Marrone interviewing in Denver

YoloinOhio

Per NFL Network...Ian Rappaport, Marrone cancels interview with Broncos to evaluate other "options".

One might be head dishwasher at a SU dinning hall. I'm sorry. I don't value Marrone's coaching abilities at all.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to another "Dear Diary" post.

So what's left - just Atlanta, and coordinator jobs, and position coaching jobs, and Line E at the Unemployment office.

Can you still collect unemployment when you're making $4m for the season?

In other coaching news, I see Shanahan is no longer such a hot commodity.

The 49ers hired a bumbling yes man over Shannahan.

lol

I wanted Rex as my #1 choice, so I'm happy, but I am also a bit surprised that Shanahan wasn't a more sought after candidate.

Shanahan's time in DC was a debacle. I don't think he was ever really considered a hot commodity this time around; just benefiting from name recognition.

Some, but not all. Perception still matters, though.

That's what I thought. From afar it seemed like Snyder gushing all over RG111 put Shanny in an untenable position. Also, after Elway retired in Denver, he was stuck with Brandon Marshall.

Imo, Marshall has almost as much talent as Megatron, but he is also a self proclaimed sufferer of Borderline Personality Disorder. How would you like to coach him? Poor Trestman had Cutler (a bit off), Marshall, and that crazy tight end. How did that work?

I always thought of Shanny as a fine coach. Maybe I'm wrong.

What does this even mean? Consulting is his 1st choice?

@JasonLaCanfora: The Jags have reached out to Doug Marrone about openings on offensive staff, as have others, but I continue to hear HOU as a frontrunner...

Cancelled interview with Denver?:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/16/report-doug-marrone-cancels-interview-with-broncos/

What does this even mean? Consulting is his 1st choice?

@JasonLaCanfora: The Jags have reached out to Doug Marrone about openings on offensive staff, as have others, but I continue to hear HOU as a frontrunner...

strangely worded. it can certainly be interpreted that marrone's real desire is to be a consultant. and if that's how it was intended, it's a moronic attempt by marrone's team to pretend like he's choosing not be a head coach (to save face?).

i'm going to assume it means that even though the jags have reached out to marrone, they aren't high on him. thus, the consultant job is probably where he ends up.

strangely worded. it can certainly be interpreted that marrone's real desire is to be a consultant. and if that's how it was intended, it's a moronic attempt by marrone's team to pretend like he's choosing not be a head coach (to save face?).

i'm going to assume it means that even though the jags have reached out to marrone, they aren't high on him. thus, the consultant job is probably where he ends up.

Marrone and Bill O'Brien are best friends. They were Best men in each others wedding (or at least in one of their weddings...i cant remember). It's not surprising that O'Brien would find a spot for Marrone somewhere in the Texans organization. Truthfully its probably Marrones best chance at saving face here. Go hang with his bud for a few years (or at least one year) until people forget about this whole debacle. Maybe he can even be houstons offensive coordinator (they dont have one...O'Brien calls all the plays). Its too perfect of a fit for it to not happen.

Folks, the bottom line is, the Bills dodged a bullet here. Whoever green-lighted the opt out clause should probably be fired for stupidity, but is nonetheless a hero to whom we should all be thankful. He saved us from another wasted season and has given us endless opportunities to laugh at the Marrone/Sexton spectacle.