[closed]What The Hell Just Happened?!

Lombardi1

Will someone please tell me why Rex Ryan is the new HC of the Buffalo Bills?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocV5bGHdYag

What exactly does he bring to the table?

*Defense some will say (We already had that side of the ball well under control and headed in the right direction for some time to come with more than a few All Pros...how does that old sensible adage go, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it").

*Name Recognition (So, what! For that matter just go out and tap Miley Cyrus, whose more than capable of filling every stadium seat just as much as anyone else with "name recognition", doesn't mean mere "name recognition" translates into moving a product forward). Don't get me wrong, I get it, an investment was made by people who simply want to ensure a return on that investment, no problems with that at all, just expected more in terms of long term success as oppose to making a short term splash, hopefully not a long term THUD...

*He Can Beat Brady/Belichick (On the contrary, what a myth! He can't because they are playing in yet another AFC Championship game for the fourth consecutive season this weekend, while the last team he coached constantly suffered from crimped necks year in and year out having to always look up in the standings to locate Brady/Belichick)

*He's Likable (Pfft! Awww hug him like a teddy bear already, and let's sing Kum Ba Yah, NOT!

Likeable? So is Minnie & Mickey Mouse, Barbie & Ken, Laurel & Hardy, The Three Stooges, pizza, ice cream, a fresh cold beer, etc., etc.., news flash OBD, "Likes" don't win championships...colorful personalities may fill stadium seats but they don't win championships).

He's The Messiah (Riighhhttttt!, and there's a bridge for sell in Brooklyn, and no need to ever fear what's lurking in a swamp either)

The peril of hiring someone like Rex Ryan:

*Karma's a ________rhymes with witch: there was no need to shove Jim Schwartz aside like yesterday's garbage.

For Thurman?! or anyone else for that matter. The only Thurman I know and respect is Hall of Famer Thurman Thomas.

*It's akin to throwing money away (if that's the agenda anyway please consult the local yellow pages and find a worthy charity or two and spread the money around instead of wasting it on a %$#$@ hot air much ado about nothing clown)

*It's akin to wasting time (if that's the agenda anyway, hire either a retired NBA, NHL or MLB former coach/manager and see how long it takes him to master the complex schemes in the NFL...give him at least the 5yrs Rex is getting, but at least with either choice you won't run the risk of him putting his foot in his mouth during pressers, or, even worse, potentially losing the team altogether with his antics).

With that said, I'm taking a Missouri stance, where the good folks from the "Show Me State" give credit where it's due, when it's rightfully earned...TALK is cheap Rex, put up or shut...Pftt!

Edited by Lombardi1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Will someone please tell me why Rex Ryan is the new HC of the Buffalo Bills?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocV5bGHdYag

What exactly does he bring to the table?

*Defense some will say (We already had that side of the ball well under control and headed in the right direction for some time to come with more than a few All Pros...how does that old sensible adage go, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it").

*Name Recognition (So, what! For that matter just go out and tap Miley Cyrus, whose more than capable of filling every stadium seat just as much as anyone else with "name recognition", doesn't mean mere "name recognition" translates into moving a product forward). Don't get me wrong, I get it, an investment was made by people who simply want to ensure a return on that investment, no problems with that at all, just expected more in terms of long term success as oppose to making a short term splash, hopefully not a long term THUD...

*He Can Beat Brady/Belichick (On the contrary, what a myth! He can't because they are playing in yet another AFC Championship game for the fourth consecutive season this weekend, while the last team he coached constantly suffered from crimped necks year in and year out having to always look up in the standings to locate Brady/Belichick)

*He's Likable (Pfft! Awww hug him like a teddy bear already, and let's sing Kum Ba Yah, NOT!

Likeable? So is Minnie & Mickey Mouse, Barbie & Ken, Laurel & Hardy, The Three Stooges, pizza, ice cream, a fresh cold beer, etc., etc.., news flash OBD, "Likes" don't win championships...colorful personalities may fill stadium seats but they don't win championships).

He's The Messiah (Riighhhttttt!, and there's a bridge for sell in Brooklyn, and no need to ever fear what's lurking in a swamp either)

The peril of hiring someone like Rex Ryan:

*Karma's a ________rhymes with witch: there was no need to shove Jim Schwartz aside like yesterday's garbage.

For Thurman?! or anyone else for that matter. The only Thurman I know and respect is Hall of Famer Thurman Thomas.

*It's akin to throwing money away (if that's the agenda anyway please consult the local yellow pages and find a worthy charity or two and spread the money around instead of wasting it on a %$#$@ hot air much ado about nothing clown)

*It's akin to wasting time (if that's the agenda anyway, hire either a retired NBA, NHL or MLB former coach/manager and see how long it takes him to master the complex schemes in the NFL...give him at least the 5yrs Rex is getting, but at least with either choice you won't run the risk of him putting his foot in his mouth during pressers, or, even worse, potentially losing the team altogether with his antics).

With that said, I'm taking a Missouri stance, where the good folks from the "Show Me State" give credit where it's due, when it's rightfully earned...TALK is cheap Rex, put up or shut...Pftt!

A little late to the part arent we?

IN!

CBF