December 29. Orton retires. The day of infamy.

Holy crap. Look what has happened in a fortnight.

1. Orton retires out of the blue.

2. Polian is reported back to be Czar.

3. Marrone abruptly opts out when not given what he demands, extensions for him and assists.

4. Whaley is allegedly in trouble (I never believed this).

5. Marrone is considered shoo in for the Jets HC job.

6. Polian opts out of Czar hood, claiming the job would be too big now (I don't believe this).

7. Marrone reportedly badmouthed the Bills to Polian for badmouthing Polian.

8. Articles that the Pegulas are over their heads and scrambling. Bills are same ol' bumbling Bills.

9. Marrone lambasted in the press and by former coach for being a prick and quitting.

10. Bills start interviewing every possible candidate, criticized for looking disorganized.

11. Frank Reich is thought to be the favorite of the Bills (this is debatable).

12. Marrone goes from frontrunner to backburner on the Jets after Woody Johnson is spooked.

13. The Bills ask for second interview with Rex Ryan after Thursday's went well.

14. Ryan doesn't want to wait for Falcons who refuse to commit as owner mourns mother's passing

15. Ryan and Pegulas watch Patriot game with Whaley and Brandon still in Florida and overnight, all help convince Ryan to sign with the Bills.

16. Ryan and new OC Greg Roman, another H/C candidate are officially named as the new brain trust with Whaley.

17. Jim Schwartz may stay on as DC after being asked by Ryan and Pegulas.

What a crazy whirlwind 15-16 days! Just insane.

I love it.

This is a great post to sum it all up. I was just wondering today what the board would have looked like over the past 2 weeks if none of this had happened.

I have felt for a long time that the Bills needed a "shock to the system". I think we are there.

Thanks for summing this all up. Everything happened too fast for an old seaman like me.

In fact, I hadn't even heard about this sleepover in FLA and watching the Pats game together. Pretty neat.

It seems like now, the Schwartz situation is in the forefront.

And I agree with other posters who say that this doesn't feel like the last 10 years, as far as the coaching carousel goes. It feels like we're taking a full step in the right direction.

Would be hilarious if Orton claimed he was retiring just because he hated Marrone and now he comes back as our veteran caretaker qb for one more year. Wouldn't completely shock me.

I don't think that is happening but it wouldn't shock me at all.

I would imagine that Orton loves Rex.

3. Marrone abruptly opts out when not given what he demands, extensions for him and assists.

6. Polian opts out of Czar hood, claiming the job would be too big now (I don't believe this).

8. Articles that the Pegulas are over their heads and scrambling. Bills are same ol' bumbling Bills.

9. Marrone lambasted in the press and by former coach for being a prick and quitting.

10. Bills start interviewing every possible candidate, criticized for looking disorganized.

12. Marrone goes from frontrunner to backburner on the Jets after Woody Johnson is spooked.

13. The Bills ask for second interview with Rex Ryan after Thursday's went well.

14. Ryan doesn't want to wait for Falcons who refuse to commit as owner mourns mother's passing

15. Ryan and Pegulas watch Patriot game with Whaley and Brandon still in Florida and overnight, all help convince Ryan to sign with the Bills.

16. Ryan and new OC Greg Roman, another H/C candidate are officially named as the new brain trust with Whaley.

I love it.

I see a Broadway musical in the making. How's your tenor, Kelly?

Awesome summary Kelly.....I would only add

18. TBD discovers Leroi and Chris as inside sources...Leroi with texts from Whaley and Chris because he chooses breakfast joints well...

and yes...Thank your Kyle Orton -- your retirement has given us hope!!!

Edited by Formerly Joe F

This is a great post to sum it all up. I was just wondering today what the board would have looked like over the past 2 weeks if none of this had happened.

Easy: Orton or EJ or (tbd) for QB next year? Also reams of fire Hackett or fire Marrone or both (check). We'll settle in for extensive debate on the first one once the dust settles on the coaching changes.

I've aged ten years in two weeks.

It's amazing how much has happened, and how much of it -- some of it unintentionally -- is positive. Everyone assumed the Pegulas were going to spend and going to run things differently, but it's nice to see that in action. The arrow for this team is pointed up, anything less than 10 wins next season will be a disappointment -- something I would have never uttered aloud in the past 15 years without a lot of booze.

I love it.

Nice. #rising

In fact, I hadn't even heard about this sleepover in FLA and watching the Pats game together. Pretty neat.

Great Summary Kelly.

As to the above...I can just see all them sitting there having a few pops and saying" lets beat these fuggers...i am friggen sick of seeing the Pats* run this conference, lets be the ones to knock em of their smug asses"

Rex would totally love that !

Great Summary Kelly.

As to the above...I can just see all them sitting there having a few pops and saying" lets beat these fuggers...i am friggen sick of seeing the Pats* run this conference, lets be the ones to knock em of their smug asses"

Rex would totally love that !

LET'S GET A GOD DAMN SNACK!!!