Rex Ryan Press Conference

moshermw

and for the record I watched Mike F today, he said the press conference today was identical to the one Ryan had when he got hired by the Jets 6 years ago, and he like everyone else is entitled to his opinion, and from what I have heard him say in the past he likes Ryan, so what does that tell you, finally people call others names on this site, when they don't agree with posts, that's pretty juvenile, in my opinion

And he proceeded to two AFC championship games soon after.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am reasonably happy with Rex Ryan's hiring, but the PR campaign is already annoying. Every move is way too contrived, and in a way, that can be construed as insulting towards the fans. And I'm not necessarily blaming Ryan, it's more likely the Bills' PR people orchestrating things.

I want to watch a Bills team with a good offense one of these decades.

"Build a bully" is a term associated with Hue Jackson. Kinda lame to appropriate another coach's catchphrase. I guess it's better than wheeling out "smash mouth" or talking about "swagger".

Edited by HoF Watkins

and for the record I watched Mike F today, he said the press conference today was identical to the one Ryan had when he got hired by the Jets 6 years ago, and he like everyone else is entitled to his opinion, and from what I have heard him say in the past he likes Ryan, so what does that tell you, finally people call others names on this site, when they don't agree with posts, that's pretty juvenile, in my opinion

That's not true. People would call you names even when they agree with your posts. 'Cause you're an idjimit.

There should be a test where you have to explain the phrase's origin before you can use it.

Exactly. I am not sure why people keep bringing this up. I can't believe Ryan has that many positive memories of the last couple of years with Sanchez at QB. He above anyone would understand that Marky Mark is severely limited in ability and potential.

I am reasonably happy with Rex Ryan's hiring, but the PR campaign is already annoying. Every move is way too contrived, and in a way, that can be construed as insulting towards the fans.

I want to watch a Bills team with a good offense one of these decades.

"Build a bully" is a term associated with Hue Jackson. Kinda lame to appropriate another coach's catchphrase. I guess it's better than wheeling out "smash mouth" or talking about "swagger".

The horror?!?! He should be fired immediately.

[by the way, I follow football pretty closely, but never heard that about Hue and wonder if he borrowed that from someone else . . . .]

As an aside, we Bills fans have been calling ourselves the 12th Man for years. Are we lame because Texas A&M supposedly came up with it and have trademarked it?

Edited by Peter

if you call, saying he should have been fired last year and this year, well I don't see that as hate , just fact

I love opinions that are formed from fantasy. Mike F has a long history of being anti-Rex. Just because you agree, doesn't make him unbiased. It makes you silly for trying to claim otherwise just to bolster your own weak argument.

if you call, saying he should have been fired last year and this year, well I don't see that as hate , just fact

Fact? They had the 6th lowest odds to win the Super Bowl in the whole league, and Ryan got them to 8-8 that season. Not a fact.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23465056/super-bowl-odds-who-are-vegasstyle-super-bowl-sleepers

Edited by billsfaninmanhattan

So you're ignorant of history too? Mike F HATES Ryan.

it was clear he was mocking Rex today with his big chuckles talking about Rex's press conference. IMO he was acting like the typical elitist NYC snob mocking a guy like Rex with an over abundance of folksy charm.

It seems clear to me that Rex's style and persona is a perfect match for Buffalo and the team.

two AFC championship games and how many HE WIN

How many has Schwartz, Bowels, Gase, Roman, et al win?

Uh-huh. Keep on throwing stuff against the wall, maybe you'll find an argument that sticks. So far you're just making a mess.

it was clear he was mocking Rex today with his big chuckles talking about Rex's press conference. IMO he was acting like the typical elitist NYC snob mocking a guy like Rex with an over abundance of folksy charm.

It seems clear to me that Rex's style and persona is a perfect match for Buffalo and the team.

Yeah, Mike F has a long history of mocking Rex. They don't see eye to eye, which is why it's hilarious Rumble is holding him up as some sort of unbiased source on the subject.

But based on Rumble's own anti-Rex stance, it makes sense.

two AFC championship games and how many HE WIN

Marv Levy never won one before coming to Buffalo.

Bill Belichick never won one as a HC before he joined the Pats.

Pete Carrol never won one in his stints with the Pats or Jets.

Marv Levy never won a SB.

Edited by Peter

So, rather than keep Schwartz's defense alive and kicking we should entrust him to improve upon the top five defense he had nothing to do with while he coached a last place team? Oh, I get it.

Whose defense was ranked 6th....3rd against the run

Fact? They had the 6th lowest odds to win the Super Bowl in the whole league, and Ryan got them to 8-8 that season. Not a fact.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23465056/super-bowl-odds-who-are-vegasstyle-super-bowl-sleepers

I thought Ryan getting THAT Jet team to 8-8 was a minor miracle and was much more impressive than St. Doug's 9-7,thanks to a lay down by the Pats in the last game...

That team had no business getting more than 5-6 wins