Bring Back the Red Helmets!

Bring back the Red Helmets! Since their is a topic blaming the move to SJF for training camp on the playoff drought it's just as logical to blame the color of the helmets.

BTW... At least bring them back as throw back uniform instead of the standing Buffalo that seems to lose most of the time. Ut oh superstition strikes again. :}

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They originally made the switch to those red helmets because Joe Ferguson used to throw so many interceptions people said he had tunnel vision. Then, it was said he needed to be able to distinguish between his players and the other teams players so the gave him red helmets to aim at.

They originally made the switch to those red helmets because Joe Ferguson used to throw so many interceptions people said he had tunnel vision. Then, it was said he needed to be able to distinguish between his players and the other teams players so the gave him red helmets to aim at.

They changed to them because of Jim Kelly not Fergie.

Don't F with the uni's. They look great as is.

(That being said... no more blue on blue combo.)

Gotta love that performance in all blue though. I'm cool with them from time to time. The current unis are my favorite we've had in my 40 years as a bills fan

Gotta love that performance in all blue though. I'm cool with them from time to time. The current unis are my favorite we've had in my 40 years as a bills fan

I do like the blue on blue combo = fresh. The royal blue really stands out, plus the Bills beat the Packers in that uni, so what's not to like ?

If I'd heard ahead of time they were going blue on blue, I would have thought it would look awful. I was surprised. To me, it actually looked pretty good.

I suspect the red helmets have greater nostalgic and sentimental value to kids who came of age during the 80s and 90s, and I can see why they might prefer them. For guys like me who first got hooked towards the end of the AFL era and into the O.J. era, the white ones, standing or charging bison, are the ones for me.

at the time... Baltimore, Miami and Jets had similar white helmets with logo on the side