The chopping block

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the amount of ppl that think FredJax will be cut is interesting. I understand the production was way down last year, but there was no spiller, st. dougie was destroying the O-line, and we don't have a replacement=he stays. Same for Chandler. I could see Lee Smith, Rivers and Pears being gone. McKelvin stays even if we land Revis.

I don't envision any cuts to make $$$ for FA because we appear to be in a good cap space. I think Lawson is back. May be some cuts to free up money there.

Yeah, because Lee Smith is irreplaceable.. tell ya what.. I'll drop passes and miss blocks next year for the team at HALF the price!

I think he meant Chandler, not Lee Smith. Every time I saw Lee Smith our there I was like, "why."

I expect to see multiple running backs in camp. If a number of them do well, Fred will be cut.........he's a tough guy and lots of character, but he has slowed down a lot. with Spiller likely gone, I am thinking that you will see some others get serious tryouts......Fred does have a contract at 3+ mil....but its not guaranteed and that is that is a serious cap number.....I am wondering.....Dixon and Brown have been around....just not the leaders that Fred is......time will tell

WRT Chandler....no way...the only TE with a record. I like the guy they picked up from the Vikes though...former QB.....I look for him to make the team.

bank on rivers and lawson out, chandler stays, all guards stay except pears. no way mckelvins out

of course add a TE or guard and things change.

jackson stays no matter what, id keep him at 5 touches a game on big downs or as a 3rd back until playoffs then have him start.

I would not bank on Lawson being cut in Rex defense

I am a huge Fred Jackson fan

- We were making major efforts to platoon him with other backs last year

- He still got hurt

- His lateral movement had been gone for a while....but you could always count on him making plays north south.......last year he looked like he had lost a step there as well

I think we go RB in the 2nd round

We aren't really in any cap trouble.

That said Garrison Sanborn is killing the cap

i dont know why, but I've always liked that guy... For as long as I can remember, he has shown up on every ESPN update where the Bills actually put points on the board. Positive association for me...

I can't believe folks think FJ is going to be cut. He is THE leader of this team. Cutting fred would have a rather large impact in the locker room, and would be a very stupid decision for a first year head coach. Give the guy some freaking holes to run through and the guy can still be very product. Plus, his contract is very modest.

No way this happens.

I can't believe folks think FJ is going to be cut. He is THE leader of this team. Cutting fred would have a rather large impact in the locker room, and would be a very stupid decision for a first year head coach. Give the guy some freaking holes to run through and the guy can still be very product. Plus, his contract is very modest.

No way this happens.

Agree completely. Let's say the FO and staff wants him to leave, they'd give him the opportunity to retire on his terms. It'd be a classy move for a tenured guy under new leadership

i would definitely not cut freddy jackson. what he brings to this team is so much more than just on field production (which i think he has plenty left, just use it wisely!). and i believe that manny lawson has plenty to offer in the rex ryan 3-4 base defense. i am sure there is some fat you could trim, but i would hope you are looking elsewhere.

I guess keep him forever. He is 34,injuries piling up, worst ypc of career. It's time.

Biggest thing for me is he looked slow making cuts for the 1st time.

This is what I'm talking about he's to old and slow

I don't know why 95% of the people on here can't see that

There is no way the Pegulas cut Fred. He may not see as many carries (which I agree with) but he will play out his contract, retire a Bill, and then have a job with the org if he wants it. IMO.

Plus, why would they sign him to a 1-year extension and then cut him? He is going to play next year, be as reliable as always, and then retire with a super bowl win by the bills.