of the weather. But none of his statements proved that the report was false. That a Ravens official notified the Colts that they thought the kicking ball was under-inflated in their game against the Patriots.

When you're reading, like a lot of people are, reports of reports of reports, some of them of course are lost in translation, and they will contradict each other. None of the reports as far as I can tell from the legit sources have been disproven. Nothing has been proven or disproven.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-ravens-did-not-notice-anything-about-patriots-footballs-being-deflated-john-harbaugh-said-20150121-story.html#

And there in is the point...no one knows anything, yet everyone wants to talk about what they did in absolutes. And its pointless to keep speculating.

And yes Harbaugh said all that, which I said he did. The reports prior to that was that they complained about 2 different games, not just the K balls, and "tipped" the Colts off to suspicious balls, all of which wasnt true and Harbaugh addressed it. I am not disputing what Harbaugh said, I am stating what he said refutes a lot of the early reports that were being spread.

If one report says 11 balls 2 PSI under...and another report says 1 ball under 2 PSI and the others weren't as bad...how does that not disprove at least one of those 2 stories as they don't match?

And the D'Qwell reports were all wrong too.

Its bad reporting by media vultures wanting ratings...but ultimately its the poor handling of the situation by the NFL thats made it so much bigger than it really is, especially considering the Pats played better after the alleged balls were removed by the refs and destroyed the Colts in all facets of the game. NFL and Goodell are deflating this game literally lol

Edited by Alphadawg7

And there in is the point...no one knows anything, yet everyone wants to talk about what they did in absolutes. And its pointless to keep speculating.

But, dude, it's a message board. What kind of site would this be without speculation, opinions, theories, and bashing the no-good-cheatin'-bastid-*patriots? ;)

:beer:

No question they drag it out.

They are already in the process of dragging it out. All these forensic guys, 40 plus interviews, etc, etc. It's all BS to drag this thing out until the Superbowl is over.

Belichek's B. S . Presser was just to add fuel to the fire just to make sure Brady was not suspended before the game. Pretty smart move by the man bigger than the NFL!

"s

This is the response I expected.

Well, we've heard from Brunell and Bettis, maybe Aikman.....and some GM who used to work from Carolina..

We also heard from Aaron Rodgers who clearly like the ball overinflated (I wonder how they get overinflated?).

You know what the difference is between them and Brady? Their footballs were confirmed to comply with the rules.

But, dude, it's a message board. What kind of site would this be without speculation, opinions, theories, and bashing the no-good-cheatin'-bastid-*patriots? ;)

:beer:

Oh, I am fine with the message board, its the whole point of a message board and to each their own...we are all sharing observations. I am willingly partaking, simply because its hard to talk about anything else. But when I can't even listen to sports talk radio or watch sports news anymore, its getting out of hand. NBA radio on XM was talking about it even yesterday when I was trying to get away from this story.

I love the Super Bowl...I am not just a Bills fan, I am a huge fan of football in general...Bills are my team. The NFLs handling of this has taken away from what should be a great game that we should all be looking forward to. Stories like Bradys 6th SB appearance, Brady vs Manning as Manning faced same Seattle team last year and flopped, bludgeoning young dynasty potential in Seattle, great offense vs great defense, etc etc. are lost in the mess and its a shame.

And yes Harbaugh said all that, which I said he did. The reports prior to that was that they complained about 2 different games, not just the K balls, and "tipped" the Colts off to suspicious balls, all of which wasnt true and Harbaugh addressed it. I am not disputing what Harbaugh said, I am stating what he said refutes a lot of the early reports that were being spread.

If one report says 11 balls 2 PSI under...and another report says 1 ball under 2 PSI and the others weren't as bad...how does that not disprove at least one of those 2 stories as they don't match?

And the D'Qwell reports were all wrong too.

Its bad reporting by media vultures wanting ratings...but ultimately its the poor handling of the situation by the NFL thats made it so much bigger than it really is, especially considering the Pats played better after the alleged balls were removed by the refs and destroyed the Colts in all facets of the game. NFL and Goodell are deflating this game literally lol

Show me a legitimate report that said the Ravens said it was 2 different games. The 2 different games were Colts games not Ravens games. November 19 when Mike Adams intercepted twice and the playoff game. Of course the reports will contradict each other if you read them wrong.

