Rex Ryan Press Conference

moshermw

Have to wonder if the Atlanta organization help put the Bills even on his radar, let alone make them his 3rd choice.

Haste makes waste they say, wish the Bills had waited long enough to find out John Fox would become available.

John Fox was a .500 coach until he hooked up with Manning.

Rex was a .500 coach was Sanchez, Geno and Vick - and a terrible FO.

I'm not saying Fox is a bad coach. I just don't think the record is clear that he's a better coach.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol: He asked a question which began, "I didn't watch the games, but I talked to friends who watched a lot of Jets games and they said..." and expected Ryan to answer. That's the definition of LAZY.

That only shows that Jerry takes what his fellow Jets reporters write as gospel. I hope the Jets press corps don't think Sully is an expert on the Bills.

Not the least bit surprised about that. That mortified equine has been pretty soundly abused, and the PC introducing your new head coach isn't the place to discuss your old head coach.

Or about your potential deal for a football czar, or about the dumbest of Bills fans conspiracy theories, the analytics department and what they're up to.

Hell, why not ask why the turf seems so slippery or the stadium was painted black outside, not white. Why didn't they ask what brand of beer everyone was drinking at the Big Tree last night!?

Amateurs! :beer:

Anybody else surprised that for all the talk and whining from the Buffalo media that Pegula never allows himself opportunity for questions, they barely asked him anything? I saw one question from Vic about the front office and another one from TG about the process of the coaching search, but if I recall that was really it.

Nobody asked if Marrone was extended or if pegs rejected an extension overture (still no consensus on what happened), nobody followed up on Pegs comment about "talking with Polian" (what did that say for RB and DW at the time), nobody asked about "analytics dept."

Am I missing something here? I also find it hilarious guys like Sully spent more time posting snarky questions on Twitter to everyone and no one rather than, you know, ask questions to the folks in front of them.

Very good points. Sullivan and Bucky have complained about TP not being available to the media in the past, but never took advantage of the opportunity that he has so longed for.

Today, instead, he makes an ass out of himself with the questions he asked of Rex. Correction: continues to make an ass out of himself.

The sad thing is that the guy CAN be a gifted writer when he actually takes his allows himself to do something other than push his preconceived snark filled narratives.

Edited by Peter

Or about your potential deal for a football czar, or about the dumbest of Bills fans conspiracy theories, the analytics department and what they're up to.

Hell, why not ask why the turf seems so slippery or the stadium was painted black outside, not white. Why didn't they ask what brand of beer everyone was drinking at the Big Tree last night!?

Amateurs! :beer:

I dunno Heitz...i think a question about if an extension was offered, or did he have a deal with Polian in place would have been okay

Edited by plenzmd1

A real reporter would have prefaced the question with something like "When you were with the Jets, it was reported that..."

It's less of an indictment of his lack of research (who would expect him to watch every Jets game?) than his professionalism. Sullivan's very phrasing was and amateurish in the extreme. He's simply not a real reporter by any stretch of the imagination.

In his defense, he's a columnist not a reporter, so he gets a little leeway on the "sources." However, you're right on the money about the phrasing "other people say" - it shows me he doesn't have the stomach to stand by his own theories rather than put his name on it. He also acted like a child on twitter with the nightmare and crying jokes.

Not the least bit surprised about that. That mortified equine has been pretty soundly abused, and the PC introducing your new head coach isn't the place to discuss your old head coach.

I get its supposed to be about the head coach, but if you as a reporter complain the guy is never available, here's your shot. They asked about the front office shuffle (albeit in a milquetoast way) - what's wrong with asking this here? I don't want to hear these guys complain about this anymore if they're not going to ask the hard questions when they get a chance.

And on the Marrone extension/no extension debate, we've argued it to death here but I haven't heard the media vet that one at all. Yes, Pegs would probably sidestep both the extension and Polian questions, but how he acts and how he answers those questions might give a little more insight. I'm just frustrated we seem to have such a week media around these parts.

Edited by TheLynchTrain

I dunno Heitz...i think a question about if an extension was offered, or did he have a deal with Polian in place would have been okay

I personally disagree - this was about Rex, not Pegula and plans that were supposedly in the works before Marrone left.

I get this is one of the few times they actually have face time with Terry, but start rocking the boat and it might be the LAST time you get face time with him.

I guess the other problem for me personally is that, it didn't happen, so I don't really care now. Its done and over, on the next. But again, that's just me :D