Spend the entire draft of QB's

Bring in one guy through the draft every year or two. Otherwise your team loses valuable quality depth through attrition.

Consider how devastating Kiko's injury would have been for this team if not for Preston Brown.

You can't commit the entire first and second day of the draft to a single position, regardless of which position, and field a playoff caliber team.

If you do it right, you wouldn't need to do it every year. I agree that Whaley has been very spot on with later picks (woods, brown, kiko) but I would absolutely sacrifice depth (something you could add through FA) for a competent signal caller

If you do it right, you wouldn't need to do it every year. I agree that Whaley has been very spot on with later picks (woods, brown, kiko) but I would absolutely sacrifice depth (something you could add through FA) for a competent signal caller

Do it right like the Redskins when they took both RG3 and Cousins?

Oh, wait... It's not actually that easy.

So while we're loading up on QBs every year, we also get to overspend on veteran depth, which makes the cap situation untenable in short order, and leads to the inability to re-sign our high end home grown talent.

You can't do what you're suggesting and field a competitive team.

Do it right like the Redskins when they took both RG3 and Cousins?

Oh, wait... It's not actually that easy.

So while we're loading up on QBs every year, we also get to overspend on veteran depth, which makes the cap situation untenable in short order, and leads to the inability to re-sign our high end home grown talent.

You can't do what you're suggesting and field a competitive team.

You could if you hit on one of your picks. The point is that this year there is no free agent QBs that are worth the time. Other positions can be filled, depth in free agency. I'm not suggesting it every year. You make great points about over paid veteran talent.

What would you like breakdown at QB to look like going into OTAs?

You could if you hit on one of your picks. The point is that this year there is no free agent QBs that are worth the time. Other positions can be filled, depth in free agency. I'm not suggesting it every year. You make great points about over paid veteran talent.

What would you like breakdown at QB to look like going into OTAs?

"If you hit"...

"If"...

And that's a real big "if". In the last 5 years how many hits have their been league-wide?

Not nearly enough to justify your strategy as a gamble, in my opinion.

As for what I'd like to see as our QB situation going into OTAs?

A veteran place-holder like a Ryan Mallet, Brian Hoyer, or Matt Moore; EJ Manuel; and a mid round pick.

Going into the season I'd only want two of them on the 53 man roster.

In a draft full of crappy QBs, spend all the picks on QBs. BRILLIANT!

I'm curious. How do you give each enough time to know if any are worth a damn?

The fix this year is Guard, IMO. That's a position they should be able to fix with numbers.

Exactly, for a number of years hear this argument about bringing in like 5 QB's or so. You'll then have 5 unprepared QB's with no idea if any of them are any good. From what I've read multiple times the #2 QB typically gets about five snaps a week with the first team once the regular season starts. Doesn't sound like a very good way to develop someone if you ask me.

How do you give all of them, as well as EJ and whatever veteran you bring in, reps to develop, build familiarity with the first team receivers, and learn the offense?

I feel like everyone shys away from addressing the issue at QB. If we want to be contenders, we need to find the guy.

Not shying away but be smart about it. Bills were forced to draft EJ and the whole QB draft class has been underwhelming.

In a conversation I had with a friend (college FB coach), we were discussing the overwhelming need for good QB play. I proposed the question, would you trade all of your picks in 2015 for a suitable QB? He said yes, his reasoning:

-QB is the most important position in football

-there are no QBs in free agency worth a look

- all other holes can be filled through free agency

-if you select 2 or 3 QBs, you're more likely to land one

A pretty far fetched idea, I know. But not the craziest thing I've heard. Thoughts?

Do you mean like this idea? http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/175154-how-about-pulling-a-mike-dikta-type-of-deal/ Sounds like the same thing to me.

In a conversation I had with a friend (college FB coach), we were discussing the overwhelming need for good QB play. I proposed the question, would you trade all of your picks in 2015 for a suitable QB? He said yes, his reasoning:

-QB is the most important position in football

-there are no QBs in free agency worth a look

- all other holes can be filled through free agency

-if you select 2 or 3 QBs, you're more likely to land one

A pretty far fetched idea, I know. But not the craziest thing I've heard. Thoughts?

I'm a little unclear on what you're suggesting. Are you suggesting:

1) packaging all our 2015 draft picks to try to "move up" and draft 1 QB we think has "it" - if so, what do you think we could move up to with our remaining 2015 picks?

2) using every draft pick to draft a QB

3) packaging all our 2015 draft picks to try to trade for a QB, again, if so who do you think we could trade for with our remaining 2015 picks?

I'm a little unclear on what you're suggesting. Are you suggesting:

1) packaging all our 2015 draft picks to try to "move up" and draft 1 QB we think has "it" - if so, what do you think we could move up to with our remaining 2015 picks?

2) using every draft pick to draft a QB

3) packaging all our 2015 draft picks to try to trade for a QB, again, if so who do you think we could trade for with our remaining 2015 picks?

Does it really matter. They are all stupid ideas.