Chan Gailey OC for the Jets?

Jobu

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be an interesting matchup down the line. 2 very good DEfensive HC's, paired with two very different but good OC's. I wish I could enjoy rooting against Chan, but he is one of my favorites of this generation of Bills (whatever that means). I'll be curious to see what he can do with Geno.

I wish Marrone would have gotten the Jets job, he would have been fun to root against.

The Jets O will look better than advertised for about half the season, then the talent level will overcome the scheme. I'll always be in Chan's corner, though: good man and very smart offensive mind. He deserves better than he's been served thus far in his career, IMHO.

For his career his offenses have averaged 15th in points, 16th in yards. He's capable, but rarely does he climb any further than slightly above average. He'll get the most out of what he has though.

Yeah, but look at the crap he has had to work with. Adam Gase is a genius? Give him Fitzpatrick, thigpen; tomczak, and kordell, and there is zero chance he could put together a 15th ranked offense.

Chan can coach up garbage talent.

Yeah, but look at the crap he has had to work with. Adam Gase is a genius? Give him Fitzpatrick, thigpen; tomczak, and kordell, and there is zero chance he could put together a 15th ranked offense.

Chan can coach up garbage talent.

I wonder how his averages would've changed without putting up 13 points in the 4th quarter down 40.

"Jets hired Chan Gailey as offensive coordinator." So, its a done deal, Chan to Jets.

Interesting quote from Rotoworld, http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

"If the Jets choose to keep Percy Harvin at his $10.5 million salary, it could mean big things for him. Gailey likes to spread his offense out and run fast. He was Chip Kelly before Chip Kelly was a thing. We like the hire for the Jets."

The Jets have a really good O line, WR Percy Harvin, WR Eric Decker, TE Jace Amaro, a Spiller clone in CJ2K, and a bruising RB in Chris Ivory. The previous Jets OC was just lame, and didn't use the talent on hand very well.

Not sure what this means for Mike Vick, but I think Geno look better running Chan's "pistol offense".

The Jets don't have a ton of talent in the skill positions, outside of the timebomb Harvin and Ivory, but if they get some players, I think that Bowles and Gailey are a pretty good pair.

I agree. Two very good hires by the Jets.

Surprised no one is talking about how inbred the AFC East has become.

Chan and Bowles used to scheme against each other when Bowles was the d-coordinator of the Dolphins and Chan was the HC/OC of the Bills; Rex as well all know was the HC of the Jets.

Now that has all been scrambled around, Rex is here, Bowles and Gailey are in New Jersey. Kinda wild.

"Jets hired Chan Gailey as offensive coordinator." So, its a done deal, Chan to Jets.

Interesting quote from Rotoworld, http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

"If the Jets choose to keep Percy Harvin at his $10.5 million salary, it could mean big things for him. Gailey likes to spread his offense out and run fast. He was Chip Kelly before Chip Kelly was a thing. We like the hire for the Jets."

The Jets have a really good O line, WR Percy Harvin, WR Eric Decker, TE Jace Amaro, a Spiller clone in CJ2K, and a bruising RB in Chris Ivory. The previous Jets OC was just lame, and didn't use the talent on hand very well.

Not sure what this means for Mike Vick, but I think Geno look better running Chan's "pistol offense".

they are going with Geno?