[Please Change Title]Pepper Johnson?

uticaclub

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

along these lines, what about Donnie Henderson? Rex has named Tim McDonald DB coach

sorry, I found this ....

Donnie Henderson will stay on board with the Bills as co-defensive backs coach.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/01/buffalo_bills_hire_dennis_thurman_as_defensive_coordinator_add_seven_others_to_c.html

I thought Pepper was the DL coach? Pepper should stay on. He'd learn a ton from a Rex type system and would be very marketable. I don't see another place for him. (I thought he'd get the Giants job, is DC still open, or will Schwartz end up there?)

Not impressed with all of the dismissals and such just to bring in coaches from Jest or he happened to work with previously.

Pepper is no longer listed on website.

I would rather he being looking at the best he can not just those he know.

Funny how he makes crack about loyalty of Marrone but what about the loyalty to assistant coaches who worked hard for season last year?

It goes both ways.

Not impressed with all of the dismissals and such just to bring in coaches from Jest or he happened to work with previously.

Funny how he makes crack about loyalty of Marrone but what about the loyalty to assistant coaches who worked hard for season last year?

It goes both ways.

That's how it works though. HC comes in, evaluated current staff and retains who he wants but has more loyalty to the staff he had before.

Marrone's loyalty would be to bring his staff with him but... They didn't all have a golden parachute and he's nowhere

Edited by YoloinOhio

It goes both ways.

Weird that a guy would think people he taught how to run his system and he felt have done it to his liking would be the best candidates to teach his system to a new squad. And that those guys would be most interested in working with him.

It goes both ways.

Isn't what he's doing showing loyalty to people he has worked with? To expect loyalty to the prior HC's coaches seems a stretch to me.

Maybe I am mistaken, but the last thing that I heard was that the Bills told Pepper that he was welcome to come back if he did not get the DC job with the Giants.

Has anything changed since this report?

It goes both ways.

The DL coach replacing Pepper is better. Karl Dunbar.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I wouldn't mind if Pepper stayed with the Bills, especially to help with the linebackers. But we really don't need him with all these Jet coaches, who have been with Ryan awhile, especially Dunbar regarded as one of the best. April hasn't seemed to coach LBers very long.

yep, I'm hoping he will be co-LB coach with April like Henderson is with DBs. The younger guys are kind of like assistants with better titles.

Dunbar is great with interior lineman and 34 ends. He's not a rush LB coach which is what Pepper would be if he is on this staff. They are not conflicting coaches. Pepper has coached LBs in the 34 and DL in 43 and was 34 OLB when he played which leads me to believe he would be coaching OLBs on this D staff.

The Defensive coaching staff hires just seem to be cronyism at its finest, and i don't mean it in a good way. What happened to find the best guy available, not just the shmuck you worked with at your last job because that's who you know. Just pathetic! Maybe it will turn out to be a good staff but, i just don't like how its playing out for hiring of the defensive staff. Pepper definitely deserved a spot on the staff if he wanted one!

JMHO

BigPappy

Dunbar is great with interior lineman and 34 ends. He's not a rush LB coach which is what Pepper would be if he is on this staff. They are not conflicting coaches. Pepper has coached LBs in the 34 and DL in 43 and was 34 OLB when he played which leads me to believe he would be coaching OLBs on this D staff.

Love Pepper to be wth the OLBs/pass rshers.

Isn't what he's doing showing loyalty to people he has worked with? To expect loyalty to the prior HC's coaches seems a stretch to me.

But I don't think you're taking this into account "I would rather he being looking at the best he can not just those he know."

The Defensive coaching staff hires just seem to be cronyism at its finest, and i don't mean it in a good way. What happened to find the best guy available, not just the shmuck you worked with at your last job because that's who you know. Just pathetic! Maybe it will turn out to be a good staff but, i just don't like how its playing out for hiring of the defensive staff. Pepper definitely deserved a spot on the staff if he wanted one!

JMHO

i

BigPappy

For one thng Rex told Pepper there is always a spot for him, just like he told Schwartz. What exactly are you complaining about?

Its a team of guys going back to Baltimore. When you have success then why change?

Edited by TheTruthHurts

JMHO

BigPappy

News Flash all coaches bring guys they know and trust in... No need to sign your name, people can see this is your post. Edited by Beef Jerky

Yea and Dunbar used to coach Kyle Williams at LSU

But I don't think you're taking this into account "I would rather he being looking at the best he can not just those he know."

I think Rex knows who is best.