Bills request to interview 49ers, Skins OL coaches

YoloinOhio

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for when it works... See the smart thing would have been to say if they run on first down they better execute.

thats all i was asking the whole time. geebus that was so painful to watch again and again.

someone or two or even 3 linemen out of position or leveraged. Ot heck just blown of the ball (Wood i am looking at you )

I have mentioned. The power run game. I would love to see Bills O line actually move the line of scrimmage for once.

i get all the gap and zone. But i want to see 5 guys moving forward off the spot.

Seen other teams do it and i love that stuff.

Hiring Solari would make so much sense. Although the Marrone crew was trying to build a big, bruising offensive line, they weren't using their line the way they should. Too many swing and screen passes. Roman won't use them anymore. Monstrous linemen aren't built for that agility stuff. Solari will coach these guys to destroy the man in front them and move upfield.

Hiring Solari would make so much sense. Although the Marrone crew was trying to build a big, bruising offensive line, they weren't using their line the way they should. Too many swing and screen passes. Roman won't use them anymore. Monstrous linemen aren't built for that agility stuff. Solari will coach these guys to destroy the man in front them and move upfield.

"Pound the clown in front of you." That's what the Indy line was taught a few decades ago.

Love this post!

Yes but you can always get out of a contract for a promotion. So even if the Bills had granted permission to the skins to hire Jim S for DC which would have just been a lateral move, they could have come back a week later and told the Skins we now want to hire Jim back as HC and likely Skins would have to have allowed it. Likely as part of the permission to talk to him they could have even told the Skins that. Unless I'm missing something In this case like they are planning to bring this guy in as a different title, they are asking to interview the Skins O-0ine coach to become the Bill's O-line coach. Isn't that the exact definition of a lateral move? Same as it would have been for Schwartz with the one exception being we were still considering him for HC position, but I'm sure that could have easily been worked around and still been able to hire here as HC if they wanted.

That's my point that the Bill's said no to the same thing they are now asking the Skins to agree to, a lateral move.

That's kind of a different thing, the coordinator to position coach. Especially because at the time, the Bills had no idea who was going to be their head coach, and Schwartz was a HC candidate.

have they hired anyone yet? I hear he's free now.

Why would the Bills need to be "nice?" They didn't know who they were hiring for HC yet when that request came through.

Del Rio looks like he's going to get the Oakland job, which likely makes Tony Sparano a FA coach.

He coached with Ryan in NY as OC, so there's the possibility he'd be on the short list for the OL coach duties here.

Sparano and Rex are very good friends, per some twitter chatter. And sparano's son was on his NYJ staff (and maybe ours now - he was with him at the Sabres game last night) Edited by YoloinOhio