x-Jets asst Westhoff: ‘s—load’ of Belichick Manipulations

Reed83HOF

John Kryk @JohnKryk 1m1 minute ago

Ex-#NYJets asst coach Mike Westhoff on #Patriots coaches: 'There's a whole s---load" of other -gate level violations: http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/ex-jets-assistant-westhoff-theres-a-whole-s-load-of-belichick-rules-manipulations/

“If it’s anybody that walks the edge on the rules, it’s these guys,” Westhoff said. “Sometimes they remind me a little bit of Enron — they’re always the smartest guys in the room, until some day maybe they’re not. That’s how I feel about them.

“As much as I hate to, I’m going to defend them,” Westhoff said. “And trust me, I hate to defend them. (Spygate) was only a part of it. The number of things that were like this? There’s only a handful of them that have been made public.

“TRUST ME, what I’m tellin’ you. There are quite a few others. Clock violations. You can go on and on. There’s a whole s—load.”

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all for bending the rules, but not breaking them. If there was no pressure requirement on the balls..then good on the patriots for finding a way to get an advantage. But since there is...IF they did something in violation of those rules, then they need to be punished.

Link doesn't seem to work for me but the quote sounds like he was about to say this wasn't as big with the "I hate to defend them but I am" part

The context of that quote was "I didn't think they did it, but I bet they're sitting around right now wishing they'd thought of it."

Enron? You lost me with Enron, assistant coach Westhoff. Just more complaining by the losers.

so even if you are a well respected coach just because NE beat your team this just couldn't be true? C'mon, the horse is out of the barn for the second time. Take your head out of the sand.

Well…he must be a "hater"

There…that explains it….that seems to be the go-to ad-hominem attack for anyone to dare say they cheated. :blink:

Haters band together and have membership cards, meet regularly and figure out new ways they can try and undermine all of the Pats deserved successes.

anything but the truth for the most nauseating fans in football

Well…he must be a "hater"

There…that explains it….that seems to be the go-to ad-hominem attack for anyone to dare say they cheated. :blink:

Haters band together and have membership cards, meet regularly and figure out new ways they can try and undermine all of the Pats deserved successes.

anything but the truth for the most nauseating fans in football

Its... RIDICULOUS.

Point blank: Patriots "fans" didn't exist until 2001. They have no perspective on the history of the game--the players that came before, the dynasties that existed, and the level of respect names like Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Don Shula, Troy Aikman, and any other football player that won 2 or 3 Super Bowls carries. And I'm not bringing those specific players up because they have been critical of the Patriots--I'm bringing them up because they are respected by fans of teams across the league. There's not a poster on this board who doesn't respect Jerry Rice. When I meet 49ers fans, I don't hate their team--nor do I particularly hate the Steelers, the Cowboys, or even the Dolphins for that matter. I want the Bills to beat them, sure, but I can appreciate what Dan Marino meant to the league, and the legacy he left.

Patriots fans are missing the point.

They have "gamed" the system. They've now been caught cheating. Twice.

They don't have, and never will have, the level of respect (from real football fans, analysts, and former players) that every other sports dynasty has ever been given. Sure sure, theres the resident Pats defenders on this board that can post a quote from some modern-day, sissified QB that will defend the Pats: but that's only because they don't want to generate bad PR and hurt their endorsements. Not everyone wants to be Richard Sherman.

And THAT, to me, is the point. What's the reason to even watch sports if you can't enjoy it and talk about it with your friends/casual acquaintances, people you meet in the air port, business connections, etc. etc. etc. Don't get me wrong, the Pats fans that say something along the lines of "I've been a pats fan since 76 and this is embarrassing as hell," I do respect, because they get it.

But this "internet era" fan? The one that thinks every person in America who is disgusted with the Patriots gaming the system is just a "hater"? It's maddening. No sh*t we're haters--and proud of it.

Yes, I do hate that the team cheats, and makes it so what I'm watching on tv becomes questionable.

Yes, I do hate knowing that Buffalo has been in the same division as these crooks during this run, and so their tainted accomplishments have affected our organization. Crazy? What if we swept the Pats one of the Jauron years--that would be 9 wins. This playoff streak might have been over long ago.

Yes, I do hate that once the Brady/Beli ship sails, these "fans" are going to dig their bruins hats out of the closet and be non-existent for the next 15-20 years.

No, I am not jealous of what the Patriots have done.

Its... RIDICULOUS.

Point blank: Patriots "fans" didn't exist until 2001. They have no perspective on the history of the game--the players that came before, the dynasties that existed, and the level of respect names like Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Don Shula, Troy Aikman, and any other football player that won 2 or 3 Super Bowls carries. And I'm not bringing those specific players up because they have been critical of the Patriots--I'm bringing them up because they are respected by fans of teams across the league. There's not a poster on this board who doesn't respect Jerry Rice. When I meet 49ers fans, I don't hate their team--nor do I particularly hate the Steelers, the Cowboys, or even the Dolphins for that matter. I want the Bills to beat them, sure, but I can appreciate what Dan Marino meant to the league, and the legacy he left.

They don't have, and never will have, the level of respect (from real football fans, analysts, and former players) that every other sports dynasty has ever been given. Sure sure, theres the resident Pats defenders on this board that can post a quote from some modern-day, sissified QB that will defend the Pats: but that's only because they don't want to generate bad PR and hurt their endorsements. Not everyone wants to be Richard Sherman.

And THAT, to me, is the point. What's the reason to even watch sports if you can't enjoy it and talk about it with your friends/casual acquaintances, people you meet in the air port, business connections, etc. etc. etc. Don't get me wrong, the Pats fans that say something along the lines of "I've been a pats fan since 76 and this is embarrassing as hell," I do respect, because they get it.

But this "internet era" fan? The one that thinks every person in America who is disgusted with the Patriots gaming the system is just a "hater"? It's maddening. No sh*t we're haters--and proud of it.

Yes, I do hate that the team cheats, and makes it so what I'm watching on tv becomes questionable.

Yes, I do hate knowing that Buffalo has been in the same division as these crooks during this run, and so their tainted accomplishments have affected our organization. Crazy? What if we swept the Pats one of the Jauron years--that would be 9 wins. This playoff streak might have been over long ago.

Yes, I do hate that once the Brady/Beli ship sails, these "fans" are going to dig their bruins hats out of the closet and be non-existent for the next 15-20 years.

awesome post, you hit the nail on the head. It's getting to the point to where I'm thinking of almost boycotting the SB because of all this chicanery.....

Its... RIDICULOUS.

Great post. I want to go out and hit somebody.

Seems like a good Enron reference to me. Bob Kraft can play the clueless ken lay role.

Enron had extraordinarily tragic results and ruined, absolutely ruined, peoples lives. Please tell me you don't compare football to war..

so even if you are a well respected coach just because NE beat your team this just couldn't be true? C'mon, the horse is out of the barn for the second time. Take your head out of the sand.

I'm with ya. The Patriots are sneaky and cheaters. I just don't like the Enron comparison.

Its... RIDICULOUS.

Amen brother! Preach!