As far as the 11 balls vs. only one ball, that is not what I consider to be anything resembling a legitimate report. It was Profootball talk saying "one league source"..."as the source explained it"... "may have been closer to one pound"

But what has the NFL really found? As one league source has explained it to PFT, the football intercepted by Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson was roughly two pounds under the 12.5 PSI minimum. The other 10 balls that reportedly were two pounds under may have been, as the source explained it, closer to one pound below 12.5 PSI.

They are going to say some kid went rouge and took it upon himself to try and help Tom. There is NO WAY to prove Brady and Belichick ordered this eventhough everyone knows they did. And that's why they are sticking to that "we know nothing" story.

The NFL knows what they are doing here. They are floating this random info to let it start sinking in. Once the SB is over the NFL fades away for a month or so. It's their slowest time. They will simply turn this into a 3 month investigation. And once no one cares anymore there will be a report saying the kid did it on his own.

ESPN will accept it becuase their bread and butter is the NFL. Goodell just needs to threaten to not renew their MNF contract. That's the ball game folks.

It doesn't take months or weeks to figure this out. Every move those balls made after the refs approved them is documented on video. A facility like Gillette has cameras every 2 feet becuase of insurance liability. By now the league has clear video of what happened.

It's all PR crap. And all of us know it.

Show me a legitimate report that said the Ravens said it was 2 different games. The 2 different games were Colts games not Ravens games. November 19 when Mike Adams intercepted twice and the playoff game. Of course the reports will contradict each other if you read them wrong.

As far as the 11 balls vs. only one ball, that is not what I consider to be anything resembling a legitimate report. It was Profootball talk saying "one league source"..."as the source explained it"... "may have been closer to one pound"

Again...the reports were 11 balls 2 PSI below...then new reports stated one ball and the others weren't as bad. Those are 2 different reports that people here and in the media ran with as gospel at the time they came out. How many times are we going to go round and round with this?

If you want to stick to your guns and believe that all the early reports match what the reports say now, then so be it, its your prerogative. But its happened, and I am not going to keep going back and forth on this anymore, its just getting repetitive, so we will have to agree to disagree.

However, even you have to agree that no factual evidence has been presented and that all information is from unnamed sources. And I would think even you would have to agree that alleged unnamed sources all the time leak things that end up not being accurate.

It doesn't take months or weeks to figure this out. Every move those balls made after the refs approved them is documented on video. A facility like Gillette has cameras every 2 feet becuase of insurance liability. By now the league has clear video of what happened.

Even if they think they know who deflated them because of video evidence or whatever, they could still be trying to determine with certainty who else was in on it. If the evidence ends up pointing at Tom Brady or Bill Belichick, which it likely does, then they aren't going to rush any release of information unless they are absolutely certain they have the indisputable truth. The release of condemning evidence could very well ruin the career of that person. They have to be very careful.

They are going to say some kid went rouge and took it upon himself to try and help Tom. There is NO WAY to prove Brady and Belichick ordered this eventhough everyone knows they did. And that's why they are sticking to that "we know nothing" story.

The NFL knows what they are doing here. They are floating this random info to let it start sinking in. Once the SB is over the NFL fades away for a month or so. It's their slowest time. They will simply turn this into a 3 month investigation. And once no one cares anymore there will be a report saying the kid did it on his own.

ESPN will accept it becuase their bread and butter is the NFL. Goodell just needs to threaten to not renew their MNF contract. That's the ball game folks.

It's all PR crap. And all of us know it.

That only works if the Pats* lose--if they win on Sunday, it will still be a big deal in 3 months' time.

They don't have to prove Brady or Bellichick knew about it. BB is still responsible for his staff. They suspended NO's coach for a year for something he didn't know was going on.

they may see that as a bigger deal (intentionally trying to injure QBs) so the punishment bigger there.

You know what the difference is between them and Brady? Their footballs were confirmed to comply with the rules.

They did, huh?

Well, hey, so did the Brady's--until Sunday, right?

Everyone's ball are "confirmed" before the games...