• carrington
    • peters
    • stevie
    • lynch
    • levitre
    • branch
    • bell
    • other

tough call but i went with stevie johnson, as we still need help at wr. peters was a close 2nd but his age have to wonder how many years he has left (he'd be my choice if age weren't a factor). similarly with marshawn, he's younger but rb's hit the wall sooner and he's starting to push 30.

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Torn between lynch and levitre. Seems lynch has finally learned to pound the pile and use his size rather than the spiller-esque dancing behind the line that he used to do here. Levitre probably fills the largest position of need on the team as everyone who played guard this year is (at this point) a hot mess. That being said, while levitre is an upgrade to what we have, not sure he is the mauler type of guard that fits the type of line we are building (#buildabully). Marshawn fits the type of offense we are trying to build to a T (now that he has finally "got it"). So in the end, I chose marshawn, despite his off the field antics, which I actually think Rex couldn't care less about.

Edited by BillsBackersChicago

I voted Marshawn. It really can't be anyone but Marshawn or Peters IMO. They are by far the 2 best players listed above and also happen to play 2 of the positions that the Bills need the most.

Actually this was more difficult than I anticipated, and you could actually start fielding a decent team with all these guys on the roster.

Poz has been playing strong on a weak team for years

Whither is going to the probowl

Byrd is being most highly valued by the league

Fitz is the vet QB everyone is saying we need

Levitre fills a huge hole at guard

Stevie adds a consecutive 1,000 yard guy to a WR corp still very much unsettled

Peters is a stud but he's getting old

Marshawn stud too but he's approaching the RB wall and the position is being devalued by the league

Branch ... if you had confidence could stay on the wagon ... is a suitable replacement for an aging kyle williams or potential loss of dareus in FA

Really any of these guys a case can be made for

Edited by JTSP

As much as I hate to say it, having Byrd back plus perhaps adding Revis or another quality corner would have made our defense Super Bowl quality. We still have a great defense don't get me wrong, but with a secondary like that we would have the kind of team that wins championships despite a bad offense (Seattle, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, etc)

Actually this was more difficult than I anticipated, and you could actually start fielding a decent team with all these guys on the roster.

Marshawn stud too but he's approaching the RB wall and the position is being devalued by the league

Branch ... if you had confidence could stay on the wagon ... is a suitable replacement for an aging kyle williams or potential loss of dareus in FA

Your list was not near as enticing as you think. Kirby is right. Anyone that picks branch over peters is crazy. Edited by NoSaint

Poz is decent but no better than what we have, Whitner is okay but overpaid, Byrd is way overpaid and a HUGE injury liability, Fitz is a worse version of Orton (and I like Fitz), Levitre is getting cut, Branch is a scrub, Stevie is a #3 and Marshawn and Peters are HOF players still playing at a HOF level. They also happen to play 2 of the positions that we need the most. It really is impossible to believe that it could be anyone else.

It would be an interesting list if you took those 2 off. At that point I'd probably lean towards Poz or a safety as they are the best football players of the group (even though offense is a bigger need).

Lynch has blossomed in Seattle, but is near the end of his career. Further, he is still an attitude problem, like he was here. The Bills need help in the line, and Levetre makes a lot more sense to me...and, linemen play a lot longer career wise than backs. Marshawn is near the end of the line....maybe a season or two more at most. Levetre likely has another 5-7 years in him IF he is physically sound...which is an issue now I understand.

Lynch has blossomed in Seattle, but is near the end of his career. Further, he is still an attitude problem, like he was here. The Bills need help in the line, and Levetre makes a lot more sense to me...and, linemen play a lot longer career wise than backs. Marshawn is near the end of the line....maybe a season or two more at most. Levetre likely has another 5-7 years in him IF he is physically sound...which is an issue now I understand.

The problem with Levitre is that his game has fallen off a cliff in Tennessee. He will be cut this offseason. If you want to Leo the line take Peters back and bump Glenn inside or to RT and have bookends. Edited by Kirby Jackson