Pegulas, Rex, Whaley = Big Splashes Commeth

Whaley was taught by his Steelers mentor Bill Nunn(?) that if you believe in something, like a big splash, do it and never look back. It played a huge role in the Watkins trade and he immediately referred to it after the trade.

The Pegulas are down to earth people with 4 billion dollars and obviously like the big splashes.

On cannonball ability alone, Rex Ryan loves the big splash.

Another one could be coming this off season.

And if not, we can expect them as a regularity IMO during this tenure.

Granted, splashing big just to splash big is a terrible philosophy. So that is not a good idea. But I loved the first Whaley splash. I like the Rex hire splash.

Let's go get some snacks!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How big of a splash with cap room permit?

Will Mario restructure?

In a nanosecond. Restructures are most often way better for the player with zero sacrifice. It's like your boss coming up to you and saying "Hey, would it be okay if we gave you most of your yearly salary now instead of when it's due? You get the same amount, you don't lose a penny, we just want to give it to you in cash now. Would that be okay with you?"

In a nanosecond. Restructures are most often way better for the player with zero sacrifice. It's like your boss coming up to you and saying "Hey, would it be okay if we gave you most of your yearly salary now instead of when it's due? You get the same amount, you don't lose a penny, we just want to give it to you in cash now. Would that be okay with you?"

I would do it.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a Daniel Snyder situation where there is a big splash and we only later come to realize that it was caused by a giant turd hitting the toilet water.

:lol:

Unlike Danny Boy, I expect Pegs to let his personnel department pick out the toys.

Just for kicks and in the spirit of this thread - would you trade Mario for Brees ? I suppose the cap situation will not be hugely different.

As Kyle Williams enters his 10th year, I'd prefer we not overhaul 67% of the remaining best-unit on the team.

So, yes, BUT only if can't-miss investments are made elsewhere on the DLine.

This thread made be think of this post from Leroi.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

The things I am hearing will literally blow your mind. (QB situation,Free Agency,'draft) it's all really amazing.

Are you prepared for the Pegula Bills?

Reborn...

Imo

In Leroi I Trust!

As Kyle Williams enters his 10th year, I'd prefer we not overhaul 67% of the remaining best-unit on the team.

So, yes, BUT only if can't-miss investments are made elsewhere on the DLine.

If splash is to be made, might as well make it in an area that makes the most impact. I love Mario totally and would only trade him if a high impact player such as Brees is available. I know Kirby Jackson does not think Brees will be let go. But I am just playing out a scenario in my mind which would make the most sense in a 'have to make tough decisions' frame of mind.

(1) Delta cost per year would be fairly low (2) I would trust Ryan to get the most out of an altenative DE (3) We have to re-sign Hughes

Besides the contractual aspect, the only football aspect that worries me is that Brees depended a lot on Graham and Roman is not a big TE focused guy.