Chan Gailey OC for the Jets?

Jobu

I'm really concerned about this hire. I really like our defensive staff, but Chan is old and cranky, and he just hired some WR coach as our new QB coach, a guy with zero experince.

I don't see him as the solution for my Jets.

he's a nice, old southern guy. Most Bills fans think he's a really good OC. IMO I think he only looks good to us now in comparison to Marrone. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not at all be shocked if Fitzpatrick was on the Jets next year.

I know very little about him. Did you follow him at Houston this year? Why did he do so poorly?

I'd take Fitz for a year if we draft Mariota. Let Fitz and Geno fight it out to be out opening day starter and Mariota takes over mid-season

• 3 weeks later...

Gailey is a good OC for a strong head coach with head for game planning.

Gailey is a poor OC for a defense oriented coach who depends on OC to come up with game planning and adjustments.

He is good at making schemes to get more out of players' strengths but poor at coming up with alternates when defense takes way that strength and the offense needs to go to a different game plan.

He is NOT as good as OC as Wade Phillips was at DC who in one week came up with completely new game plan due to injuries.